"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Hey big fella, Is there a way to rotate video in MPC-HC? The x64-bit version of MPC-HC is awesome but I can't just be able to find a way to rotate video out there.

Did you try the key combinations (Alt + number) - while the video is playing in MPC-HC.

For example (Alt + 1) or (Alt + 7) - try out different numbers.

Nah, this only changes the window size. No rotation. Don't you use MPC-HC?
That depends on which key combinations have been configured as your MPC-HC shortcuts (default key combinations for screen rotation call for an hardware with a numerical pad) - to find out yours:--

Play a video in MPC-HC >> (press) O >> Keys (check out your key combinations - you can even change the same.)

Again it's a negative. I find no option in the Option>key area related to rotation. If it exists, can you please pin point the option's name in the key list?

PnS Rotate X+

to

PnS Rotate Z-

Holly mother. Very sophisticated naming.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DCS again thanks to ur method my IDM actiavtion is intact in 6.22 build >>Thanks to u for the clean and Safe method!!

Regards

What blocking coreldraw x7 block ip address for deactivation if know dcs18 or some other

I use Photoshop instead of CorelDRAW for my photographic needs.

However, have tried out CorelDRAW (many years ago) and since it does not require to be net connected, you can safely block all the CorelDRAW executables from making a net connection.

@dcs18, In the friend's PC that I have assembled, I installed ESET NOD32 as a AV solution for him and it was working pretty fine. One one day it showed a problem. While updating the definitions, it downloads them pretty well, but while it starts installing those, at the last moment it shows "update failed".

This issue supposed to be gone after clearing the "update cache". But I did that and the problem isn't resolving. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ESET again but the problem still persists.

What else can I do before I reformat whole system?

@dcs18, In the friend's PC that I have assembled, I installed ESET NOD32 as a AV solution for him and it was working pretty fine. One one day it showed a problem. While updating the definitions, it downloads them pretty well, but while it starts installing those, at the last moment it shows "update failed".

This issue supposed to be gone after clearing the "update cache". But I did that and the problem isn't resolving. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ESET again but the problem still persists. What else can I do before I reformat whole system?

Try Uninstall [Clean] ESET with ESETUninstaller 7.0.3.0 [safe mode] Also delete All left Eset keys in windows Registry, RE-Install Eset with trial, check Update process if OK, then switch to your Prefer method

This issue supposed to be gone after clearing the "update cache". But I did that and the problem isn't resolving. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ESET again but the problem still persists.

What else can I do before I reformat whole system?

Which fix was employed on that particular NOD32 installation? :think:

Can you post the screenshot of the result from the following elevated command:--

ping Update.ESET.com

dcs18....i think idm has changed its dialing home ip since version 6.22. as soon as i updated to this latest version, idm dials home successfully. it shows fake registration and exits. i have KIS 15.0.2.361 installed with full ip block method and everything was fine. but now whenever i press 'check for updates' in IDM, it tells latest build already installed.

The problem with Kaspersky Firewall is that whenever you install a new version of a program, it doesn't take into account the FW rules that were already in place while you were using it with the previous build. So, although your FW rule pertaining to IDM will still show in your Kaspersky window but in reality it is for previous version and the rule is not carried forward to newer builds or updates like it does in Windows Firewall or other firewalls.

This means that your Kaspersky Firewall will, by default, allow the new installation of IDM to connect to the net ignoring the rule in place.

What you can do -

• Configure rules for IDM in your Kaspersky firewall again and again after each new install/update. The drawback is updates are frequent and you may find this method a bit too much then.
  • Block the IDM IPs from 'Network' rather than 'Packet Rules' in Kaspersky Firewall. The drawback is you won't be able to browse the IDM site.
  • Configure your Kaspersky Firewall to either block new installations from connecting(so, you will have the chance to manually configure it without getting your IDM de-registered) to net or show popup (not configured by default). This is the best available solution to you at the moment until Kaspersky Firewall fixes the issues of not taking in-place rules into account and carrying them forward.

I don't have Kaspersky installed, so can't provide much detail but have listed the problem and available solution.

I see - alternatively, does an export-import work as intended without having to start all over with the rules?

I mean when a new Kaspersky version is available, the User simply exports (backs-up) his rules, installs the latest version and then imports the backed-up rules into his new installation. yXZVmpE.gif

From what i remember,

Kaspersky remembers all the rules fine while updating from 'Kaspesrky old ver --> Kaspersky New Version'.

what it does not remember, is the rules while updating from 'IDM old ver --> IDM new version' or for that matter any other old ver. of a prog. to its new one within the same version of Kaspersky.

and that as you see is a problem area, since most of the program are updated on a frequent basis and IDM, in particular, on a fortnightly basis.

This was the case till a couple of months back atleast, dunno what is the present state.

he needs to configure his Firewall properly based on point 3 above and i think that is what most pro users will be doing.

The problem with Kaspersky Firewall is that whenever you install a new version of a program, it doesn't take into account the FW rules that were already in place while you were using it with the previous build. So, although your FW rule pertaining to IDM will still show in your Kaspersky window but in reality it is for previous version and the rule is not carried forward to newer builds or updates like it does in Windows Firewall or other firewalls.

This means that your Kaspersky Firewall will, by default, allow the new installation of IDM to connect to the net ignoring the rule in place.

What you can do -

• Configure rules for IDM in your Kaspersky firewall again and again after each new install/update. The drawback is updates are frequent and you may find this method a bit too much then.
  • Block the IDM IPs from 'Network' rather than 'Packet Rules' in Kaspersky Firewall. The drawback is you won't be able to browse the IDM site.
  • Configure your Kaspersky Firewall to either block new installations from connecting(so, you will have the chance to manually configure it without getting your IDM de-registered) to net or show popup (not configured by default). This is the best available solution to you at the moment until Kaspersky Firewall fixes the issues of not taking in-place rules into account and carrying them forward.

I don't have Kaspersky installed, so can't provide much detail but have listed the problem and available solution.

no. i am not agree. you see i installed KIS 15.0.2.361 three weeks ago and within these three weeks i updated IDM many times. then why KIS didn't leaked ips earlier? why only for IDM 6.22?

One more thing. i run Windows7 Ultimate 64bit. when IDM exits from system tray after showing fake registration pop up...there is still a progress running in task manager called IDMintegrator64.exe. i guess it is ruining my IDM activation. may be this .exe file needs to be blocked. please give me suggestion asap.

The IDMintegrator64.exe process starts (along with another process - IDMan.exe) as soon as IDM is fired up on my x64-bit edition of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, as well - regardless of the activation state. ^_^

What you can do -

no. i am not agree. you see i installed KIS 15.0.2.361 three weeks ago and within these three weeks i updated IDM many times. then why KIS didn't leaked ips earlier? why only for IDM 6.22?

Maybe they changed something in MR2, like i said it's been a couple of months since I last tried it out.

But one thing is for sure that IP hasn't changed in a while.

I have been blocking only one IP for atleast a month or two now and my IDM is still registered.

Maybe you could find something in links dcs18 posted earlier.

i will reinstall KIS again. please give me the link to latest KIS removal tool. or suggest me something else to make better the firewall again

Preventing The TeamViewer Advertising Pop-up

This little tip is for those who like to have an extremely tight control over each and every application and program.

The Problem:

Whenever one shuts down TeamViewer - the following advertisement pops-up:--

rmMB1GD.png

The Solution:

Just use your Anti-executable to block mshta.exe (C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe)

What if we delete mshta.exe ?

Will it cause prob?

Regards

I am afraid I asked for illustrating with IDM as an example, how the ESS 8 firewall should be configured.so that I do not get fake registration notification from IDM. My ESS 8 is activated for an year.

I am afraid I asked for illustrating with IDM as an example, how the ESS 8 firewall should be configured.so that I do not get fake registration notification from IDM. My ESS 8 is activated for an year.

Check this. //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/?p=808573

Same procedure is applicable for ESS 8

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived