"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Preventing The TeamViewer Advertising Pop-up

This little tip is for those who like to have an extremely tight control over each and every application and program.

The Problem:

Whenever one shuts down TeamViewer - the following advertisement pops-up:--

rmMB1GD.png

The Solution:

Just use your Anti-executable to block mshta.exe (C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe)

What if we delete mshta.exe ?

Will it cause prob?

Regards

Better to not delete mshta.exe - it is used by other programs, too.

If mshta.exe is deleted, you will receive errors.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cracked with BRD Patch and now am getting the FAKE pop-up again and again.

I just want to know are those IP's mentioned just for blocking the Fake Pop-up or updates as well ? I want to keep receiving the update notification but do not want the fake pop-up .. Please help...

The firewall method for IDM is permanent and hence, you won't even receive notifications - you can monitor the IDM page to update your copy manually.

Furthermore, using this method your IDM needs to be fixed just one single time - thereafter, whenever you update your copy will continue to remain activated without ever having to be fixed again.

The firewall method for IDM is permanent and hence, you won't even receive notifications - you can monitor the IDM page to update your copy manually.

Furthermore, using this method your IDM needs to be fixed just one single time - thereafter, whenever you update your copy will continue to remain activated without ever having to be fixed again.

Any other way to just block the Fake pop-up and keep receiving the update notifications ?

Any other way to just block the Fake pop-up and keep receiving the update notifications ?

Update notification is not for Advanced Users - one of the unsung beauty of using a firewall is the extent to which Techies can keep their internet pipeline clean from unwanted applications & programs calling home and clogging the network connection.

Update notification is not for Advanced Users - one of the unsung beauty of using a firewall is the extent to which Techies can keep their internet pipeline clean from unwanted applications & programs calling home and clogging the network connection.

I understand. But I've IDM installed on my home system as well and the users at my home are not advanced enough to check the IDM webpage for updates. Earlier I was using the BRD patch and never received the FAKE pop-up. So That is why I was asking if there would be any way to continue receiving the update notofications? Any other patch ?

I understand. But I've IDM installed on my home system as well and the users at my home are not advanced enough to check the IDM webpage for updates. Earlier I was using the BRD patch and never received the FAKE pop-up. So That is why I was asking if there would be any way to continue receiving the update notofications? Any other patch ?

Nope, no patches on this thread - you can try at the latest IDM topic for fixes other than the firewall method.

Post # 2 updated with the link pointing to new illustrations against the corresponding changes made by the latest TeamViewer.

Hmm...What is the requirement of 'TeamViewer_Service.exe' ? Is it necessary for TV to run?

Post # 2 updated with the link pointing to new illustrations against the corresponding changes made by the latest TeamViewer.

Hmm...What is the requirement of 'TeamViewer_Service.exe' ? Is it necessary for TV to run?

Yes, it is required for connectivity through activation of the unique ID mapped to your machine network adapter (each and every session) - it also kick-starts the TeamViewer 10 service (which though, can be switched from Automatic to Manual.)

Yes, it is required for connectivity through activation of the unique ID mapped to your machine network adapter (each and every session) - it also kick-starts the TeamViewer 10 service (which though, can be switched from Automatic to Manual.)

it is interesting you would say that :think:

mrXnK7a.png

it is interesting you would say that :think:

mrXnK7a.png

What you have done is only disabled the service . . . . . . . . . the second part - not the first (try activating your TeamViewer after deleting or renaming the first part - the TeamViewer_Service.exe.)

If the service is disabled on the client machine - you might have trouble in performing remote startup options mated with continued connection.

What you have done is only disabled the service . . . . . . . . . the second part - not the first (try activating your TeamViewer after deleting or renaming the first part - the TeamViewer_Service.exe.)

If the service is disabled on the client machine - you might have trouble in performing remote startup options mated with continued connection.

you mean renaming the service file in program files TV installation folder ?

you mean renaming the service file in program files TV installation folder ?

Yep, the one you initially referred to - (TeamViewer_Service.exe) at post # 1971.

Yep, the one you initially referred to - (TeamViewer_Service.exe) at post # 1971.

ok if that's the case, i renamed it and TV started nicely....

then moved it out of the TV program folder and TV still started nicely....

So, what's happening to my TV :think: some thing backdoor ???

ok if that's the case, i renamed it and TV started nicely....

then moved it out of the TV program folder and TV still started nicely....

So, what's happening to my TV :think: some thing backdoor ???

Starting is fine . . . . . . . . is your TeamViewer being able to activate and connect - after mucking with TeamViewer_Service.exe?

Correction:--

It is able to connect here, too - seems to only have the function of self-updating and installing itself. :think:

Starting is fine . . . . . . . . is your TeamViewer being able to activate and connect - after mucking with TeamViewer_Service.exe?

yes sir :yes: able to activate and connect....

Yeah, check my edit to my previous post - we seem to have posted at the same time.

and thats why my original ques, what purpose it serves....

bcoz i have done session and never had problem unless it was my ISP, that was the culprit :P

infact, my WFC doesn't even contain a rule pertaining to TV_service.

infact, my WFC doesn't even contain a rule pertaining to TV_service.

Have made a WFC rule, as illustrated in the TeamViewer tutorial simply because it overrides the update preference set on the TeamViewer GUI.

That rule is very helpful since every TeamViewer installation resets the service back to Automatic - besides, others can also change the GUI settings (which will in either of both cases - be bypassed by a firewall rule . . . . . . . . namely WFC.)

What if we delete mshta.exe ?

Will it cause prob?

Regards

Probably... That program is used to render html (like a browser) for many programs besides TV...

Which "anti-exec" do you recommend to prevent it from running in this case ONLY?

Which "anti-exec" do you recommend to prevent it from running in this case ONLY?

Personally, I have Process Lasso already running on my system and hence use its capability of blocking executables. ^_^

Edit:--

Updated the TeamViewer tutorial with this info.

dcs18, now one strange thing happened. this time file IDMGrHlp.exe is dialing home. as i didn't block IDMGrHlp.exe file in KIS....fake serial box appears now. i think they again changes the policy by dialing by IDMGrHlp file

dcs18, now one strange thing happened. this time file IDMGrHlp.exe is dialing home. as i didn't block IDMGrHlp.exe file in KIS....fake serial box appears now. i think they again changes the policy by dialing by IDMGrHlp file

You must be mistaken, buddy - have been auditing IDMGrHlp.exe over the last 15 minutes (it does not even make a TCP / UDP call, anywhere.) 6HUIPBa.gif

Im using WFC and just blocking idman.exe is working fine with latest build 6.22

IDMGrHlp.exe is fine its not asking for any connection

KIS has a prob of leaking IP's don't know when will they fix this issue

Regards

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived