"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Would be interesting to know what has been your personal experience - unfortunately, that person did not have the benefit of the tutorial (which Now had - probably a totally different environment, too.) ;)

and the developer's response :

rizonesoft

February 10, 2015

I may be because the Firemin.ini file is not writable. Are you maybe running Firmin from the Program Files directory

According to the response to the Developer - the above highlighted (assumed) query proved unfounded. :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw dcs18 any way to hide the sponsored popup as well :naughty:

I don't see it on my system - which one is that?

This is an e.g of the sponsored session popup that comes up when one is done after the session

py4k4Nl.jpg

Ah, this pop-up is not encountered on any of the systems deployed by me - shall have to find out . . . . . . . . why. yXZVmpE.gif

Shall try lowering my security (layer-by-layer) to find out the magical solution, to this pop-up . . . . . . . . . . . at leisure. zDLbIxl.gif

Would be interesting to know what has been your personal experience - unfortunately, that person did not have the benefit of the tutorial (which Now had - probably a totally different environment, too.) ;)

and the developer's response :

rizonesoft

February 10, 2015

I may be because the Firemin.ini file is not writable. Are you maybe running Firmin from the Program Files directory

According to the response to the Developer - the above highlighted (assumed) query proved unfounded. :)

I personally didn't noticed any bigger HDD activity while running Firemin.

The only difference is POSITIVE difference - according to Task Manager my PaleMoon keeps using much less memory.

Even that it doesn't influence overall performance of my machine since I've got sufficient amount of memory for my needs (10 GB / DDR3) and have never experienced any shortages in that matter before.

I personally didn't noticed any bigger HDD activity while running Firemin.

The only difference is POSITIVE difference - according to Task Manager my PaleMoon keeps using much less memory.

Even that it doesn't influence overall performance of my machine since I've got sufficient amount of memory for my needs (10 GB / DDR3) and have never experienced any shortages in that matter before.

Your experience, to me is most precious even if it is negative - EOD, our aspiration is to provide the best possible computing experience to one another (I cannot do this alone - I appreciate responses from fellow-members.)

Your responses are not criticism, to me - they are valuable feedback which corrects problems with the tutorial and Yours Truly.

How to add a custom url as your search engine in FF ? :think:

looking to have encrypted google rather than just google as search engine :rolleyes:

looking to have encrypted google rather than just google as search engine :rolleyes:

Just extract the contents (google.xml) of the following file (google.rar) into the Mozilla Firefox directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\searchplugins) - replace the existing file when prompted to:—

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3rxertkaxk4j4uu/google.rar

ps:--

• You have to repeat the above procedure at every installation since it gets replaced, by the installer.
  • You can safely delete all other .xml files, except google.xml - from the Mozilla Firefox directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\searchplugins)

In the wake of the new Firefox release (V40) the above-mentioned tip has lost its relevance — please check out post # 2851 for the new implementation.

Just extract the contents of the following file (google.xml) into the Firefox directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\searchplugins) - replace the existing file when prompted to:--

You have to repeat the above procedure at every installation since it gets replaced.

How to get this XML ?

u edited it manually ur self?

regards

Just extract the contents of the following file (google.xml) into the Firefox directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\searchplugins) - replace the existing file when prompted to:--

You have to repeat the above procedure at every installation since it gets replaced.

can u plz remove the security from the rar file, problem while extracting :rolleyes:

rCfJ8An.png

How to get this XML ?

u edited it manually ur self?

regards

Yep, that is homemade (you won't find it anywhere else) - feel free to change the links to one of your own choice.

Can you purge your browser cache and try again - have replaced the file at the server.

Don't worry i've given NOW ur file

dunno why Winrar got into prob in his pc

7ZIP worked fine!!

He's enjoying encrypted google!!

anyways thanks for ur contribution and time

Regards

Can you purge your browser cache and try again - have replaced the file at the server.

The file is good now just checked and is working great :thumbsup:

The file is good now just checked and is working great :thumbsup:

My fault, actually - lowered the security, this time (before re-archiving the file, afresh.) :P

@dcs18

As your thread has already long time ago incorporated many other topics than preventing programs from dialing home - I hope my question won't be considered completely off topic :

After updating my Team Viewer to the last version 10.0.39052 - the program demands administrator rights to run. Do you or anybody else are experiencing the same ? Why is it so ? thinking.gif

You have stated you appreciate user feedback, so I would like to inform that I was experiencing TV Advertising Pop-up for some time while using one of the previous versions of TV10 only. One day it just disappeared even I've never tried blocking mshta.exe. Could you tell me - why was it so ? :dunno:

PS

Your responses are not criticism, to me

You were absolutely right. Intention of my comment wasn't criticism at all, especially that I've chosen to use Firemin on regular basis myself. cheers.gif

@dcs18

As your thread has already long time ago incorporated many other topics than preventing programs from dialing home - I hope my question won't be considered completely off topic :

After updating my Team Viewer to the last version 10.0.39052 - the program demands administrator rights to run. Do you or anybody else are experiencing the same ? Why is it so ? thinking.gif

You have stated you appreciate user feedback, so I would like to inform that I was experiencing TV Advertising Pop-up for some time while using one of the previous versions of TV10 only. One day it just disappeared even I've never tried blocking mshta.exe. Could you tell me - why was it so ? :dunno:

PS

Your responses are not criticism, to me

You were absolutely right. Intention of my comment wasn't criticism at all, especially that I've chosen to use Firemin on regular basis myself. cheers.gif

The latest TeamViewer is asking for ADMIn rights

if u have disabled Teamviewer from services and Startup!!

Its quite normal

just ignore

i too have disabled startup and service myself!!

Also MSHTA.exe can be blocked through Group Policy!!! Thanks to @NOW

don't worry regards

After updating my Team Viewer to the last version 10.0.39052 - the program demands administrator rights to run. Do you or anybody else are experiencing the same

Nope, no demands for Admin rights, here (however, my system is already configured to operate at elevated privileges - all applications and programs) - you might have a mucked installation. :think:

Could be something to do with the same thing - a corruption in your installation. :dunno:

Have been always leaving my TeamViewer services on manual - never wanted to take any risk with Enterprise deployment (by disabling it.) ;)

After updating my Team Viewer to the last version 10.0.39052 - the program demands administrator rights to run. Do you or anybody else are experiencing the same ?

Its quite normal

just ignore

i too have disabled startup and service myself!!

Just tried switching the TeamViewer service (from Manual to Disabled) on 2 different machines and want you folks to know that the problem reported was not observed on either of those systems - hope this helps both of you to identify the root-cause through trial-n-elimination.

Both systems were already configured for Administrative privileges, though - as is the usual practice on all of my OS installations.

Both systems were already configured for Administrative privileges, though - as is the usual practice on all of my OS installations.

I think that is responsible for you not receivng the UAC popup.

If TV service is automatic, UAC doesnot popup but if disabled from startup, and service is set to manual, it will show UAC popup.

and this is not in v10 only, it was there in v9 also :yes:

I think that is responsible for you not receivng the UAC popup.

If TV service is automatic, UAC doesnot popup but if disabled from startup, and service is set to manual, it will show UAC popup.

and this is not in v10 only, it was there in v9 also :yes:

FWIW, apart from the Administrative privileges - UAC too, is disabled on systems deployed by me (find it too bothersome and lacking in AI.) 0pk6YBv.gif

@dcs18

can u just tell me whether e10s has arrived in ur FF build or no ? also what build u using now - stable or beta ?

is this entry present - 'browser.tabs.remote' in about:config ?

I am running the V36 RC - the following two about:config entries are present on my copy:--

browser.tabs.remote.autostartbrowser.tabs.remote.desktopbehavior

I am running the V36 RC - the following two about:config entries are present on my copy:--

Set to false by default ????

Set to false by default ????

By default - the first is set to False and the second one, to True.

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived