"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

hi dudes am going to buy dell laptop below Rs 50,000. thinking to buy Dell Inspiron 3543 ..other opinions welcome

Buy this thing http://www.amazon.in/HP-15-AB029TX-15-6-inch-i5-5200U-Graphics/dp/B00Z9W4LMC?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=78ef4366-8250-48b0-aed3-3b6a1280e655&kpid=B00Z9W4LMC and replace the HDD with this http://www.amazon.in/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E120B-AM/dp/B00OAJ5N6I SSD and be a superman. The power of 5th gen i5, nVidia maxwell GPU and Samsung SSD will drive you crazy.

You can sell the 5400 rpm HDD on OLX or use it as a external drive for your storage requirements.

but in my location there is no hp customer support.so i shortlisted dell.. so

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi dcs, can you make a guide to configure in a better way Process Lasso? I have a purchased license from years, but i feel the need to configure it and not only "install and forget", something of this.. Thanks

Hi james, you just missed post # 3456.
Thanks bro for reply, i did not understand clearly, there will be not a guide for "some" reason ?

Yep, for sabotaging the previous Process Lasso Pro tutorial while it was underway.

Ok ;) What a pity :blink:

hi dudes am going to buy dell laptop below Rs 50,000. thinking to buy Dell Inspiron 3543 ..other opinions welcome

Buy this thing http://www.amazon.in/HP-15-AB029TX-15-6-inch-i5-5200U-Graphics/dp/B00Z9W4LMC?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=78ef4366-8250-48b0-aed3-3b6a1280e655&kpid=B00Z9W4LMC and replace the HDD with this http://www.amazon.in/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E120B-AM/dp/B00OAJ5N6I SSD and be a superman. The power of 5th gen i5, nVidia maxwell GPU and Samsung SSD will drive you crazy.

You can sell the 5400 rpm HDD on OLX or use it as a external drive for your storage requirements.

but in my location there is no hp customer support.so i shortlisted dell.. so
Yeah, you can go with Dell too, no problem there. I chose HP one because it has a FHD display. Whatever laptop you buy just replace the HDD with SSD. You will certainly have a big performance boost.

Dear dcs18,

Is there any work around to use Fire IE add on for Firefox x64? Its plug in can't be installed successfully.

Yep, have had to uninstall my Fire IE — the only option left is to wait for the Developer to update his add-on. :(

knowledge-Spammer

Dear dcs18,

Is there any work around to use Fire IE add on for Firefox x64? Its plug in can't be installed successfully.

Yep, have had to uninstall my Fire IE — the only option left is to wait for the Developer to update his add-on. :(

may be u can update it on your own ?

i not read all the posts on this page so plz for give me if it not help ?

Dear dcs18,

may be u can update it on your own ?

i not read all the posts on this page so plz for give me if it not help ?

post # 1825.

"A Leak-proof & Tamper-proof Implementation Of WFC"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

The Objective:—

To configure Windows Firewall Control (WFC) for a tamper-proof and leak-proof experience without any noise (meaning absolutely zero pop-ups.)

This new implementation also blocks Microsoft from intruding into your privacy (especially for Windows 10 Users.)

Please note, you can even use the Free Edition of Windows Firewall Control (WFC.)

The Backup:—

Before employing this implementation, you may want to backup, both — your existing Rules and your User Settings respectively, as follows:

nca2OvR.png

rqQO9tV.png

For a more comprehensive backup knowledge base, check out post # 2444.

Profiles:—

Ensure that your Profiles section looks exactly like the following (4 pointers):

YIhvmdH.png

Notifications:—

Ensure that your Notifications section looks exactly like the following (3 pointers):

K7Y3Jjl.png

Options:—

This section was illustrated just as an example (for my red theme) — you need to exercise your own preference.

The color of the interface of Windows Firewall Control (WFC) can be matched to that of your Windows visual theme, you can use either — the Slider/s or the Hex Color box.

Also, don't forget to enable Secure Rules (1 pointer):

L9mFGfg.png

Rules:—

Ensure that your Rules section looks exactly like the following (1 pointer):

0lw9vku.png

Tools:—

Leave the following section, at default — no change is required to be made:

ONMcZcw.png

About:—

Disable Windows Firewall Control (WFC) from calling home (1 pointer):

XkR7Lcz.png

The Changeover:—

Ensure you have backed-up your rules before deleting all existing rules through the Rules Panel using the following illustration:

51SRukm.png

Next, enable the Shell Integration temporarily as illustrated below to get the 2 Firewall Control (WFC) context menus into your right-click (1 pointer):

BED6R8G.png

Creating Essential Rules:—

It is now time to create a few new rules for only those bare minimum programs which essentially need to be internet-connected — just navigate to each installation directories right click the executable (check out the example of Firefox illustrated below):—

FmQHDrC.png

Once you have allowed the chosen few programs internet-connectivity, you may disable the 2 Firewall Control (WFC) context menus from your right-click, as illustrated below (1 pointer):

CkAia1L.png

Installing Online Portables:—

Check out post # 3412.

End-user Deployment:—

For a tamper-proof experience, SysAdmins and even Advanced Users (or others whose system/s is/are shared) might prefer to take the following 3 precautions — illustrated in respective order:

1. Password-protect Firewall Control (WFC) — this should be done, at the end (for operational reasons,)
  2. Disable the program from being displayed as a System Tray Icon at the Notification Area, and
  3. Remove the 2 Firewall Control (WFC) context menus from the right-click:

mCx0qw3.png

PCvoYWa.png

CkAia1L.png

Friendly Tip:—

Those who use a squarish or maybe a low-resolution monitor (and also, those who conduct a lot of TeamViewing sessions — even if, on a wider screen) might enjoy a better work-flow, with faster productivity by reducing the number of columns at the 'Manage Rules' section of Windows Firewall Control (WFC) . . . . . . as illustrated below:—

Click the following image for the bigger picture:—

kMEqoEv.png

Disclaimer:

The above tutorial may not work for the following types of Characters:
  • The Vain
  • The Shills
  • The Dead
  • The Trolls
  • The Proud
  • The n00bs
  • The Sheep
  • The Dense
  • The Slaves
  • The Losers
  • The Biased
  • The MisFits
  • The Prudes
  • The Flaccid
  • The Dunces
  • The Morons
  • The Pussies
  • The Lamers
  • The KillJoys
  • The Gullible
  • The Jealous
  • The Hagrids
  • The Rippers
  • The Retards
  • The Flamers
  • The Faggots
  • The Blamers
  • The Quitters
  • The Whiners
  • The ShitLess
  • The Dumbos
  • The Flunkies
  • The Stooges
  • The Lackeys
  • The FullCups
  • The Haughty
  • The Eunuchs
  • The Doubtful
  • The Paranoid
  • The Yes-Men
  • The Accusers
  • The Laggards
  • The Theorists
  • The Alarmists
  • The ImPotent
  • The Gamblers
  • The ImPatient
  • The Don'tCare
  • The CryBabies
  • The Dinosaurs
  • The Comatose
  • The InCapable
  • The Weaklings
  • The Pessimists
  • The Apologists
  • The WorthLess
  • The Hypocrites
  • The NaySayers
  • The Lamenters
  • The Ignoramus
  • The LukeWarm
  • The Ignoramus
  • The Pretenders
  • The Contended
  • The DisInclined
  • The PallBearers
  • The ShameLess
  • The ImPractical
  • The SpoilSports
  • The Know-It-All
  • The Astrologers
  • The Vanquished
  • The Speculators
  • The NumbSkulls
  • The GreenHorns
  • The Conformists
  • The Constipated
  • The Average Joe
  • The SoothSayers
  • The Conspirators
  • The Philosophers
  • The UnCharitable
  • The DayDreamers
  • The non-Believers
  • The DisPassionate
  • The Escape Artists
  • The InCompetents
  • The OverConfident
  • The Living UnDead
  • The UnResourceful
  • The Breast Beaters
  • The Fuddy Duddies
  • The Procrastinators
  • The Rabble Rousers
  • The Non-Performers
  • The Rumor Mongers
  • The WindowsBashers
  • The AttentionSeekers
  • The FanBoyz & FanGals
  • The Don't-Fix-It-If-It's-Not-Broken

if i untick the use allow rules when searching for...

K7Y3Jjl.png

my app treesize would not be able to scan for the files on my QNAP NAS via //my NAS pathing. Any ideas how to configure your setup for this by adding into rules ?

Also you mentioned deleting all rules, and start from scratch for allowing. however in the default rules, there was a bunch there related to windows. I'm not sure it's wise to remove those, as it may be needed in order for windows update to work properly. this is the 2nd thing i'm unsure of in regards to your configuration :/

my app treesize would not be able to scan for the files on my QNAP NAS via //my NAS pathing. Any ideas how to configure your setup for this by adding into rules ?

Also you mentioned deleting all rules, and start from scratch for allowing. however in the default rules, there was a bunch there related to windows. I'm not sure it's wise to remove those, as it may be needed in order for windows update to work properly. this is the 2nd thing i'm unsure of in regards to your configuration :/

U can use the allow rules option too, I use that too....That option is only for WFC notification settings and how you like it.

More so, if u disable notification or exit WFC GUI from tray, this option wont matter that much after initial configuration but maybe needed when providing an app with net connection.

when u will check for updates, WFC will automatically throw a notification stating the exact process and exact IP that is required on your PC for d/ling updates.

u can also use this very thing to stop W10 from d/ling any updates too :yes:

for a basic net connectivity, a rule of process svchost.exe with ur DNS IP address allowed,maybe created(but this wont d/l WU or Windows Time) just basic net connectivity.

and if u allow the process svchost.exe fully wihtout any IP restriction u will notice it can d/l updates as well as update time but then u r opening ur PC to other possibilities as well :sneaky:

So monitor and configure :medic:

yeah the windows thing svchost etc.... how the heck do i get my dns ip ;_; it's a dynamic address, so not sure this will work for me.

i used o&oshutup10 isn't that enough to prevent windows from using my bandwidth ?

i use a e4200v1 linksys running shibby's tomato firmware. from the bandwidth logs, i don't notice any excessive amounts of bandwidth being used when i'm not torrenting or downloading something for myself :/ so i figured i had things under control more or less.

K7Y3Jjl.png

The option you refer to, is related to only notification verbosity whereby some security programs might be allowed permission to internet access without notifying the User — it does not affect the ability of any app. to be able/unable to scan any path.

If enabled (checked) your system would fail to be leak-proof and tamper-free.

The only 3 Windows rules I find wise to allow are:—

• Core Networking - Teredo
  • Host Process for Windows Services (svchost.exe)
  • System (System)

yeah the windows thing svchost etc.... how the heck do i get my dns ip ;_; it's a dynamic address, so not sure this will work for me.

Have imported my rules into hundreds of client machines, running under different environments and using a variety of DNS IPs (static, as well) and have never ever faced even a single issue. 6HUIPBa.gif

The option you refer to, is related to only notification verbosity whereby some security programs might be allowed permission to internet access without notifying the User — it does not affect the ability of any app. to be able/unable to scan any path.

If enabled (checked) your system would fail to be leak-proof and tamper-free.

The only 3 Windows rules I find wise to allow are:—

• Core Networking - Teredo
  • Host Process for Windows Services (svchost.exe)
  • System (System)

ok the windows thing is useful to know, i'll try that out.

though i'm not sure how to get my DNS ip (my ip is dynamic ip, so not sure if thats the same thing :/ also i'm kinda using google dns, if thats related)

Also the setting i enabled to get my thing to work, i only reporting the effect it had on my pc rig :] actually to be more accurate, i now notice there are 2 options if both follow your guide, will make the \\NAS share on my network not be accessible.

1. the one i mentioned first about unticking that option which made it not work. so only leaving it ticked enabled will it work.

2. on medium filtering. So i had to set to low filtering, then it worked.

apparently both needed to be set like this, or it wouldn't work at all ^_^

maybe the solution would be to add a rule to allow networking for my NAS, but i couldn't figure that out :s

any dell laptops

though i'm not sure how to get my DNS ip (my ip is dynamic ip, so not sure if thats the same thing :/ also i'm kinda using google dns, if thats related)

I am using Google DNS, myself — not sure why you need to get it though, the Windows Firewall Control (WFC) factors for all IPs (regardless of Static or Dynamic.).

any dell laptops
Of course not. As you have said that your budget is 50k, I think, this is the best you can get from Dell http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00X5EVP9S/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1442134145&sr=1-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_FMwebp_QL65#featureBulletsAndDetailBullets_secondary_view_div_1442134236015

any dell laptops
Of course not. As you have said that your budget is 50k, I think, this is the best you can get from Dell http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00X5EVP9S/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1442134145&sr=1-11π=AC_SX110_SY165_FMwebp_QL65#featureBulletsAndDetailBullets_secondary_view_div_1442134236015

confused between this two dell inspiron laptops15 3543 and 15 3542. confused bcoz of NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M vs 820M and DDR3L.4th gen vs 5th gen..

confused between this two dell inspiron laptops15 3543 and 15 3542. confused bcoz of NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M vs 820M and DDR3L.4th gen vs 5th gen..

Nothing is there to get confused with. Stick with the latest one. Go with the one having 5th gen CPU. For the GPU, if you can't get GT 840M, GT 820M is ever ready to complement the 5th gen i5 as far as a laptop is concerned. DDR3L is a implementation of DDR3 keeping low power consumption in mind. It's a good thing.

Updated the Arming The Detonator section with provisional, custom Adblock Plus rules for Country Flags, Profile Photos / Avatars and Thumbnails.

While these rules might seem trivial to an User on a fast connection — Users who have to put-up with slower internet speeds might find the same appealing.

Nothing is there to get confused with. Stick with the latest one. Go with the one having 5th gen CPU. For the GPU, if you can't get GT 840M, GT 820M is ever ready to complement the 5th gen i5 as far as a laptop is concerned. DDR3L is a implementation of DDR3 keeping low power consumption in mind. It's a good thing.

rudrax ,whether 2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M will heat up while am playing games and whether it will destroy my motherboard..bcoz some guys told due to graphics card more heat ll produce so that problem occurs...Dell Inspiron 15 3543 vs insp 15 5558 Laptop .2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M vs Intel® HD Graphics 5500.. but i know nvidia is good for gaming but heating problem i should know.. help

rudrax ,whether 2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M will heat up while am playing games and whether it will destroy my motherboard..bcoz some guys told due to graphics card more heat ll produce so that problem occurs...Dell Inspiron 15 3543 vs insp 15 5558 Laptop .2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M vs Intel® HD Graphics 5500.. but i know nvidia is good for gaming but heating problem i should know.. help

Look, laptops are never meant to be used for serious gaming. Yet having a dedicated GPU like GT 820, you will be able to play high graphics 3D games at low to medium setting. Gaming generates heat which is usual for all systems including the desktops. In desktop, there is ample place for airflow and heat dissipation where in laptop those two facilities are limited making heat dissipation a challenge. If you are looking for serious gaming on laptop, you have to go with Dell Alienware series laptops which are built for the purpose. But they will cost you 70k onwards.

The Nvidia GT 820M is a seperate dedicated GPU which will outperform the integrated intel Iris 5200 series graphics by many a mile. But achievements never comes so easy. For the performance the GT 820M delivers, it will generate heat which is proportional to the stress applied to it.

So the bottomline is - with GT 820M you can do low to moderate gaming. If you stick to the policy, you won't have any problems. But if you give your expectations wings to fly on GT 820M, it will fail you sooner if not later.

Updated the Arming The Detonator section with provisional, custom Adblock Plus rules for Country Flags, Profile Photos / Avatars and Thumbnails.

While these rules might seem trivial to an User on a fast connection — Users who have to put-up with slower internet speeds might find the same appealing.

A quick look tells me that (1) there are rules which break site functionality; (2) there are rules which can be replaced by a single filter rule without breaking any funcionality.

Plz have a look. :rolleyes:

As someone with a fast connection, I do not use those rules — which ones are you referring to? :unsure:

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived