"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

I brought it here from thread thought of including (to it) many more Adblock Plus about:config tweaks (provided the people voted for it.) dunno1.gif

So realistically speaking, the tweaks won't see the light of the day. sad.png

Quite right — unfortunately, people fail to understand that their browser is the largest window (nay — doorway) to the internet and therefore the direct route to receive (and transmit) malwares . . . . . . . . . . unless, the browser is tightly configured.

Unfortunately again, Firefox has hundreds of more hidden configuration than any other application or program.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better start new thread on firefox dcs18 r post some tweaks which helpful for us

All 720 (...and counting) of them :yes:

Just got on W10, and my Q(s are) is:

Can I completely remove Windows Store Apps/Services and expect W10 to work as 8.1 did?

I already get rid of Edge, and am considering store and related services, would like to know if there is a guide of what should/could be removed/disabled, it would save alot of time.

Thanks.

better start new thread on firefox dcs18 r post some tweaks which helpful for us

Firefox is a highly evolving program — it needs to be kept updated at least 5 times more frequently than any other program.

If enough folks request a Firefox tutorial, I don't mind doing it — right now, I am on 742 documented tweaks. ^_^

Just got on W10, and my Q(s are) is:

Can I completely remove Windows Store Apps/Services and expect W10 to work as 8.1 did?

Oh yes, I am sure that can be done. :)

I already get rid of Edge, and am considering store and related services, would like to know if there is a guide of what should/could be removed/disabled, it would save alot of time.

Thanks.

Awesome — Edge is a real PITA! F3h9xqz.gif

Unfortunately, I am forced to continue with Windows 7 and the 8.1 for some more time — hopefully, someone else who is already running Windows 10 can put together a guide for the same.

All 720 (...and counting) of them :yes:

not all 720 tweaks...better top 10 or 25 tweaks which helpful for all..

If you Google for that you can find abundant posts, articles and blogs about a handful of the same old tweaks — however, to identify the 10 or 25 most useful tweaks would make me dizzy (they are all show-stoppers.)

BTW, most of the tweaks I possess, are not available anywhere on the net — for example, in your about:config section just paste the following entry to see the problem (then, check whether Google is able to provide a solution for the issue):—

datareporting.sessions.previous.

@dcs18, [android]

There is a Wi-Fi file sharing option on "X-plore". I tried to share files using this feature but it shows following error

Screenshot_2015_08_08_12_25_05.jpg

If you Google for that you can find abundant posts, articles and blogs about a handful of the same old tweaks — however, to identify the 10 or 25 most useful tweaks would make me dizzy (they are all show-stoppers.)

BTW, most of the tweaks I possess, are not available anywhere on the net — for example, in your about:config section just paste the following entry to see the problem (then, check whether Google is able to provide a solution for the issue):—

datareporting.sessions.previous.

Another related example:

Navigate to the following Mozilla directory (archived) to see for yourself, how much your Firefox loves you (make necessary changes to the highlighted parts of the following path):—

C:\Users\ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\FirefoxProfile.Default\datareporting\archived

What is your budget, Reyes?

What is the objective — purpose?

What is the nature of the internet connection?

What functions do you want — please draw a priority list.

What is your budget, Reyes?

What is the objective — purpose?

What is the nature of the internet connection?

What functions do you want — please draw a priority list.

Rs.2000 Max

its BSNL Broadband with a maximum of 4 Mbps speed and i think Netgear or D link would serve the purpose

Features :- good Firewall with IPS, button to turn off WiFi, support win 10(hopefully)

Router should have inbuilt modem

Wifi Range is not much of a problem....

Moreover it should be stable (no dropouts)

Reyes, I am working on your requirement — let me do some research (will get back ASAP.) :)

The GRC ShieldsUp Tests Windows Firewall Control (WFC)

Internet Connection Security Test:—

Click the following image for the bigger picture:—

YGHD3rh.png

Common Ports Test:—

r6y3Gut.png

All Service Ports Test:—

QVHE4xB.png

Reverse DNS Test:—

BUsHG5q.png

Instant UPnP Exposure Test:—

nvAfcsq.png

Please, how can i block ICMP Echo request with Windows 10 firewall? I use also WFC. When i try to create a new rule to block ICMP Echo request, when open again Windows Firewall advanced rules the rule previously created by me is disappeared. How can i do to resolve?

Please, how can i block ICMP Echo request with Windows 10 firewall? I use also WFC. When i try to create a new rule to block ICMP Echo request, when open again Windows Firewall advanced rules the rule previously created by me is disappeared. How can i do to resolve?

Do you want just the answer — or, do you prefer a full-fledged tutorial, instead? :)

Do you want just the answer — or, do you prefer a full-fledged tutorial, instead? :)

I just wanna have stealth mode with GRC ShieldsUp. With WFC and Kaspersky firewall both failing test, because Echo ICMP reply failed. How can i do with both firewalls to have stealth results? Windows Firewall Control and KTS firewall. Thanks!

There is a strange problem with PLP password, dear dcs18! After I rebooted the system, I would not configure PLP due to wrong password. I don't know whether it is still using your configured password or not?

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived