Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

is there a new rules for giveaway topic (Nsaners-Lucky Draw for Legit Licenses!) ? is it permanently stopped?

We are putting together a formal system. Should be live this weekend.

No confirmation yet..? :nono:

Sorry for the delay. Will be sorted soon.

Still waiting.. :rolleyes:

and still waiting.... :rolleyes:

I love the idea of the "like/thanks" I am wondering if we could also have a button that we could say "dislike" for posts that are truly silly and a waste of space.

• Administrator

I love the idea of the "like/thanks" I am wondering if we could also have a button that we could say "dislike" for posts that are truly silly and a waste of space.

Nice idea in principle, however... This system isn't implemented due to the nature of forums - it is open to abuse and people getting upset for whatever reason.

Guys, don't request to implement anything more. The servers are already overloaded with what they already have. The one who request for any extra feature should need to donate a Intel Xeon E7-8890 v2 CPU and 64GB of server RAM to the forum.

Edited by rudrax

• Administrator

Guys, don't request to implement anything more. The servers are already overloaded with what they already have. The one who request for any extra feature should need to donate a Intel Xeon E7-8890 v2 CPU and 64GB of server RAM to the forum.

The server isn't actually overloaded, however we do have very unpredictable, large spikes.

Time to predict them out then. You can consult with a pro scheduling a maintenance. Or you may need to upgrade the older hardwares of the era 2005 to get fully compatible with current IPB version.

Look at shought - his butts turned red fixing the bugs of the forum. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me but this is what I am getting : a Blank Preview!

Uw8VWAx.png

M707J3x.png

I asked for a feature in which we can have a Embed SoundCloud Widget just like Youtube either by using Media BBcode 0r on RichTT so that we don't have to leave the nsane forums.
The content should be played locally but after putting the link in a code, it is not working as intended & is not the best practice to follow! :thumbsdown:

As of now both of these functions are not working.

[media]https://soundcloud.com/refreshing-muzak/trick-trick-ft-royce-da-59-k-young-no-fly-zone#t=0:01[/media]'>https://soundcloud.com/refreshing-muzak/trick-trick-ft-royce-da-59-k-young-no-fly-zone#t=0:01[/media]
https://soundcloud.com/refreshing-muzak/trick-trick-ft-royce-da-59-k-young-no-fly-zone#t=0:01 

See this post of mine : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/213113-what-are-you-listening-to-2/?p=791885
In this said post, To make a SoundCloud lookalike widget/embed link, first I have to Create a screenshot then link the image with the content url so that it looks like a Widget/embed link.
But it also doesnt plays the contents locally. One must have to leave nSane in order to access the hidden contents!

FWIW, I am looking for widgets like these ones which plays SoundCloud contents locally!

cuUAFOw.png

o8SV4sm.png

P.S.: For G00D sake please do something about my PM issues! :beg:

You don't need to do anything, just like the youtube.

https://soundcloud.com/refreshing-muzak/trick-trick-ft-royce-da-59-k-young-no-fly-zone

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I managed to edit your post to show the content with no issue aswell.

00ps!Ghostery Extension is Blocking the Embed Widget! When disabled It's working! :rockon: :notworthy:

Now please fix my PM issues! :P

Admins, can we please have a seprate sub-forum here on nsane for Android Apps. Look at this thread under Software Chat -> Android Apps. It has grown to 90 pages, and one has to scroll all down to find an app. A seprate Android Apps sub-forum on nsane will help community to look at their choice of apps "at a glance." And, of course, it is going to take the same space on the server as the current thread is currently occupying. So, "no extra storage burden is involved."

Edited by Rok

Admins, can we please have a seprate forum for Android Apps. Look at this thread under Software Chat -> Android Apps. It has grown to 90 pages, and one has to scroll all down to find an app. A seprate Android Apps forum will help community to look at their choice of apps "at a glance." And, of course, it is going to take the same space on the server as the current thread is currently occupying. So, "no extra storage burden is involved."

:rolleyes: Have a look :

Admins, can we please have a seprate forum for Android Apps. Look at this thread under Software Chat -> Android Apps. It has grown to 90 pages, and one has to scroll all down to find an app. A seprate Android Apps forum will help community to look at their choice of apps "at a glance." And, of course, it is going to take the same space on the server as the current thread is currently occupying. So, "no extra storage burden is involved."

:rolleyes: Have a look :

SlimRock, thanks for sharing the links, but I was talking about creating a sub-forum of Android Apps here nsane.

I totally agree with rock that way we could even divide it into apps and games

• Administrator

What would be the primary purpose of this new forum? Software Updates or General Software discussion?

Any update Sh. Lite on the Contest and Giveaway thread :rolleyes:

• Administrator

Any update Sh. Lite on the Contest and Giveaway thread :rolleyes:

We are going to have a sub-forum on this.

What would be the primary purpose of this new forum? Software Updates or General Software discussion?

I'd say two sub-sections at least, 1 for apps, and 1 for games, possibly even a general faq / help section.

Admins, can we please have a seprate sub-forum here on nsane for Android Apps. Look at this thread under Software Chat -> Android Apps. It has grown to 90 pages, and one has to scroll all down to find an app. A seprate Android Apps sub-forum on nsane will help community to look at their choice of apps "at a glance." And, of course, it is going to take the same space on the server as the current thread is currently occupying. So, "no extra storage burden is involved."

Lite if you are talking about Android Apps sub-forum, then of course, it's the Android App downloads section...Like we have Windows Software download sub-forum. Or, it would be better to have a complete Android sub-forum, which is further divided in to like:

1. General Software / Tips / Troubleshooting Discussion
2. Android App (Paid)
3. Android Games (Paid)

If I have to decide, I would rather prefer a complete seprate Android forum as outlined /quoted above.

Edited by Rok

I'd say two sub-sections at least, 1 for apps, and 1 for games, possibly even a general faq / help section.

Lite if you are talking about Android Apps sub-forum, then of course, it's the Android App downloads section...Like we have Windows Software download sub-forum. Or, it would be better to have a complete Android sub-forum, which is further divided in to like:

2. Android App (Paid)

3. Android Games (Paid)

If I have to decide, I would rather prefer a complete seprate Android forum as outlined /quoted above.

Double quoted as my next link, really emphasis why nsane could do with a subsection for android :- //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/213130-readmill-will-shutdown-alternatives/?do=findComment&comment=793332

It's about a popular ebook app for android & ios, but it's shutting down, and the op as posted links for poss alternatives, however the topic is going to be buried in a section that's not really relevant to the subject as it's currently in posted entertainment exchange.

I get it also adds another subsection which needs moderating, however if nsane we're so inclined, you could setup a group of mods that can only moderate in that subsection, this then keeps the forum tidy, allows the subsection to be maintained by a few users who know android, but cannot moderate out that subsection, this gives users who are seeking for android solutions a point of reference.

Anyways just my thoughts.

*Please kindly forgive the grammar

Regards

Dodel.

Edited by Dodel

2. Android App (Paid)

3. Android Games (Paid)

Got the Android Apps forum today. There is a need of some other as well. Please see the above quote.

2. Android App (Paid)

3. Android Games (Paid)

Got the Android Apps forum today. There is a need of some other as well. Please see the above quote.

2. Android App (Paid)

3. Android Games (Paid)

If I have to decide, I would rather prefer a complete separate Android forum as outlined /quoted above.

Looking at your suggestions, it seems you guys are demanding too much from the Android cATEGORY. Remember Nsane is an AIO forum site. And as you are making or suggestion to some comparison to other MAJOR Android forum site; it kindda wired.

This is Okay...

General News -> Mobile News -> Software Updates - Android Apps, Android Themes, Android Games

General Discussions & Support → Software Chat - Android Tips, FAQs and Troubleshooting

2. Android App (Paid)

3. Android Games (Paid)

2. Android App (Paid)

3. Android Games (Paid)

If I have to decide, I would rather prefer a complete separate Android forum as outlined /quoted above.

Looking at your suggestions, it seems you guys are demanding too much from the Android cATEGORY. Remember Nsane is an AIO forum site. And as you are making or suggestion to some comparison to other MAJOR Android forum site; it kindda wired.

This is Okay...

General News -> Mobile News -> Software Updates - Android Apps, Android Themes, Android Games

General Discussions & Support → Software Chat - Android Tips, FAQs and Troubleshooting

@geeteam, this is what I have asked. Nothing more nothing less. Final placement of sections is up to the admins. Where ever they like they can move the things.

By the way, you have added "one more section" "android themes" to my original request of three.

2. Android App (Paid)

3. Android Games (Paid)

2. Android App (Paid)

3. Android Games (Paid)

This is Okay...

@geeteam, this is what I have asked. Nothing more nothing less. Final placement of sections is up to the admins. Where ever they like they can move the things.

By the way, you have added "one more section" "android themes" to my original request of three.

yeah I did, the reason is that you cant have android themes in android apps section, they are two distinct things. We separate it for easier and quicker search...:)