"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Me too, if possible.

would like to have the mozilla profile :rolleyes:

He's a busy guy!!

I'm sure when he sees this message,he will reply

Regards

Hey guys, can you update me with your Desktop resolution - shall customize my Mozilla profile for you, accordingly. :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too, if possible.

He's a busy guy!!

Regards

Hey guys, can you update me with your Desktop resolution - shall customize my Mozilla profile for you, accordingly. :)

mine is 1366x768

thank you

Me too, if possible.

He's a busy guy!!

Regards

same here too 1366x768

Me too, if possible.

He's a busy guy!!

Regards

You've got PM - look forward to feedback, from both of you. ^_^

@dcs18 any chance to publish a guide for µTorrent? :)

Yes, of course - it is already under testing (and we are having a terrible time at containment.) :P

Me too, if possible.

He's a busy guy!!

Regards

You've got PM - look forward to feedback, from both of you. ^_^

oh thank you very much sir

was having problem accessing the forum throughout the day

will check now and reply later :)

@dcs18, do something about the Ccleaner's title bar. Damn, I hate it. Fcuk you piriform for that.

just a quick lead based on first experience:

- the original profile was of 34mb, how did you manage to bring it down to a mere 25% ?

- i am unable to login at various forums, not even nsane.forums

- how will nightly update ? manually or automatically and how do i know ?

- with your configurations - do you suggest to enable or disable e10s ?

- how to open a new tab when at the following stage ?

image.png

- i would like to get rid of the title bar if possible, so that the tabs appear at the top of the window

image.png

- how to fix this problem ?

image.png

- somewhere before you suggest to disable these options, what do you suggest now ?

image.png

image.png

Thanks i will keep on exploring.

p.s. my knowledge tells me it's from FF34,correct ?

ok...tried winrar archive with best function and received the desired 25% result :D

the menu bar sometime appears and sometime doesn't.

disabled all addons and started nightly in safe mode - still not able to login at nsane.forums or for that matter any other site requiring login

some site are in distorted form like foxsportsasia.com

imgur site opens up but uploading is always giving error, tried both the basic uploader + drag&drop.

also i think on your system you may fancy large tabs with full titles but on lower screen resolution like mine, my screen gets fitted with only 2 tabs open,therefore, prefer a standard,smaller tab size.

youtube videos are playing sometime and sometime they don't.

do deleting extra rules from your ABP filters lead to less resource usage or faster loading ? because many of the site you have created filters for are not visited by me.

have not been able to use your configuration fully because of the above, will reply on more after these issues are fixed.

p.s. are you running on a future system date ?

p.s. my knowledge tells me it's from FF34,correct ?

Yep, that profile was from the V34 Beta 11.

Personally, I have always opted for manual updates (not limited to Firefox and its Nightlies.)

- with your configurations - do you suggest to enable or disable e10s ?

Have never had to disable the ie100net - it has always remained non-functionionalon mys ystems (probably due to some other safety measure from my multi-layered security approach.)

- how to open a new tab when at the following stage ?

image.png

You can always use the key combination (Ctrl + N) - in my case, I have a + at the end of my tabs (check out the following figure):--

qvcCqz6.png

- i would like to get rid of the title bar if possible, so that the tabs appear at the top of the window

image.png

Add-ons >> CTR >> Application Button >> (check/enable) Firefox titlebar >> OK.

- how to fix this problem ?

image.png

Post # 1821.

- somewhere before you suggest to disable these options, what do you suggest now ?

image.png

I continue to stick to the same game plan.

thank you sir for your response but i would like to clarify some things here :

- do you think because of FF#$ profile there might be some conflicts ? some features not working in nightly ?

- if you see my second reply you will see i can not update manually because the menu bar is not visible,that's why i asked how will it update ?

- when i was talking of e10s, i was talking about the electrolysis process and not ie100net.

- ctrl+n works great, although if you see that particular screenshot + sign is not there

- nightly 37 is released, so change in extension as well i guess.

- title bar is gone after trying that option, edit : maybe its buggy in nightly sometime it shows title bar on startup and then vanishes after trying that option

thanks

- do you think because of FF#$ profile there might be some conflicts ? some features not working in nightly ?

- ctrl+n works great, although if you see that particular screenshot + sign is not there

- title bar is gone after trying that option, edit : maybe its buggy in nightly sometime it shows title bar on startup and then vanishes after trying that option

For the most part, the Nightlies are the culprits.

- if you see my second reply you will see i can not update manually because the menu bar is not visible,that's why i asked how will it update ?

While I don't really mind my horizontal real-estate being infringed upon, the vertical real-estate is too scarce and precious (even for my own 1080 pixels.)

- nightly 37 is released, so change in extension as well i guess.

The latest IDM CC 7.3.90 add-on made compatible for Users of Mozilla Firefox Nightly V37 :–

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ozfp8bp6uz3vu10 F3h9xqz.gif

It is a case of cookies - you need to allow cookie-permission for nSane.

Navigate to your Firefox (Nightly) Options >> Privacy >> Exceptions (post a screenshot of all entries - if possible.)

Navigate to your Firefox (Nightly) Options >> Privacy >> Exceptions (post a screenshot of all entries - if possible.)

that does the trick, now signing in from your profile, phew.

so i will have to add all the sites like this ?

not sure screenshot of what you are demanding ?

that does the trick, now signing in from your profile, phew.

so i will have to add all the sites like this ?

not sure screenshot of what you are demanding ?

My cookie deployment comprises of a block-every-site-by-default policy - hence you will have to grant manual permissions to sites on a case-to-case basis. The permissions which I grant are temporal and you guys might have noticed the wonderful windows which pop-up after you close the browsers, displaying all the dirty laundry that is being washed.

The sites allowed are remembered and do not need to be configured - any time, again.

FWIW, you will find from my profile that I employ CookieSafe which affords me the greatest deal of granularity - good for Advanced Users.

C4iuEaT.png

this entry was also added now, it was blank before

e4yKWh0.png

Change the cookie-permission from Allow to Allow for sessions. UFbmK6T.gif

some site are in distorted form like foxsportsasia.com

Screenshots would help

imgur site opens up but uploading is always giving error, tried both the basic uploader + drag&drop.

Imgur works well, with my profile - 99% of my images have always been uploaded to that particular site.

also i think on your system you may fancy large tabs with full titles but on lower screen resolution like mine, my screen gets fitted with only 2 tabs open,therefore, prefer a standard,smaller tab size.

Add-ons >> TMP >> Display >> Tabs >> (uncheck / disable) Tab width fits to tab title.

youtube videos are playing sometime and sometime they don't.

That happens due to the add-on - Magic Actions for YouTube (YouTube gives them a tough time.)

Just reload (F5) the page.

do deleting extra rules from your ABP filters lead to less resource usage or faster loading ? because many of the site you h

Oh yes, of course - customization is the essence of life (my configurations are just a reference point.)

now the sites are fixed...all are opening nicely, no distortion for now.

will post screenshot if it arises again

also take a look at this, text goes missing and it's not only at addons page occurs on page which have scrolling :

q5PK5CY.png

now the sites are fixed...all are opening nicely, no distortion for now.

will post screenshot if it arises again

also take a look at this, text goes missing and it's not only at addons page occurs on page which have scrolling :

q5PK5CY.png

Have never seen that one - looks like a Nightly side-effect, to me.

While most of the configurations are drawn from the Mozilla profile, a few settings do rest within the installation directory, as well - the best way to identify an issue is to use a non-Nightly release (they co-exist quite peacefully.)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived