"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

No. You misunderstand me. I am looking for the tutorial to prevent ESET from calling home. Not IDM. It used to be 1st page. What happen to that tutorial?

Oh, the ESET blocking tutorial - that guide has been deleted since it stopped working after a while. h4CvlGL.gif

Ok. So what do you recommend? Frequent replacement of blacklisted keys with TNOD?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. You misunderstand me. I am looking for the tutorial to prevent ESET from calling home. Not IDM. It used to be 1st page. What happen to that tutorial?

Oh, the ESET blocking tutorial - that guide has been deleted since it stopped working after a while. h4CvlGL.gif

Ok. So what do you recommend? Frequent replacement of blacklisted keys with TNOD?

Oh yeah, personally I prefer generating keys through TNoD since that is a registration which comes the closest to a clean and genuine activation. :)

developer make hard detection hidden ip.

This is for now if some have idea how to sniff ip address where connecting idm.

ATM, apart from the 23 IPs listed at the IDM tutorial, there are no new IPs to be blocked. ;)

For now again uninstall all and not install IDM I clean all traces from IDM from this pc and install on other pc for debug all traces... Thanks for now

FYI, IP currently being used is 184.173.149.184 which is included in the list, no other hidden IP.

Also see Post #2302

system : Windows XP Pro SP3 +

firewall : Private Firewall

I registered freshly installed (after system reinstall) trial copy of IDM.

Next day (reboot ?) I got fake serial nag screen and IDM refused downloading anything.

Run Trash Key Finder, but Visual Protect 3.5+ key didn't show off.

Is there anything I can do in this situation ?

All advices would be highly appreciated.

Turn off your private firewall completely and try it with the default inbuilt - Windows Firewall, instructions posted at OP.

Report back ;)

BTW, I remember me telling you that cookieSafe ain't nightly compatible and later after few FF updates, you also confirmed that it ain't working any longer.

So, did you manage to find an alternative? :rolleyes:

Have now settled on Self-Destructing Cookies. ^_^

Is still on the default protection, using the inbuilt cookie-exception manager :p

As of now, the ESET blocking gives you the pleasure of enjoying protection 2 weeks after your key has expired and removes the virtual nuisances of using trial from the ESET window.

But other than that if you are looking for a long-term or for customer-deployment, TNoD is best.

bro DCS ....i'm having a strange problem ..my Firefox is configured to delete HIstory on EXIT!!!

but eventhough i erase history manually it doesn't get deleted ..

do u know why this happens?

thanks and regards

revert the preferences window to old style and see if it fixes your problem or not

browser.preferences.inContent

Set the above entry to false in about:config and then check/set the privacy options again.

Browser restart may be required.

Next day (reboot ?) I got fake serial nag screen and IDM refused downloading anything.

Turn off your private firewall completely and try it with the default inbuilt - Windows Firewall, instructions posted at OP.

Report back ;)

One of the many drawbacks of Microsoft XP is that the inbuilt native Windows Firewall is incapable of blocking outbound traffic. B)

BTW, I remember me telling you that cookieSafe ain't nightly compatible and later after few FF updates, you also confirmed that it ain't working any longer.

So, did you manage to find an alternative? :rolleyes:

Have now settled on Self-Destructing Cookies. ^_^

Is still on the default protection, using the inbuilt cookie-exception manager :P

BTW, Self-Destructing Cookies is not as sophisticated as CookieSafe was - however as per my (long-term) tests, it has emerged as the best cookie manager available for the latest breed of Firefox (given the fact that CookieSafe is no longer compatible.)

Report back ;)

One of the many drawbacks of Microsoft XP is that the inbuilt native Windows Firewall is incapable of blocking outbound traffic. B)

Oh, my bad :P

The reason i suggested for an alternative firewall was because in her last screenshot in Private Firewall Tutorial , it shows connection timed out.

GVbEDqH.png

Whereas in all the other firewalls I have tried out(ESS, Windows Firewall, WFC, KIS), the msg is same as shown below :-

ngJKFMi.png

Again, I maybe wrong and it's specific to Private Firewall and/or Windows XP but it's worth a try :dunno:

Detect two ip address and block first block this

but block all ip range from this

75.125.143.1 - 75.125.143.255

Detect two ip address and block first block this

but block all ip range from this

75.125.143.1 - 75.125.143.255

As already stated, none of those IPs are required - my copy continues to remain activated without blocking any of those IPs.

All that is required to be blocked are those 23 IPs mentioned at the OP.

GVbEDqH.png

Whereas in all the other firewalls I have tried out(ESS, Windows Firewall, WFC, KIS), the msg is same as shown below :-

ngJKFMi.png

Again, I maybe wrong and it's specific to Private Firewall and/or Windows XP but it's worth a try :dunno:

The culprit is Windows XP, caused by the same issue - an incapability to block outgoing packets, resulting in a incorrect error.

Doh....

I got the dreaded "fake serial" message on IDM, but all the IPs suggested in the OP (all 23) are blocked and IDM continues to work and show proper activation.

I checked and I do not have the key suggested to look for in fact I have no entries in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID

I have tried using the registry cleaner posted in the OP and re-registering, but the same thing happens. It is just an annoyance as IDM continues to work, just the goofy pop up comes in occasionally.

I am running w8.1 and have tried to follow all the previous instructions. I have never run the Registry Trash Key Finder thing because I thought that the key was given in post 2290.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

By the way DCS, sure hope everything with your mom worked out, I hated to read that you had to make a hospital run.

Here if you Win 8.1 is x64 - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID search into key where is data from pictures from post...

Thank you very much petok, yes I should have said Win 8.1 X64. I searched in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID and did not see a key like is shown at post 2290.

Should I be searching for the same key? i.e. starting with dce265...

Here if you Win 8.1 is x64 - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID search into key where is data from pictures from post...

Thank you very much petok, yes I should have said Win 8.1 X64. I searched in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID and did not see a key like is shown at post 2290.

My post was just an illustration of how it appears in my system and doesn't neccessarily means the Visual Protect Key3.5+ would be in the same location for all the computers worldwide. Thats' why you guys need to use the Registry Trash Keys Finder yourself and find this key. Free version is enough to unearth this key.

Thank you Now for your guidance and clarification, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your expertise.

Thank you very much Now and petok, for the great sharing of your knowledge and your patience.

For any other users on W8X64 you may want to check:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{b7b973cf-eed7-7cf3-1396-2db63854de79}

A special shout out to Now is deserved the free version (link provided by now above) has a 0/56 count on virus total and works great to find bad keys.

For any other users on W8X64 you may want to check:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{b7b973cf-eed7-7cf3-1396-2db63854de79}

So, is OK now ?

Everything under control ?

Don't forget if you didn't create the firewall rules before deleting the Visual Protect Key, IDM may re-create it.

Thanks Now for checking back, So far so good. I will report back later, but for now all is working great thanks to the very kind help of the good folks on this site.

I also should have stated I reran the trash finder program to make sure and the key is gone.

By the way DCS, sure hope everything with your mom worked out, I hated to read that you had to make a hospital run.

Thank you bro. - her broken bones seem to have healed well. RlW5CMh.gif

No is same key is difference but if you find data after @="cDTvBF...." then this key is Visual Protect

My post was just an illustration of how it appears in my system and doesn't neccessarily means the Visual Protect Key3.5+ would be in the same location for all the computers worldwide. Thats' why you guys need to use the Registry Trash Keys Finder yourself and find this key. Free version is enough to unearth this key.

Yes is difference on most systems Visual Protect is random generate keys but data is same

No is same key is difference but if you find data after @="cDTvBF...." then this key is Visual Protect

Yes is difference on most systems Visual Protect is random generate keys but data is same

@petok

What's your status now ?

Is IDM holding gud for you ?

or it still requires some work ?

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived