Block IDM to calling home for Comodo firewall users

Made base on comodo application rules tutorials

• Go to comodo main menu, click "Task"

01_comodo_home.png
    pic#.01, Forewall main menu

• Click "Firewall Task", then "Open advanced Setting"

02_comodo_firewall_task_menu.png
    pic#.02, Firewall Task Menu

• Comodo Advanced Settings windows will appear, Click "Firewall" to expand Firewall settings, then clik "Application Rules"
    Clicking the handle at the bottom center of the interface opens a rule control panel, then click "Add".

03_COMODO_Advanced_Settings.png
    pic#.03, Firewall Advanced Setting

• Application rule window appear, click "Browse" dropdown menu and select "File". In the explorer window, navigate to IDM installation folder and select "IDMan.exe" file.
  • Clicking the handle at the bottom center of the interface opens a rule control panel, then click "Add" button to add Firewall Rules to IDMan.exe.
    Firewall rule window will appear.

04_COMODO_Application_Rules.png
    pic#.04, Application Rule

• In the Firewall rule window, enter the following:
    • Action: Block
    • Protocol: IP
    • Direction: In or Out
    • Description: "Block IP" or whatever describe the rule
    • Source Address:
      Type: Any Address
    • Destination Address:
      Type: IPv4 Single Address
      IP: IP address wil be blocked, ie. 050.022.078.028
    • IP Details:
      IP Protocol: Any
    Click "OK" to accept the rule. ypu will be back to Application Rule" window.

05_COMODO_Firewall_Rule.png
    pic#.05, Firewall Rule

• Repeat step 5 and 6 for all the IP addressed will be blocked.
    To save the Application rules, click "OK"

07_Application_Rule_done.png
    pic#.06, Application Rule

• You will be back to Advance Settings Window, click "OK" to save the rules and back to "Main Menu"

08_Comodo_Adv_setting_done.png
    pic#.07, Advance setting

Test result:

IDM_blocked.png
IDM blocked to call home

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dcs18

would you mind checking up IDM on ur system? :secret:

Tell me - what is your finding?

For the sake of User safety - I have included the 23rd IP. :dunno:

@dcs18

would you mind checking up IDM on ur system? :secret:

Tell me - what is your finding?

For the sake of User safety - I have included the 23rd IP. :dunno:

Plz open up ur PM or TV, as it pleases u.

I will wait for 10 mins otherwise will see it next time.

Tested with 23 IP's after some hours error returns for me.

dcs18 can you add this new IP to the IDM guide ? It was because of this one I was having the fake serial warning.

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/242843-internet-download-manager-623-build-10/page-24?do=findComment&comment=916940

Thanks !

block one more ip 184.173.149.184. may be it is helpful

Tested with 23 IP's after some hours error returns for me.

I am afraid that 23rd IP has not helped - some of my Customers have been complaining about it.

IDM seems to have done something different, this time. :s

yep..DCS the 23rd IP isnt helping its again getting popped up

ALSO observed a pattern THE FAKE POP-UP is only getting if i try to download anything new otherthan i already downloaded in the IDM list

might be the IDM extension or GRabber is leaking it

regards

Kantry, I no longer have IDM on my system and am completely helpless in the given situation (running a Linux box.).

Nonetheless, seemed to have resolved the issue on one Customer's system - let me know if you would like to have a TeamViewing session.

in the given situation (running a Linux box.).

BTW, what kind of Linux distro do you run?

ATM, a completely pimped Red Hat (on behalf of my stakeholders) with a strict NDA.

"Configuring Windows Firewall Control For Optimal Use"

ATM, I am not running Windows - been on a Linux environment over the last 3 months (for an Enterprise.) Hope to grab a Windows, one of these days to create a tutorial for the masses - illustrating how I deploy Windows Firewall Control to my client machines.

However, not too sure folks really need this guide - looking forward to some feedback . . . . . . . . before, embarking on this project.

Hello .

Any information how configure the firewall from Avast Internet Security 2015 please ? ( 2015.10.2.2215 )

An Appeal

This bears special reference to Users of Avast Internet Security 2015 who have been firewalling IDM. It would be really nice of you to step forward and volunteer to publish your screenshots illustrating the procedure for inputting those 24 IPs mentioned at the OP.

Needless to say, you receive all due credits - we look forward to an early submission. uu0vOfR.gif

hello dcs18,

i am no longer interest in idm cat and mouse game. so i changed to freedownloadmanager because i am using it almost from 2002, first i used as my daily driver and then jumped to idm and now went back to it again because i always kept installed as secondary option when idm fails of fake serial. ( who knows what will happens next, seriously i have always bad luck with my stability of my pc as well as microsloth failures, so i never trust these). anyway come back to topic another maethod idm is using uninstall.exe to access the registry to check and process the keys installed and hooks the other programs like svchost.exe for outgoing to check valid keys and same process start to ban the key install and it never start again poping up fake serial installed. unistall.exe greating registry entry called proxybypass in registry as well as one file will be dropped in sys32\drivers so it uninstall can hook other outgoing program to communicated to idm server, why i 100% sure on this because outpost firewall logs that strange out going address, i became paranioa and decide to unistall it thats it from side of story and i am not going to rant this any more. finall one last word when you block the 23 or even 24 th ip address also, when you launch idm it will create a loopbck communication and try to communicate to the idm server or else using the same technice it will request or hooks the other outgoing allowed program to check the keys, you can understand i think hooking means what, and how it works. thats all bye bye so i amdecided to say off from all the website for while and take a break from all of these thing and i am going concerate on my personal things. good bye nice to meet you.

here is the proof

unistall.png

system32\drivers dropping file to help uninstall hooking other file (dcs18 seriously tell me hh.exe is a file in the system32 directory its need internet connects as well as exactly same ip address of idm checking for the keys, come on.............. seriously.) dcs18 for your sake i will tell you pure firewall will not never stop rootkit kind outgoing traffic, firewall with hips and it can monitor all files activity and one hooking the others and etc bells and whistle need for example spyshelter firewall it can monitor one file hooking others as well one file launching other, so until or unless you can't control outgoing traffic.)

sys32filedroping.png

ps : Thanks for the comodo firewall tutorial :) saved it and book marked it. thanks masterpc :) may be i am wrong about your name. :P

hello dcs18,

i am no longer interest in idm cat and mouse game. so i changed to freedownloadmanager because i am using it almost from 2002, first i used as my daily driver and then jumped to idm and now went back to it again because i always kept installed as secondary option when idm fails of fake serial. ( who knows what will happens next, seriously i have always bad luck with my stability of my pc as well as microsloth failures, so i never trust these). anyway come back to topic another maethod idm is using uninstall.exe to access the registry to check and process the keys installed and hooks the other programs like svchost.exe for outgoing to check valid keys and same process start to ban the key install and it never start again poping up fake serial installed. unistall.exe greating registry entry called proxybypass in registry as well as one file will be dropped in sys32\drivers so it uninstall can hook other outgoing program to communicated to idm server, why i 100% sure on this because outpost firewall logs that strange out going address, i became paranioa and decide to unistall it thats it from side of story and i am not going to rant this any more. finall one last word when you block the 23 or even 24 th ip address also, when you launch idm it will create a loopbck communication and try to communicate to the idm server or else using the same technice it will request or hooks the other outgoing allowed program to check the keys, you can understand i think hooking means what, and how it works. thats all bye bye so i amdecided to say off from all the website for while and take a break from all of these thing and i am going concerate on my personal things. good bye nice to meet you.

here is the proof

unistall.png

system32\drivers dropping file to help uninstall hooking other file (dcs18 seriously tell me hh.exe is a file in the system32 directory its need internet connects as well as exactly same ip address of idm checking for the keys, come on.............. seriously.) dcs18 for your sake i will tell you pure firewall will not never stop rootkit kind outgoing traffic, firewall with hips and it can monitor all files activity and one hooking the others and etc bells and whistle need for example spyshelter firewall it can monitor one file hooking others as well one file launching other, so until or unless you can't control outgoing traffic.)

sys32filedroping.png

ps : Thanks for the comodo firewall tutorial :) saved it and book marked it. thanks masterpc :) may be i am wrong about your name. :P

Patches seem to be working as ever.

Hi there, kmr1684!

Have been testing out FDM, myself - next on the cards, is EagleGet.

You might be happy to know that despite not having IDM on my system - we were able to overcome the new Tonec hurdle within minutes, simply by TeamViewing a Customer's IDM. Wish the patches could have tasted success with the same speed, too.

Thanks to the Tonec hurdle, we could be doing this new project - if the people want us to.

I hope, this method won't let me have that bad experience.

Don't worry about it at all, there is a money-back guarantee that covers you with this tutorial - in case of a bad experience with this method you stand to receive 250% damages of the amount you actually paid.

Umm.

Had my fun for now dcs18.....Don't forget about "the fools using patches, the ip blockers NEVER need patches :lol: "....

I hope, this method won't let me have that bad experience.

Don't worry about it at all, there is a money-back guarantee that covers you with this tutorial - in case of a bad experience with this method you stand to receive 250% damages of the amount you actually paid.

As already mentioned (9 months, 2 weeks, 6 days ago) - the chances of damages are in direct proportion to one's IQ (you, my friend were covered - make merry.)

Had my fun for now dcs18.....Don't forget about "the fools using patches, the ip blockers NEVER need patches :lol: "....

Those who are using the patches are not fools, clubhouse. h3uXN07.gif

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived