"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Are people here interested in broadening the scope of their Element Hider ? :think:

When members request a TeamView session, I find their browsers spouting advertisement and other non-essentials - don't think these folks are interested in Element Hiding (remember I bore those demonstration on my signature for over a year.)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 998k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When members request a TeamView session, I find their browsers spouting advertisement and other non-essentials - don't think these folks are interested in Element Hiding (remember I bore those demonstration on my signature for over a year.)

Yep, that's why asked beforehand ;)

I still remember that, it was over a year ago and I had absolutely no knowledge of what an Adblocker is, until I stumbled upon this :

A light little add-on like Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus can make a helluva difference in looks, page-loading speed and security (against malware) when teamed up with Adblock Plus (even if loaded with just a single filter subscription such as EasyList.)

The amazing difference in looks – when a website can be stripped down is demonstrated with test comparatives at the two topmost :pirate: sites (notorious for their extreme advertisements) at the download link below, illustrated as before and after use of the two above-mentioned add-ons:–

Download

(Please exercise discretion while opening these documents in front of others.)

Have come a long way since then ^_^

Yep, that's why asked beforehand ;)

I still remember that, it was over a year ago and I had absolutely no knowledge of what an Adblocker is, until I stumbled upon this :

A light little add-on like Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus can make a helluva difference in looks, page-loading speed and security (against malware) when teamed up with Adblock Plus (even if loaded with just a single filter subscription such as EasyList.)

The amazing difference in looks – when a website can be stripped down is demonstrated with test comparatives at the two topmost :pirate: sites (notorious for their extreme advertisements) at the download link below, illustrated as before and after use of the two above-mentioned add-ons:–

Download:

http://goo.gl/RzZkyw(Please exercise discretion while opening these documents in front of others.)

Ah yes, I see that you have preserved my previous signature - BTW, the download link you shortened has been blocked by stupid Google . . . . . . . . . . . here is the original link:--

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q3f5bchbojo6opy/Softexia_&_2baksa__(BEFORE_&_AFTER).rar

Ah yes, I see that you have preserved my previous signature - BTW, the download link you shortened has been blocked by stupid Google . . . . . . . . . . . here is the original link:--

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q3f5bchbojo6opy/Softexia_&_2baksa__(BEFORE_&_AFTER).rar

Actually, that shortened URL was also yours only, bots might have taken it down. :hehe:

Nonetheless, edited my post to reflect the corect link. :)

Yep, recently Google turned aggro. on shortened links. <_<

BTW, if you have an Element Hiding guide, in mind - encourage you to go right ahead (if in doubt about the response/outcome, you can call for consensus on interest level - which is exactly what I do before embarking upon long-assed tutorials.) ^_^

BTW, if you have an Element Hiding guide, in mind - encourage you to go right ahead (if in doubt about the response/outcome, you can call for consensus on interest level - which is exactly what I do before embarking upon long-assed tutorials.) ^_^

Let's see how this pans out, post #2113 was done specifically for that purpose.

BTW, I remember me telling you that cookieSafe ain't nightly compatible and later after few FF updates, you also confirmed that it ain't working any longer.

So, did you manage to find an alternative? :rolleyes:

So, did you manage to find an alternative? :rolleyes:

BTW, I remember me telling you that cookieSafe ain't nightly compatible and later after few FF updates, you also confirmed that it ain't working any longer.

Yep, it is no longer compatible with the V36, either - was sorry to let CookieSafe go. h4CvlGL.gif

I tried all other Cookie Managers but could not find a worthy successor - have now employed a simple workaround (manually maintaining the Exceptions...)

I tried all other Cookie Managers but could not find a worthy successor - have now employed a simple workaround (manually maintaining the Exceptions...)

Are you allowing them for like forever in the options or for only the session ?

bcoz if its for session, it forgets when nightly deletes browsing history.

or are you using a session manager ?

Are you allowing them for like forever in the options or for only the session ?

bcoz if its for session, it forgets when nightly deletes browsing history.

or are you using a session manager ?

I allow cookies only for session - using Session Manager.

Team Viewer

Version 10.0.40386

--> New intro window at the start of online meetings :naughty: requires fix or no ?

Also don't forget the sponsored session popup.

Session manager is nightly as well as e10s compatible, but still working out its functioning :yes:

Team Viewer

Version 10.0.40386

--> New intro window at the start of online meetings :naughty: requires fix or no ?

Shall test this release, tomorrow - will know whether fix is required.

Also don't forget the sponsored session popup.

Have never bumped into the Sponsored Session pop-up, yet.

I don't know why, I have exactly acted according to the first post but IDM is not blocked completely. When I click on option "check for updates..." encounter the error that "permission denied. Please check your firewall settings...." but when I exit IDM and run it again, I see "... has been registered with a fake serial...". I have tested both WFC and Windows8FirewallControl programs. I will be appreciated if you help me.

I don't know why, I have exactly acted according to the first post but IDM is not blocked completely. When I click on option "check for updates..." encounter the error that "permission denied. Please check your firewall settings...." but when I exit IDM and run it again, I see "... has been registered with a fake serial...". I have tested both WFC and Windows8FirewallControl programs. I will be appreciated if you help me.

Try the following one by one and check the result after each step:

1) Register again(for the second time and with a new serial) to see if it solves the problem.

2) Check your firewall settings (all 22 IPs are included & IPs to be blocked in remote option and not Local).

3) Check your AntiVirus (or any other security app) that maybe acting as a proxy, for IDM settings.

4) Just run the IDM installer once again to check if it solves the problem.

5) Once all the above has been tried, try doing a fresh install.

• Uninstall from Control Panel.
  • Use the registry cleaner from first post.
  • Delete temporary files, manually check for any leftovers in your system (you can skip this step, the registry cleaner should suffice this).
  • Do a system reboot.
  • Reinstall IDM.

Also please do mention what is your system setup and what security apps you are using to check for interference with your Firewall.

Reason For Editing : Typo Mistake

@Now

I checked all one by one but the problem is still alive. Let me inform you of something. I blocked the IDMan.exe with WFC (Whole outbound access not those specific 22 IPs) but I would see the fake serial again. Maybe WFC is not working well.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and KAV 15.0.2.361 + Windows Firewall Control + Malwarebytes Anti-Exploite + SpyShelter

knowledge-Spammer

@Now

I checked all one by one but the problem is still alive. Let me inform you of something. I blocked the IDMan.exe with WFC (Whole outbound access not those specific 22 IPs) but I would see the fake serial again. Maybe WFC is not working well.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and KAV 15.0.2.361 + Windows Firewall Control + Malwarebytes Anti-Exploite + SpyShelter

Windows8FirewallControl works fine

I blocked the IDMan.exe with WFC (Whole outbound access not those specific 23 IPs)

You got to block only those 24 IPs - blocking anything more will cause a failure in your downloads.

. . . . . . but I would see the fake serial again. Maybe WFC is not working well.

WFC is working great here - on my 8.1 Update 3 and Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (far more efficiently than any other firewall.)

My suggestion:--

01.) Switch off your internet

02.) Ensure that those 24 IPs are blocked as per the guide at the OP

03.) Ensure that IDM is not permitted to startup with Windows

04.) Reboot

05.) Check your Task Manager for any IDM process and kill / terminate, if present

06.) Fire up your IDM and register it with a fresh serial

07.) Reboot

08.) Fire up your IDM again and register it again, only if your copy has gotten unregistered

09.) Once the registration sticks, switch on the internet

10.) Report back

Just another thing - check out whether someone has entered a proxy into your IDM knowingly or unknowingly. yXZVmpE.gif

I blocked the IDMan.exe with WFC (Whole outbound access not those specific 22 IPs)

You got to block only those 22 IPs - blocking anything more will cause a failure in your downloads.

. . . . . . but I would see the fake serial again. Maybe WFC is not working well.

WFC is working great here - on my 8.1 Update 3 and Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (far more efficiently than any other firewall.)

My suggestion:--

01.) Switch off your internet

02.) Ensure that those 22 IPs are blocked as per the guide at the OP

03.) Ensure that IDM is not permitted to startup with Windows

04.) Reboot

05.) Check your Task Manager for any IDM process and kill / terminate, if present

06.) Fire up your IDM and register it with a fresh serial

07.) Reboot

08.) Fire up your IDM again and register it again, only if your copy has gotten unregistered

09.) Once the registration sticks, switch on the internet

10.) Report back

After the 6th step, immediately, although the internet was off, I got the previous fake serial error. (I had uninstalled the IDM program with Total Uninstall and used the .bat file provided in the first post of this topic).

I checked that box but it was not useful for my problem.

That is your problem area.....

KAV has inbuilt Firewall( or known as network monitor or something like that )

I don't remember the exact path/location of this 'pseudo-firewall' but check in the network options.

As long as that stays enabled, you can use any firewall and KAV will bypass it randomly or if you are unlucky, regularly.

No wonder your setup consisted of Kaspersky, the only product people have problems implementing the IP/Firewall method.

After you have set your KAV right, would recommend you do a clean install.

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived