"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Reducing The Firefox Memory-hogging Dramatically

(monitor post # 2 for updates on all tutorials)

Before Reduction:--

i2d9Bzb.png

After Reduction:--

d17Tt2l.png

The Background:--

The above illustration belongs on a Firefox which runs 15 add-ons, 5 plugins, 3 themes and 1 extension - some of those add-ons include Adblock Plus and NoScript which are amongst the most notorious ones known to lag Firefox.

The Procedure:--

The following process will not only reduce your memory - but, also your CPU resource-hogging:--

• Download Firemin (portable) from the homepage - I prefer the beta version since it possesses an additional feature and has been tested to be more effective.
  • Next, unZip the portable contents unto the directory of your choice and then run Firemin.exe (this is just a one time procedure.)
  • Finally, refer to the following illustration for a numerical guidance on my personal configuration:--

cGadMX5.png

In Firefox it do the trick and had no issues with the use of my hard drive. But does it work for Pale Moon x64?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i2d9Bzb.png

d17Tt2l.png

The above illustration belongs on a Firefox which runs 15 add-ons, 5 plugins, 3 themes and 1 extension - some of those add-ons include Adblock Plus and NoScript which are amongst the most notorious ones known to lag Firefox.

The following process will not only reduce your memory - but, also your CPU resource-hogging:--

• Download Firemin (portable) from the homepage - I prefer the beta version since it possesses an additional feature and has been tested to be more effective.
  • Next, unZip the portable contents unto the directory of your choice and then run Firemin.exe (this is just a one time procedure.)
  • Finally, refer to the following illustration for a numerical guidance on my personal configuration:--

cGadMX5.png

In Firefox it do the trick and had no issues with the use of my hard drive. But does it work for Pale Moon x64?

Yes, the Author of Firemin, Rizonesoft - has declared that the latest beta works with Palemoon:--

The new Firemin Beta supports Palemoon. You will find the Beta release at the bottom of this page. However, please not that there is currently an issue with the Options not saving. If you can wait until tomorrow, I will have the issue sorted and uploaded.

knowledge-Spammer

"Liberate Your CCleaner From The Ugly Clutches of Metro (ModernUI)"

can i ask y it need to rest my pc i do not like when cmd rest my pc :)

but i do like the new look FjP7nKR.png?1

"Liberate Your CCleaner From The Ugly Clutches of Metro (ModernUI)"

can i ask y it need to rest my pc i do not like when cmd rest my pc :)

but i do like the new look FjP7nKR.png?1

The icon cache cannot possibly be purged while the system is in use - hence, the Refresh_Icons.cmd signs (logs) your system off (does not really restart it.)

knowledge-Spammer

i ask this as i use shadow mode

so if i have downloaded files on my pc when i run your cmd it removed my files i downloaded its not a big thing

may be add it may log u off for a min or so but nice work i do like

so if i have downloaded files on my pc when i run your cmd it removed my files i downloaded its not a big thing

You will also find in the downloaded Instructions set - an invitation to optimize the script of the Refresh_Icons.cmd. F3h9xqz.gif

In case you are already running Yamicsoft Windows Manager on your system - the following is another alternative, to help rebuild your cache:--

Click the following image for the bigger picture:

gyIfUIW.png

I will do it myself.

Now that the tutorial has been put up, hope you can do it yourself :yes: :lmao:
Wow, you got the intention behind my idea pretty well!

I will do it myself.Now that the tutorial has been put up, hope you can do it yourself :yes: :lmao:

Wow, you got the intention behind my idea pretty well!

Most of the time - such social services are a total waste of time and energy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . going by the appreciation (or, rather - the lack of it.) :think:

Sorry @dcs18 I didn't mean to hijack your thread..I had a few last night..It's been deleted..Peace bro.. :wub:

knowledge-Spammer

@dcs18 i did a lit bit more to the program u may like its not a bigthing but as u made this program look a lot better i did this hope u like it or maybe post # 3 :)

gsMB2XF.png?1

little video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA1UbpcZE4A&feature=youtu.be

so u can see more abit what i did hope u not get mad that me i woz just playing with the look of the program its all :)

download link for exes http://www.datafilehost.com/d/d9303ef4

so u can see more abit what i did hope u not get mad that me i woz just playing with the look of the program its all :)

Ha ha - why would I get mad (you are improving with your art.) F3h9xqz.gif

knowledge-Spammer

some people not like when people re edit things but i did this so now we not need to run cmd just copy and replace and changed icons its all i wos playing with the programs look

ps file size is smaller now :)

some people not like when people re edit things but i did this so now we not need to run cmd just copy and replace and changed icons its all i wos playing with the programs look

My work is always free to be redistributed, without credits or even permission (sharing is caring - especially, when it is of free will):--

"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides & Tips"

(the playground of ordinary men & women who dared to achieve the extraordinary)

Notice:

• This guide can be re-distributed anywhere without having to consult with me

knowledge-Spammer

My work is always free to be redistributed, without credits or even permission (sharing is caring - especially, when it is of free will):--

"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides & Tips"

(the playground of ordinary men & women who dared to achieve the extraordinary)

Notice:

• This guide can be re-distributed anywhere without having to consult with me

no no credits to u for making it look better

i just did litlle things change icons and filesize its all

all credits to u

@dcs18 i did a lit bit more to the program u may like its not a bigthing but as u made this program look a lot better i did this hope u like it or maybe post # 3 :)

no no credits to u for making it look better

i just did litlle things change icons and filesize its all

all credits to u

Also want you to know that your efforts are noted and appreciated - have included your files to the CCleaner tutorial and duly credited at post # 2. RlW5CMh.gif

"Taming Snagit Even As It Grows Wilder"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

The Background:

Spoiler

Snagit has long been regarded by the Pros. as the undisputed king of screenshot-capturing programs — however, the latest V12 incorporated a sneaky installer which can contribute to a fair deal of system slowdown if the User is not cautious.

In any case, it still sinks 3 undesirable hooks into your system — described in more details under The Laundry.

The Installation:

Spoiler

Snagit does not respect your choice of settings your preferences need to be set afresh, at every installation:

zb0lgWF.png

The Laundry:

Spoiler

The 3 Problems

The latest Snagit installs the following unnecessary extras (regardless of how you perform the install):—

01.) TechSmith Uploader service as an Automatic service

02.) Techsmith Updater as an automated Scheduled Task

03.) A Send To shortcut under the Desktop context menu

The 3 Solutions

01.) TechSmith Uploader service as an Automatic service

• Navigate to TechSmith Uploader service — double click the service >> startup type (change this from Automatic to Disabled) >> Apply >> Stop >> OK
  • Personally, I prefer to run SC Delete "TechSmith Uploader Service" as an elevated command to delete the TechSmith Uploader service

02.) Techsmith Updater as an automated Scheduled Task

• Navigate to  Task Scheduler >> Task Scheduler Library >> (right click) TechSmith Updater >> Disable (my personal preference is to Delete)

03.) A Send To shortcut under the Desktop context menu

• Navigate to C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo — then, just delete the TechSmith shortcut (unless you really find this shortcut useful)

The Backup:

Spoiler

Those who would like to backup their configuration and settings for Techsmith Snagit and other programs & applications as well, can refer to the following:

post # 2445

Any chance for Process Lasso & Acronis True Image Tuts ? :naughty: :tehe:

Given the fact that trolling has ceased (on this thread,) we can do those tutorials - provided we have a major demand for the same. :dunno:

i2d9Bzb.png

d17Tt2l.png

cGadMX5.png

Yes, the Author of Firemin, Rizonesoft - has declared that the latest beta works with Palemoon:--

The new Firemin Beta supports Palemoon. You will find the Beta release at the bottom of this page. However, please not that there is currently an issue with the Options not saving. If you can wait until tomorrow, I will have the issue sorted and uploaded.

My Pale Moon is not amused then.

bOpzyPbs.jpg

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived