"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was also talking about backing up my current copy.

I will do with Acronis though and if anything goes wrong that'll be all on you :angry:

FWIW, i used WinSetupFrom USB and created a bootable cd containing of acronis as well as w8.1 on 1 usb only and i use it specifically for that purpose.

but whatever suits u best. ;)

Yup, I tried xBoot. ;)

I was also talking about backing up my current copy.

I will do with Acronis though and if anything goes wrong that'll be all on you :angry:

u gonna use the install version or bootable iso version?

do remember the installed version create exclusions by default while creating the backup, so don't forget to change that setting

there is no such problem in the bootable iso to do so.

FWIW, i used WinSetupFrom USB and created a bootable cd containing of acronis as well as w8.1 on 1 usb only and i use it specifically for that purpose.

but whatever suits u best. ;)

I'm gonna backup my current windows 8.1 installed on c:\ with Acronis and create Windows 10 bootable pen drive with rufus.

@dcs18:

what does this rule do?

nsaneforums.com###change_photo

maybe theory if no screenshot is possible? :rolleyes:

That is no theory:—

kHduROd.png

Added 6 block rules and replaced 5 hide rules.

@dcs18, Hey you told me to delete all the partitions while installing Win 10. Why? I mean, what if I format c:/ and leave other partitions as the way they are?

I thought it was an opportune time for you to start over from scratch. B)

Not quite true. As I want to get rid of my laptop ASAP, I won't even bother installing Windows 10 in it. It's just my curiosity regarding something new to instal windows 10.

Bury that decaying PoS before it causes an epidemic — hey, don't you dare sell that abortion to any unsuspecting Innocent. :stfu:

Bury that decaying PoS before it causes an epidemic hey, don't you dare sell that abortion to any unsuspecting Innocent. :stfu:

Ok you pay me 20k and I will burry it in the graveyard with all the formalities offered. Save an innocent from a devil like me :rofl:

Obviously, i have only ONE firewall on my system ;) Now i have KTS. But failing stealth test, even blocking ICMP Echo. Any suggestion?

dtXCT8N.png

I had the very same issue with SEP installed. After messing with my firewall for couple of hours, it turned out to be hardware related. The solution was to block ICMP Echo (Ping) in my router configurations. :idea:

True stealth achieved.

"Adblock Plus (ADP) Rules For Softexia"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

Nice one. Altought for those who want the search bar available, like i do, you can allow the following lines in your adblocker:

http://www.softexia.com/wp-content/themes/softexia_team21.me/images/sprite1.pnghttp://www.softexia.com/wp-content/themes/softexia_team21.me/images/navigation_background.png

And change:

softexia.com##.wrappingCenter 

to this:

softexia.com##DIV.wrappingCenter:first-child > HEADER.site-wide

This will make the search bar visible.

----

Also, if you don't like to have the bar with all these menus:

i1qfEtp.png

you can block these lines:

softexia.com###menu-item-44457 > Asoftexia.com###menu-item-44458 > Asoftexia.com###menu-item-2081 > Asoftexia.com###menu-item-2082 > Asoftexia.com###menu-item-3294 > A

to make it look like this:

DpUjESM.png

Nice one. Altought for those who want the search bar available, like i do, you can allow the following lines in your adblocker:

<snip>

Yep, always good to come across folks with a thinking mind. 8N3udPP.gif

Hi, i am following the post about trial idm forever. It works good but someone can say me the real, visible, differences between trial version and retail version? From site it's not really clear and a bit vague. Thank you.

Hi, i am following the post about trial idm forever. It works good but someone can say me the real, visible, differences between trial version and retail version? From site it's not really clear and a bit vague. Thank you.

According to Tonec, the Retail edition contains a built-in download logic optimizer and boasts of better utilization of bandwidth than the Trial edition. :dunno:

While their above statement may / may not be true, there are certainly different codes running within those editions — those who use the Trial and Retail on a virgin system which has never seen the light of IDM, would notice that the Retail edition throws up an immediate nag prompting for registration whereas the Trial edition won't grumble until the passage of one full month. :)

On 9/21/2015 at 9:56 AM, rudrax said:

Looking for smartphone suggestion under 8k.

The about:config entry to enable Suggestions in your Firefox search:—

("browser.search.suggest.enabled", true)

Looking for smartphone suggestion under 8k.

The about:config entry to enable Suggestions in your Firefox search:
("browser.search.suggest.enabled", true)
:angry:

I have selected HTC Desire 326G. It's for my friend. He prefers things towards "branded" over "specs".

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived