"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

ok i will give a try with new acronis linux bootable iso i downloaded from the software updating page, i try to take some pics to post so that i can explain perfectly what is happening and what are the setting i selected.

ps: thanks for the adblockplus tutorial, after long time i am using it with confident. :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey rudax thanks for giving me a tip, but actually i thought my pc is busted that's why, anyway whenever i try to create a acronis universal restore iso, it's crated successfully and even i can burn it seccessfully using rufus into bootable usb, but still i am getting error stating some thing, i still have to take a picture of the eror so that i can explain well.do you ever seen any thing regarding these kind of error.

Unfortunately, I do not have a Windows PC to work on right now. Follow dcs18's instruction carefully. You will get the best value for your time expensed. Good luck :thumbsup:

@dcs18, are you planning to upgrade to

DDR4+Skylake+z170 :naughty: ?

@dcs18, are you planning to upgrade to

DDR4+Skylake+z170 :naughty: ?

No yaar, got some other priorities.

ok dcs18, here coms my picturesfor you i backed up using acronis bootable linux usb media, which i already download from here (nsane). i try to take a back up of my 2 partitions with full back up scheme and normal compression, rest pictures will explain better i think. here goes nothing

IMG_20150818_202645.jpg

IMG_20150818_202725.jpg

if i selected sector by sector see the back up space size ooooohhhhhhhhhh..................

IMG_20150818_202812.jpg

i selected full backup scheme sorry i forgot to select incremental

IMG_20150818_203017.jpg

compression level normal

IMG_20150818_203047.jpg

IMG_20150818_203104.jpg

IMG_20150818_203123.jpg

IMG_20150818_203236.jpg

it says 16 minutes, but it taken 1.30 hours to complete and created 100 gb tib file

IMG_20150818_203335.jpg

so better i will go to ssr r2 image backup for the same setting i.e. sector by sector image back up ssr r2 takes fitten minutes and restore takes 20 minutes practically, so better i will give a try to ssr r2, thanks for your and your friends who helped and supported me.

IMG_20150818_202725.jpg

Here, the problem is — you have included your D:\ partition, too (I wanted you to test with only the C:\ volume.)

IMG_20150818_202812.jpg

This screen belongs to neither the ATI 2016 nor ATI 2015 — which version of Acronis did you use?

IMG_20150818_203335.jpg

There is this possibility that your G:\ drive might be weak — suggest backing-up your C:\ volume to D:\ partition (for testing purpose only - instead of, to the G:\ volume.)

hi dcs18

for your 1 question please see my i picture title says acronis 2016 (sorry for the bolded number) actualy i downloaded the iso from this place.. (http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/250337-acronis-true-image-2016-190-build-5518/?do=findComment&comment=968829) which posted by the user name http://www.nsaneforums.com/user/23805-oliverjia/. for your 2 question my c drive i had installed windows 8.1 nothing else is installed and my d drive have rest of the programs i am using day to day use like ms office 2013 and firefox everything is there.

drivers.jpg

i think i better explain through the picture posted above. i did not installed my program in c drive as default like in program folder or program folder x86. i installed those in d drive to keep it separate from os partition. :ph34r: reamining partition or using for data storeage. :D my first hdd disk rpm is 5200 and my second hdd disk rpm is 7500, and both are seagate company normal desktop hdd. as well i purchased my my pc 2 years before if i recall the purchase date correctly. :think: as well as i did reinstall the os on this first drive almost 30 to 35 times if i remember correctly :think: (sorry reinstall is due to so many reasons :P ), so my primary hdd still running as young as possible i believe :dribble: so as for now i am settling with active@ boot studio :thumbsup: because of fast back up and fast restore, anyway i am having one eye for this ssr r2 2013 sp3 :wub: ( still they are not support windows 10 yet, waiting for it,becoz in future i may upgrade to windows 10 so on that time it may come handy) and let me see in future. :evil: :angelnot:

ps: thanks in between i changed my mind and started using acronis again i will use your tutorial again thanks for it. bye time to sleep :sleep: bye bye

ps: thanks in between i changed my mind and started using acronis again i will use your tutorial again thanks for it. bye time to sleep :sleep: bye bye

Look forward to create the Acronis tutorial, one of these days. :)

Well that's my result.. WITHOUT Element Hiding Rules

5dkHhiZ.jpg

I think later i will untick those rules:

http://www.nsanedown.com/acquia_marina/images/logo.clean.png
http://www.nsanedown.com/images/ImageSprite-v2.3.png

because i like nsane logo and link pointers.

Anyhow page loads faster and that damn gradient is off... :D

AND.....

after adding Element hiding rules..

yyCB3JM.jpg

Beautiful...

Much easier to my eyes....

@dcs18

Maybe add to Tip #9 that to run:

ipconfig /flushdns

on command prompt whenever you edit the hosts files to clear the old DNS entry records?

Info: DNS cache stores the mapping from domain names to IPs (DNS entry records) and flushing the DNS cache ensures that the domain names entered in the hosts files are mapped to the localhost essentially blocking it.

@dcs18

Maybe add to Tip #9 that to run:

ipconfig /flushdns
on command prompt whenever you edit the hosts files to clear the old DNS entry records?

Info: DNS cache stores the mapping from domain names to IPs (DNS entry records) and flushing the DNS cache ensures that the domain names entered in the hosts files are mapped to the localhost essentially blocking it.

Nope, it is not possibly buddy — how I wish the hosts had the capability to block IPs. :(

Awesome! That is the spirit I was hoping for, in responses where folks start selecting the rules as per their own preference — looking forward to an interaction where folks would come forward to volunteer new rules. F3h9xqz.gif ^_^

New rules (Adblock Plus and Element Hiding Helper) added to The Adblock Plus tutorial, to accommodate the FrontPage (nsanedown.)

Screenie for the end result plz :rolleyes: :D

Before:—

Click the following image for the bigger picture:

drYUrak.png

After:—

Click the following image for the bigger picture:

qCCxd2J.png

Nope, it is not possibly buddy — how I wish the hosts had the capability to block IPs. :(

No wait, the command "ipconfig /flushdns" ensures that the domain entered into hosts file are in effect.

For example if I entered

0.0.0.0 bing.com

Sometimes the domain is not blocked. So I would run "ipconfig /flushdns" in command prompt and if you try to visit the domain again, it will be blocked ;)

Reference here

No wait, the command "ipconfig /flushdns" ensures that the domain entered into hosts file are in effect.

For example if I entered

0.0.0.0 bing.com

Sometimes the domain is not blocked. So I would run "ipconfig /flushdns" in command prompt and if you try to visit the domain again, it will be blocked ;)

Reference here

My dear chap, we do not have any use for domains to block IDM — Tonec have hard-coded their IPs, a policy which has been increasingly followed by other programs, too . . . . . . . . which is the reason why the hosts method is a huge failure (regardless of the "ipconfig / flushdns")

I told the OP but was accused me of criticizing him — eventually, he was proved wrong:—

My dear chap, we do not have any use for domains to block IDM — Tonec have hard-coded their IPs, a policy which has been increasingly followed by other programs, too . . . . . . . . which is the reason why the hosts method is a huge failure (regardless of the "ipconfig / flushdns")

I told the OP but was accused me of criticizing him — eventually, he was proved wrong:—

Whoops I misunderstood you post and I'm in total agreement, but what I meant was for domain name thought NOT IP. I'm saying if you if you want to ensure domain name is blocked after editing the hosts file run "ipconfig /flushdns" Hope that makes sense ;)

After some research i brought TD W8960N http://www.amazon.in/TD-W8960N-Wireless-Splitter-detachable-antennas/dp/B003CFATMY

It has a Broadcom chipset which is recommended if connection is more than 2.5km away from exchange

Its working good but i have one issue

If i select ADLS 2 mode it automatically selects g.dmt mode. is there any way i can force the modem to use ADSL 2 Mode (not ADSL 2+)

Just a heads up — those who are having to use "ipconfig / flushdns" have most likely a misconfigured browser which is not set to purge tell-tale tracks, on browser shutdown.

Good Configuration for Firefox:—

EXGFuYR.png

Ultimate Configuration for Firefox:—

2CFxGwv.png

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived