"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

My suggestion:--

01.) Switch off your internet

02.) Ensure that those 24 IPs are blocked as per the guide at the OP

03.) Ensure that IDM is not permitted to startup with Windows

04.) Reboot

05.) Check your Task Manager for any IDM process and kill / terminate, if present

06.) Fire up your IDM and register it with a fresh serial

07.) Reboot

08.) Fire up your IDM again and register it again, only if your copy has gotten unregistered

09.) Once the registration sticks, switch on the internet

10.) Report back

After the 6th step, immediately, although the internet was off, I got the previous fake serial error. (I had uninstalled the IDM program with Total Uninstall and used the .bat file provided in the first post of this topic).

Yes, that is exactly why rest of the steps were enumerated - especially step 08.)

Did you follow all the 10.) steps?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My suggestion:--

02.) Ensure that those 22 IPs are blocked as per the guide at the OP

03.) Ensure that IDM is not permitted to startup with Windows

04.) Reboot

05.) Check your Task Manager for any IDM process and kill / terminate, if present

06.) Fire up your IDM and register it with a fresh serial

07.) Reboot

08.) Fire up your IDM again and register it again, only if your copy has gotten unregistered

09.) Once the registration sticks, switch on the internet

10.) Report back

After the 6th step, immediately, although the internet was off, I got the previous fake serial error. (I had uninstalled the IDM program with Total Uninstall and used the .bat file provided in the first post of this topic).

Yes, that is exactly why rest of the steps were enumerated - especially step 08.)

Did you follow all the 10.) steps?

I got what was wrong at last. I was on the right way at first, I did all 4 steps in the first post correct, but the missed point was my forbidden curiosity of exiting and running the program before rebooting. You lightened my way dude ant thanks for your care.

No wonder your setup consisted of Kaspersky, the only product people have problems implementing the IP/Firewall method.

There are other products, too.

NOD32 EAV is also known to cause the same issue - it basically behaves like a proxy and reroutes the packets.

Do you think it is enough to turn off this KAV feature only?

zQhb3aI.png

@dcs18

Subject: ad blocking in android.

As suggested by you I have installed ABP app in my phone and then downloaded the easy list. Now there is a ABP icon on the top-left corner of the screen and when I swipe down the system notification, there is a ABP notification stating "Adblock plus: waiting for traffic on port 2020". Is it okay?

Then I have downloaded the "lucky patcher v5.5.0". Tried to instal it but as I tap the apk to instal it shows an error "Parse error: there was a problem parsing the package". I have no idea what's going wrong here.

No wonder your setup consisted of Kaspersky, the only product people have problems implementing the IP/Firewall method.

There are other products, too.

NOD32 EAV is also known to cause the same issue - it basically behaves like a proxy and reroutes the packets.

zQhb3aI.png

Many moons ago, I remember it was kantry123 who first had this same issue on his copy of Kaspersky which I had resolved, via TeamViewer.

I am not running Kaspersky but yet can confirm that the feature (Web Anti-Virus) which your illustration shows as disabled is not the one - hope one of the Kaspersky Users comes forward to help you out with the correct feature to be disabled.

Then I have downloaded the "lucky patcher v5.5.0". Tried to instal it but as I tap the apk to instal it shows an error "Parse error: there was a problem parsing the package". I have no idea what's going wrong here.

Lucky Patcher needs a rooted device - else, you need to use a different flavor of Lucky Patcher (No Root.)

Lucky Patcher needs a rooted device - else, you need to use a different flavor of Lucky Patcher (No Root.)
Alright. But where can I find "lucky patcher (no root)"? And what about ABP? Is it fine?

Please, report the following 2 posts for removal. Bad network!

Alright. But where can I find "lucky patcher (no root)"? And what about ABP? Is it fine?

I don't use use internet - hence, ABP is not installed on my device. :dunno:

Instead of hunting for the No Root variant of Lucky Patcher, each time - suggest rooting your device, once and for all.

I got what was wrong at last. I was on the right way at first, I did all 4 steps in the first post correct, but the missed point was my forbidden curiosity of exiting and running the program before rebooting. You lightened my way dude ant thanks for your care.

You said you realised your mistake here - so did it finally helped ?

That is not the option, would first recommend you to enable it again.

It's somewhere in the 'Additional Options'.

But like dcs18, I too, don't remember the exact path. Wait for some Kaspersky user to repond to your query.

Reason For Editing : Typo Mistake

You said you realised your mistake here - so did it finally helped ?

I'm using the activated IDM now. After performing the 4 essential steps on OP, however IDM was activated, but I stil exited and runned it again to see if it is registered yet or not. And this was my mistake, because IDM losed its registered situation. You must reboot the system and then check it by exit/run if you like. dcs18 instructions helped me to find my mistake.

@dcs18

So I tested out FireMin without the influence of Adguard For Windows(completing disabling it to the root).

But the result for me remains the same, check these screenies out:

While Loading: http://i.imgur.com/SkIBxkQ.png

After Loading: http://i.imgur.com/bwEuWzk.png

You can notice the ads and all customizations gone away, just to prove my innocence.

FWIW, when the browser was freshly opened up to a blank page, it was consuming over 20% of the hard disk :(

So, maybe its not for me.

All Firemin, settings were set as recommended by u.

p.s. one more addition, like kantry, I too am observing delays or kind-of hang-ups with FireMin.

OK, was just wondering whether Adguard had anything to do with your particular issue. :think:

What's new in Nightly ver. 39

• Looks like they are now thinking of modifying BookMarks and the way we know it. They seem to collaborate their reader mode with the new reading list feature.

uZOrecw.png

GRsoyGe.png

Ix4jky4.png

• Also there is a new option in about:preferences#general

z5onxOh.png

software182

I remember there's someone around here has a problem when registering IDM with valid key, can anyone link me to that ? i mean, a friend of mine gave me valid IDM key and i want to use it ( thanks for Him :) ). I already uninstalled IDM with TU, run IDM Cleaner and still my IDM shows fake serial number :wtf:

I remember there's someone around here has a problem when registering IDM with valid key, can anyone link me to that ? i mean, a friend of mine gave me valid IDM key and i want to use it ( thanks for Him :) ). I already uninstalled IDM with TU, run IDM Cleaner and still my IDM shows fake serial number :wtf:

You could try the following procedure:--

02.) Reboot

03.) Check your Task Manager for any IDM process and kill / terminate, if present

04.) Fire up your IDM and register it with the valid serial

05.) Reboot

06.) Fire up your IDM again and register it again, only if your copy shows fake serial number

07.) Once the registration sticks, switch on the internet

08.) Report back

Didn't work :(

In that case the key may no longer be valid and might need to be firewalled as per the instructions at post # 2135. :think:
That's weird, i haven't use that key since my friend give it to me. Ok I'll report later

Hope he did not use it, either (knowingly or unknowingly.) ^_^

software182

Hmm, again this is really weird, i got it's working now :wtf:

here's my instruction :

1. Uninstall IDM with TU ( Restart )

2. Run IDM batch cleaner --> restart.

3. Install my IDM.

4. Download the new registration menu from official IDM link here --> http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/fillregform.html?d=cz1FTlRFUi1ZT1VSLS1QUk9EVS1DVEtFWQA=

5. Set my IDM ( both idm exe & idm integration module ) in Windows 8 Firewall Control with Outgoing only. I don't even block my idm with those 22 IPs.

I don't know my step is right, but now it's working for me :s

btw, thank you Dcs18 :)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived