"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 998.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preventing The TeamViewer Advertising Pop-up

This little tip is for those who like to have an extremely tight control over each and every application and program.

The Problem:

Whenever one shuts down TeamViewer - the following advertisement pops-up:--

rmMB1GD.png

The Solution:

Just use your Anti-executable to block mshta.exe (C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe)

What if we delete mshta.exe ?

Will it cause prob?

Regards

Another solution is to run it once and close the pop-up, then go to your %temp%\TeamViewer\ there is a brand new 7.hta file, just make it Read-only and voila :jester: . No need to mess with mshta.exe.

The downside of this method is if you use a junk files cleaning program, the folder and file most probably will be removed and then recreated after each clean. But you are good to go if make an exclusion in the cleaning app.

knowledge-Spammer

How to hide it? Please guide me :)

image.png

what firefox u use i use 36.0.1

i think its time for u to update phuc

Oh, i use ESR version, thank you for prompt. I want to hide tips at Firefox homepage, can you guide me?

knowledge-Spammer

i think its time for u to update phuc

Oh, i use ESR version, thank you for prompt. I want to hide tips at Firefox homepage, can you guide me?

on 36.0.1 u not need to hide tips

but that said ill have a look for u

knowledge-Spammer

i download and installed FirefoxPortableESR_31.5.0_

but it seems u can not hideit mad and then if u go to about firefox it download the one i said 36.0.1

@phuc :hi:

just google how to remove snippets from firefox startpage and you should have the exact answer.

one sure way is to use stylish and the other *not so sure* is by about:config (you will find the detail in your google search)

this should provide both : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1003917

or you can change your homepage or startup page as per your wish in options.

:)

Easiest way to hide it is to use googles home page (if you want to use google as your main search engine) just go to options.

IDM addons :

Some people who have lately been having problems with IDM integration in Chrome can use the following IDM Chrome extension from Version 6.22 (which was the last working stable addon release in context of Chrome and IDM integration, atleast for me). This addon works with the latest IDM(Version 6.23 build 8) and Chrome(41.0.2272.101) releases. Remove the IDM addon from your Chrome if you already have it and just drag and drop the following extension and it will work.

This way you can have the latest IDM installed in your system and also have it integrated properly in your Chrome.

For Chrome Stable Release :

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g8t3fedeurqprv9

Update : The integration is fixed for me now in IDM version 6.23 build 9. If it's still buggy for you, you can use the above addon for complete functionality. :)

For Firefox Nightly Release :

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iqhl66ue6jc5p1l

use the one by dcs18 : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-compilation-of-tutorials-guides-tips/page-109?do=findComment&comment=915092

p.s. This tip is brought to you by SlimRock.

Reason For Editing : Update about firefox addon

• New firefox nightly feature : Reader Mode

lrg7iQ7.png

xIAS81f.png

If you notice the address bar, You will see the new reader mode icon showing up.

Clicking it would present the concerned content in better reading presentation.

What's more, you can increase/decrease fonts, font size and background color (oh,yeah there's a dark mode too) as it pleases you.

A little buggy right now as you see it gives clubhouse's name instead of mine in the above screenshot but hey it's nightly for that very reason.

Still early days but signs are positive, all I can say is it can only get better :thumbsup:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Another new feature is to play DRM content :

djrp7Se.png

Read more about this feature here : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-drm

I don't know for this post is on right place but need information for this how to block gmail country redirect when logout show "gmail.xx" xx is country code

I don't know for this post is on right place but need information for this how to block gmail country redirect when logout show "gmail.xx" xx is country code

tested this with my gmail, not sure what kind of redirection you are asking here.

Can you present a screenshot or some more information ?

Preventing The TeamViewer Advertising Pop-up

This little tip is for those who like to have an extremely tight control over each and every application and program.

The Problem:

Whenever one shuts down TeamViewer - the following advertisement pops-up:--

rmMB1GD.png

The Solution:

Just use your Anti-executable to block mshta.exe (C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe)

What if we delete mshta.exe ?

Will it cause prob?

Regards

Another solution is to run it once and close the pop-up, then go to your %temp%\TeamViewer\ there is a brand new 7.hta file, just make it Read-only and voila :jester: . No need to mess with mshta.exe.

The downside of this method is if you use a junk files cleaning program, the folder and file most probably will be removed and then recreated after each clean. But you are good to go if make an exclusion in the cleaning app.

Before publishing that tutorial, I played comprehensively with the 7.hta temp file . . . . . . . . . . all those hacks turned out to be mere workarounds - not a solid solution like blocking the mshta.exe (preventing the issue at the root.) B)

Not sure if I copy what you are asking for - check out post # 2019 though.

tested this with my gmail, not sure what kind of redirection you are asking here.

Can you present a screenshot or some more information ?

Not sure if I copy what you are asking for - check out post # 2019 though.

Is this when login to gmail is gmail.com but when logout then in adress show google.xx country and then for 1 second show gmail.com but if trace domain show is connected background.

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived