"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i wanted to try to block IDM i blocked 22 ips with ESET Smart Security but it seems not working, i can open the site and program check for updates normally

I blocked these ips with TCP & UDP protocol, but i don't know what i'm doing wrong :think:

Pic:

Snap1.png

Snap2.png

Those who r using WFC r happy with IP block method

those who wanna shift from patch to IP block method

i'm attaching my WFC rules backup!! That will help mostly till someone cracks it

WFC RULEZ BACKUP>>

http://zxcfiles.com/yu1tpco3f303

JUST USE THIS FILE TO IMPORT from WFC

THIS IS THE LICENSE FILE OF IDM TO GET REGISTERED after importing rules

http://zxcfiles.com/h12qf1ywi1d6

Thanks and Regards

Kantry123

When i wanted to try to block IDM i blocked 22 ips with ESET Smart Security but it seems not working, i can open the site and program check for updates normally

I blocked these ips with TCP & UDP protocol, but i don't know what i'm doing wrong :think:

That is the advantage of using IP/Firewall Method that you can seemlessly surf through the IDM site. :yes:

Could you show the screenshot of local tab as well in the same rule window as in your screenshots?

That is the advantage of using IP/Firewall Method that you can seemlessly surf through the IDM site. :yes:

Could you show the screenshot of local tab as well in the same rule window as in your screenshots?

local tab is empty, i found the problem

since ESET firewall don't order rules from up to down and i can't move the rule up, i have a rule for Firefox that allow it to connect to all, when i disable this rule my rule works fine

I posted in ESET forums about it that they need to work like any other firewall and allow me to move the rule up and down so i can make my rule before Firefox rule

since ESET firewall don't order rules from up to down and i can't move the rule up, i have a rule for Firefox that allow it to connect to all, when i disable this rule my rule works fine

I posted in ESET forums about it that they need to work like any other firewall and allow me to move the rule up and down so i can make my rule before Firefox rule

Actually why I was asking for the local tab, was because in ESS this 'local tab' should consist of the program path to be blocked.

and since you are saying it's empty, I am not really sure you followed it.

In my personal config, have set firefox to allow everything, so not sure how that is the problem. :s

Actually why I was asking for the local tab, was because in ESS this 'local tab' should consist of the program path to be blocked.

and since you are saying it's empty, I am not really sure you followed it.

In my personal config, have set firefox to allow everything, so not sure how that is the problem. :s

Empty means all, my rule will be active to any problem, and if i choose IDM for example my rule will be active for IDM only

I left it empty (All) to test IDM and Firefox i don't have to make a rule for each program

The problem that Eset don't allow me to move the rule up of Firefox rule like any other firewall

Empty means all, my rule will be active to any problem, and if i choose IDM for example my rule will be active for IDM only

I left it empty (All) to test IDM and Firefox i don't have to make a rule for each program

Sir plz fill the program path and your problem will be solved....u can allow all other apps to connect to IDM site if they want.....

as it is only IDM that calls 'home'.

Try the above, and enable the firefox rule and see the effect ;)

Sir plz fill the program path and your problem will be solved....u can allow all other apps to connect to IDM site if they want.....

as it is only IDM that calls 'home'.

Try the above, and enable the firefox rule and see the effect ;)

Yes it's working but what if i want to block these ips for all programs, i must make a rule for each program!!

when i leave it empty it say's all so it should be blocked in all programs right

Yes it's working but what if i want to block these ips for all programs, i must make a rule for each program!!

when i leave it empty it say's all so it should be blocked in all programs right

Other programs don't check if IDM is fake/genuine, only IDM does and thats why the rule specific for IDM.

Maybe dcs18, can explain in a better way than me. :)

I don't know how to explain it but maybe who use another firewall will understand it

When you use a firewall sometimes you need to move the rule up or down depends to what you want to do

For me i want to move the rule up of IDM and Firefox rules so Firefox and IDM will be allowed to anything except the rule above them and also it will be one rule for all programs but NOD32 don't work like that, in my opinion they need to improve the firewall more to make it more advanced and to allow you to make what you want

I don't want to take the topic to another direction, Thanks so much for your help :notworthy: and nice work you doing here dcs18 :clap:

SuperSU 2.48 Beta is just out (for Root Users only.)

For Users who update SuperSU, via their Recovery (preferred):--

http://download.chainfire.eu/735/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.48.zip?retrieve_file=1

For Users who update SuperSU, through conventional apk installation:--

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oxzvan8xbids4sz/Superuser.apk

Changelog:--

02.04.2015 - v2.48 - BETA

- TWRP/M9 issue fixed

Just an heads up for Users of TWRP WRT SuperSU 2.48 beta - I found that the TWRP/M9 issue is not fully fixed (had to return to the SuperSU 2.46 stable.) <_<

✪ IDM IP Blocking Method with Latest KIS15 MR2 (v15.0.2.361) + Kaspersky 2016 MR0 (v16.0.0.614)✪

Since Kaspersky 15 MR1 / previously released Kaspersky apps used to leak IP's through their firewall rule which is fixed with MR2 (v15.0.2.361) , so hereby it's recommended to install MR2 to them who're using Kaspersky firewall rule to block IDM to install MR2 .

1. KIS 2015 MR2 15.0.2.361 [English]
  2. KAV 2015 MR2 15.0.2.361 [English]
  3. KTS [Pure 4] 2015 MR2 15.0.2.361 [English]
  4. Product Homepage [For All Languages]

✪ Step by Step Instructions ✪

• Install Kaspersky , IDM . . Then click on Kaspersky settings

2Oylr3c.png?1

• Under "Protection" menu , click on "Firewall".

h8yWTNT.png?1

• Click on "Configure Application Rules".

mLOuWlr.png?1

• On search option type "IDM" & Choose "Internet Download Manager (IDM)".

txOtV4c.png?1

• Under "Network Rules" menu click on "Add".

7Cu2ZSI.png?1

• Now do as the followings Set Action - "Block" . . . Name - Any / "IDM Block" . . . Direction - "Inbound/Outbound" . . . Protocol - "All" . . . Address - "Addresses from the list" . . . Remote Addresses - " Enter all the 22 IP's (used Horizontal Format here) as mentioned on main page . . . Finally click on "Save" .

z7dzlNT.png?1

• Now you can see your 'IDM Block" rule with bv7vLKX.png?1 icons , means all's fine B) Now after checking the remote addresses ( /32 after each IP) click on "Save"

aUZfQcT.png?1

. . . That's all . . . You're done . . Enjoy :)

@dcs18

How to block IDM in latest Comodo Firewall 8.2.0.4508

STEP 1

• Open Comodo and go to Tasks.

9t1x715ae5et9kpzg.jpg

STEP 2

• Open Firewall Tasks.
  • Open Advanced Settings.

2c4arri9bi7011dzg.jpg

STEP 3

• In Advanced Settings go to Network Zones.

v8o9t7k07djrr11zg.jpg

STEP 4

• In Network Zones create a new Network Zone, call it IDM.

jfnlq6is57o68jezg.jpg

STEP 5

• Then go to the Blocked Zones tab and add the newly created IDM Zone.
  • Go back to the Network Zones tab.

4tmci18932pk0gdzg.jpg

STEP 6

• Select the IDM Zone and right click it and add a New Address.
  • Select IPv4 Single Address.

b7ms57v3h9ffq8yzg.jpg

STEP 7

• Add the address of the list, one by one (that's the only way).
  • After all is done then click the OK button and that's all.

okdv51olv54l70szg.jpg

I don't use IDM but I've tested this by ping on every address and the result is general failure, so it should work.

BRO dcs theres a prob with IP block ..as im using this method for long and i've haven't changed it since u configure it!!!

and i'm getiing this pop-up after evey here and now

any ideas??

Capture.png

regards

Maybe IDM had changed IP to check for license/update. I'm using this method too,and it worked very well before,but today I did a check update,IDM can connect to outside world. Some of my friends got the fake serial registration too.

dcs18 can you add this new IP to the IDM guide ? It was because of this one I was having the fake serial warning.

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/242843-internet-download-manager-623-build-10/page-24?do=findComment&comment=916940

Thanks !

BRO dcs theres a prob with IP block ..as im using this method for long and i've haven't changed it since u configure it!!!

any ideas??

Capture.png

regards

Maybe IDM had changed IP to check for license/update. I'm using this method too,and it worked very well before,but today I did a check update,IDM can connect to outside world. Some of my friends got the fake serial registration too.

Can someone please check the heads up from Greed93 - presently, I am testing another download manager and not able to confirm right away (it seemed fine - until last night.)

any ideas??

Capture.png

regards

block one more ip 184.173.149.184. may be it is helpful

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived