Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

Can we have a group pm chat? wherein anyone in the channel can invite another to join in the conversation? ;)

This functionality exists from some time. Make a PM, send it, then invite more members from the option for it in the left.

Thanks DKT27! I'm still a noob in this forum. hehehe! :D

But I found that it is only for new conversation to invite other users.

KObHV3P.jpg

Now for existing conversation, I can't find an invite button or add user.

sr4YHKr.jpg

• Administrator

Can we have a group pm chat? wherein anyone in the channel can invite another to join in the conversation? ;)

This functionality exists from some time. Make a PM, send it, then invite more members from the option for it in the left.

Thanks DKT27! I'm still a noob in this forum. hehehe! :D

But I found that it is only for new conversation to invite other users.

KObHV3P.jpg

Now for existing conversation, I can't find an invite button or add user.

sr4YHKr.jpg

You can only invite members into conversations that the other parties have in there inbox.

@Lite does this means I cannot invite a user to join a conversation to an established pm conversation if I didn't include him in the "other recipient" from the start of composing a message?

• Administrator

What it means is if the other party in the conversation you started has deleted that conversation you cannot continue it/ add others.

SO it happened like this right... IDM had an update and I updated it. Now *.nsanedown.com* is in my exclude list so I download from the proxy with no problem usually... Now I have to re-apply the patch to get it to work again. I try to download the patch.. IDM takes over. File fails. I try holding down the INS key and IDM still takes over. Lo and behold, 20 mins to download the file again. Uninstall IDM and use alternative patch. Reinstall and 20 mins is still not over.

I know my statements above are incoherent and poorly organised.. because I deleted all the profanities about the sh!tty proxy system this site has in place. Now my post is significantly shorter.

MY WISH? IF YOU HAVE A HALF ASSED BANDWIDTH LIMITED HOST WHY NOT PUT THE FILE ON AN EXTERNAL MULTI HOST LIKE MIRRORCREATOR AND HAVE A STAFF MEMBER MAINTAIN THE LINKS AND CHECK THEM EVERYDAY. Your bandwidth cost will drop significantly and you no longer need to host the files.

Having said that, I volunteer to keep an offline database of all the crack files and will gladly donate my time to check/update the links a few times a day and fix the broken ones promptly or add new ones and propogate the DNS changes and content updates.

<<Quoted Lite to draw his attention to this issue>>

Edited by Avitar

We don't have a half-assed bandwidth host, we've got sufficient bandwidth. The system we put in place protects our proxy from DoS attacks. Has little to do with bandwidth.

What exactly do you propose? (I don't really get what you're suggesting, but I'm interested so do explain :))

I guess, he is proposing, if you guys can't host files (cr@cks) in nsane servers without proxy, then they should be hosted in mirrorcreator.

Edited by rudrax

(03:02 AM, Sat)

I see very nice portables here lately, especially from the member @FukenGruven. then there is not a possibility to make a section like software updates, but especially for portables per example called Portable Updates? would be great. :)

I like @ Matsuda idea here. A new section for portable software update is what we ask (wish), preferable shown also in the frontpage. :wub: Edited by nIGHT

This would be better because posting in threads of non-portable softwares, make them pass unnoticed. with their own section so to is much easier to find them. besides valuing who makes their own portables, also encouraging more members to post portables. :)

@Matsuda is right.

A growing number of our members have constantly asked for a portable version of the software.

We need to support this group here.

Also, a freeware section is a must so our software update section in the forum, not pertaining to frontpage display, is not cluttered. :D

(04:13 AM, Mon)

no need to have 500 member say thanks for every damn update .... thanks for the update posts should be banned and firing squad set up for repeat offenders...just my thoughts on the matter

I agree with @dMog! Those kinds of comments were not quality post. We need to have a "Thanks" button!

(04:13 AM, Mon)

no need to have 500 member say thanks for every damn update .... thanks for the update posts should be banned and firing squad set up for repeat offenders...just my thoughts on the matter

I agree with @dMog! Those kinds of comments were not quality post. We need to have a "Thanks" button!

The Following 284 Users Say Thank You to Daz For This Useful Post:

MDL has a working "Thanks" section that seems to work ok.

I'm guessing it would take 5 minutes if that to implement something like that. you just gotta know a bit of coding to make the script :P

edit

The only reason people say thanks in a post thread is because the "like" feature has limits.

my 2 cents are change the "like" feature to "thanks" and unlimit it?

then start throwing some messages out reminding people to hit the "thanks button" and only leave possitive/negative feedback of the program.

Edited by Sonar

Just a suggestion

3f7j9dm.png

You have a point tezza.

I think I should start minimizing mine now.

Update:

Done and I'm sorry for having to cause any trouble with my large signature. :)

Edited by nIGHT

@nIGHT,

Thanks ,it is much appreciated by myself and other members with smaller screens, who have mentioned this problem before (also against the rules, but hey this is nsane , who follows rules :P ) . If only other members were as courteous as yourself.

:)

Edited by tezza

• Administrator

@nIGHT,

Thanks ,it is much appreciated by myself and other members with smaller screens, who have mentioned this problem before (also against the rules, but hey this is nsane , who follows rules :P ) . If only other members were as courteous as yourself.

We have guidelines for signatures that we regularly implement:

Signatures must be equal or lower than 250px high and 750px. Signatures are limited to 10000 characters and 200kB total size. Animations and URLs are permitted.

If you find any member with a signature not following the above guideline, please report the member, we will look into it. :)

it's not just about small in resolution, but also small in size. huge content still could be hidden with spoiler and it would make forums load slower.

I think, though I'm not sure, that images load even if they are in the spoiler tag.

I think, though I'm not sure, that images load even if they are in the spoiler tag.

They still do, but how about the signatures? Will they still load if ignored?

They still do, but how about the signatures? Will they still load if ignored?

no, they won't. I got forums load faster since I ignored them

that's right

Edited by rach

Can we have My Content, that is contained in the account's menu, be visible alongside View New Content? :)

I often access the Shoutbox, View New Content, My Content and Notifications. :lol:

I'd prefer not to make skin edits for something so trivial. You can simply click your username and then click My Content in the popup ;)

I have a suggestion here. when we quoted someone post, thumbnailed images could be replace automatically with just links or put them into spoiler. I looked that on some forums and it saved more spaces for each pages. thanks :)

Edited by rach