"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

First I was afraid to install it, but installed it with the help of dcs18. Then I have second thoughts and finally following your experience I am happy that I decide to uninstalled it.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
software182

Be careful when you install TrashReg Repack last time i installed this it hijack my IE browser even tho i don't use IE just make sure you un-tick the first one before installing ,as for the second screen which one do i tick and untick

jgIJoGF.jpg

Yeah don't use any repack from kpojluk or d!akov repack, better to use fuken's portable

http://portablewares.blogspot.com/2015/01/registry-trash-keys-finder-portable.html

Hi dcs18 and all active dudes in this great topic.

I want to restrict access to internet except 1 site, and prefer to do with Windows Firewall Control program if possible. Would you please help me?

Hi dcs18 and all active dudes in this great topic.

I want to restrict access to internet except 1 site, and prefer to do with Windows Firewall Control program if possible. Would you please help me?

Sure J4NY4R - let's TeamView. ;)

"Default Locations Where Configurations & Settings Are Stored"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

Whenever one formats to a fresh copy of Windows it is not the installation, but the nerve-wracking configuration of all the programs and applications that consumes  one's precious time and efforts. 0pk6YBv.gif

However, if one already has a backup of of one's configurations & settings formatting becomes such a pleasurable experience. Personally, I prefer to use Syncovery Pro the ultimate file synchronizer with a wide range of advanced capabilities, never seen on any of its competitors. :showoff:

The intent of this post is to host an exhaustive location list of configurations & settings of leading programs & applications under one roof (in alphabetical order) for easy access during crunch moments. This is a work in progress hence, everybody is invited to submit the tested default locations for configurations & settings of their favorite applications & programs.

µTorrent:—

Spoiler

The king of all p2p file sharing clients, µTorrent stores its configuration, at the following directory:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

CCleaner:—

Spoiler

The king of all crap cleaners, CCleaner stores its rules configuration, at the following 2 files:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\WINAPP2.INI

Please note, WINAPP2.INI is not a file which is available, by default it needs to be manually copied to the above location.

For the configuration location of the main program, CCleaner — please check out post # 2446 thanks to unknownasphyxiated. F3h9xqz.gif

Those who are using the CCleaner tutorial, might be better off backing-up the entire CCleaner directory, also mentioned below:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner

cFosSpeed:—

Spoiler

A popular internet traffic shaping program, cFosSpeed stores its configuration, at the following directory:

C:\ProgramData\cFos

EagleGet:—

Spoiler

The best free download manager, EagleGet stores its configuration at the following directory:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\EagleGet

ESET NOD32:—

Spoiler

The popular AntiVirus program, ESET NOD32 can be backed-up as per the following illustrations:

QHisFM8.png

FastStone Screen Capture Thanks to Fallon:— F3h9xqz.gif

Spoiler

FileZilla:—

Spoiler

The popular FTP Client, FileZilla stores its configuration at the following directory:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\FileZilla

Firetrust MailWasher:—

Spoiler

The best (but uncommon) anti-SPAM program, MailWasher stores its configuration at the following directory:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust

Group Policy (Current User & All Users):—

Spoiler

The Microsoft Group Policy configurations are stored at the following registry directory:

C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy

Internet Download Manager (IDM):—

Spoiler

The king of all download managers, IDM stores its configuration at the following registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DownloadManager]

Mozilla Firefox:—

Spoiler

The browser with the widest add-on support , Firefox stores its configuration at the following directory:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla

Notepad++:—

Spoiler

The most popular Notepad replacement, Notepad++ stores its configuration, at the following directory:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++

novaPDF Professional Desktop:—

Spoiler

The most feature-rich virtual PDF printer, novaPDF Professional Desktop stores its configuration, at the following directory:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Softland

Process Lasso:—

Spoiler

The popular process optimizer which doubles up as a Anti-executable, Process Lasso stores its configuration, by default at the following file:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\ProcessLasso\config\prolasso.ini

However, if the User uses a custom path the program suggests the following path, by default:

C:\ProgramData\ProcessLasso\prolasso.ini

Personally, I would include both the above paths.

Spoiler

The most popular internet telephony, Skype stores its configuration, at the following directory:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Skype

Stardock WindowBlinds:—

Spoiler

The most gorgeous skinning program for Windows, Stardock WindowBlinds stores its configuration, at the following directory:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Stardock\WindowBlinds

Syncovery Pro:—

Spoiler

The most powerful and richly-featured file synchronizer, Syncovery Pro stores its configuration, at the following 3 files:

C:\ProgramData\Syncovery\Syncovery.ini

C:\ProgramData\Syncovery\Syncovery.ini.bak

C:\ProgramData\Syncovery\Syncovery.ini.bak2

Alternatively, you could use just the following folder, instead it contains only the 3 above-mentioned files:

C:\ProgramData\Syncovery

TeamViewer:—

Spoiler

The leading remote desktop program, TeamViewer stores its configuration at the following registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer]

Techsmith Snagit:—

Spoiler

The leading screenshot capture program, Techsmith Snagit stores its configuration at the following registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\SnagIt]

TeraCopy:—

Spoiler

The most popular copying program, TeraCopy stores its configuration, at the following directory:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\TeraCopy

Winamp:—

Spoiler

The most richly featured media player, Winamp stores its configuration at the following directory:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Winamp

Windows Firewall Control (WFC):—

Spoiler

The most popular firewall, Windows Firewall Control (WFC) can be backed-up, as per the following illustrations:

nca2OvR.png

rqQO9tV.png

WinRAR:—

Spoiler

The most popular archiver, WinRAR stores its configuration at the following directory:

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\WinRAR

Alternatively, check out post # 2448 thanks to Fallon. F3h9xqz.gif

Winstep NeXus:—

Spoiler

One of the leading Docking Systems, Winstep NeXus stores its configuration, at the following file:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Winstep\Backup\wsbackup.wbk

However, it is advisable to backup other valuable User Files by using the following directory:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Winstep

Yahoo! Messenger:—

Spoiler

The most popular instant messenger, Yahoo! Messenger stores its configuration, at the following registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yahoo]

unknownasphyxiated
CCleaner:

The

king of all crap cleaners, CCleaner - stores its configuration, at the following file:--

it should be ccleaner.ini or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piriform\CCleaner

p/s - i don't think winapp2.ini can be considered as config file, more like addon/plugin file :)

CCleaner:

The

king of all crap cleaners, CCleaner - stores its configuration, at the following file:--

it should be ccleaner.ini or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piriform\CCleaner

p/s - i don't think winapp2.ini can be considered as config file, more like addon/plugin file :)

Well, WINAPP2.INI is most certainly a config. file which stores the default and more importantly custom rules for a huge database of programs & applications which CCleaner cleans-up whereas ccleaner.ini contains configurations limited to just one single program . . . . . . CCleaner. ;)

The HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piriform\CCleaner suggested by you, is not valid - have included your other suggestion ccleaner.ini, though.

Techsmith Snagit:

The leading

screenshot capture program, Techsmith Snagit stores its configuration at the following registry key:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\SnagIt]

WinRAR:

The

most popular archiver, WinRAR stores its configuration at the following directory:C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\WinRAR

Two suggestions.

-1-

Go => WinRAR Options => Import/Export => Create WinRAR.INI FILE.
Info from the Help file => Configuration settings => WinRAR.ini file:
Use "Create WinRAR.ini file" command in "Import/Export" submenu to create a new WinRAR.ini file and copy existing WinRAR settings from Registry to this file. You need to copy a file created with this command either to WinRAR own folder or to %APPDATA%\WinRAR to make it active.
Typically current settings are written to WinRAR.ini only on exit, until that they are stored in memory.

It is possible to redirect WinRAR Registry access to text file. If you create an empty WinRAR.ini file either in the same folder as WinRAR.exe or in %APPDATA%\WinRAR folder, WinRAR will redirect access to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinRAR and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WinRAR Registry keys to this file. WinRAR searchs for this file first in its own folder and next in %APPDATA%\WinRAR.

-2-

Next to -or instead of- heavy Techsmith Snagit.

Faststone Capture:

The mosty usable

screenshot capture program. Faststone Capture stores its configuration in the following file:
the file 'fsc.db', wherever FSCapture is installed or unpacked.

Have now deleted the contributions made by others from all of my tutorials and replaced the same with just links pointing to the actual posts made by the Contributors - hope this would encourage Readers to like / thank the original Contributor/s. zDLbIxl.gif

@ Fallon

Good work - have included your suggestions. F3h9xqz.gif

A happy Mother's day to one and all - a special day and a special download for the occasion:--

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ovaam4u26fcu146/Mother.rar

And that got me to another link about extensions. :)

What is a ppsx file and how do I open a ppsx file?

I only had these two on my radar until now:

file-extensions.org - PPSX search

filext.com - PPSX

A happy Mother's day to one and all - a special day and a special download for the occasion:--

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ovaam4u26fcu146/Mother.rar

And that got me to another link about extensions. :)

What is a ppsx file and how do I open a ppsx file?

I only had these two on my radar until now:

file-extensions.org - PPSX search

filext.com - PPSX

To open/run the latest file format such as docx, xlsx, ppsx, you need at least Microsoft Office 2007 or a later version - if you have an older version of Microsoft Office installed, you can still open/run those file format by updating your copy with the Microsoft Office compatibility Pack. 6HUIPBa.gif

MS mobile office won't support .ppsx though. Luckily Asus had something called "Think free office" injected in the OEM ROM.

MS mobile office won't support .ppsx though. Luckily Asus had something called "Think free office" injected in the OEM ROM.

yeah anybody can download this bro

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tf.thinkdroid.amarket&hl=en

regards

Yea, I know that bro :)

Asus have planted this thing in their OEM ROM in such a way that you can not access it as an app. When on the execution of a related extension, it automatically shows up in the list of apps that can open the extension. I can not remove this either.

Looking for a good folder lock app for android :fap:

@admin, we need a fap smiley :angry:

Folder Lock, for Android. F3h9xqz.gif

This ain't good. It can't lock folders, it just locks files. And it crashes in my phone, don't know why :dunno:

Folder Lock, for Android. F3h9xqz.gif
This ain't good. It can't lock folders, it just locks files. And it crashes in my phone, don't know why :dunno:

Have never found the need to use any of these apps. - here is another one (File & Folder Secure.)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived