"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Hey DCS

my isp blocked KAT.CR and torrents sites not working

either i've to use PROXY or VPN, anyway to access but not using proxy or VPN

any solutions ?

b/w TAKER tried to help me using DNS trick but it was pinging but can't acess the sites any solution pal?

regards

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey DCS

any solutions ?

b/w TAKER tried to help me using DNS trick but it was pinging but can't acess the sites any solution pal?

regards

just to build on that.....changed the DNS but didnt work.

back to normal DNS, the cmd is pinging kat.cr ryt but when opened in browser, it doesn't load up.

Instead of http://kat.cr/, did you guys try https://kat.cr/

StealthyBoi

Oh great elders of the the playground, please enlighten me on the steps to disable Battery Status API used in HTML5 to prevent fingerprinting
thread reference and referred by yours truly dcs18

Oh great elders of the the playground, please enlighten me on the steps to disable Battery Status API used in HTML5 to prevent fingerprinting

thread reference and referred by yours truly dcs18

Users of Firefox can set the following preference to disable the Battery Status API:—

("dom.battery.enabled", false)

Those of you folks who are using Windows 10 — there is some potentially good news.

There are compelling reasons to believe that the hosts from the latest Windows 10 can now block IPs — this is a capability which hosts from previous Windows lacked sorely.

Would like Users of Windows 10 to test their hosts and report back — look forward to some good news. F3h9xqz.gif

Oh yeah, firewall method is the elegant method — choices & options are always welcomed (from the Rookie point-of-view.) ^_^

Hey DCS

any solutions ?

regards

just to build on that.....changed the DNS but didnt work.

back to normal DNS, the cmd is pinging kat.cr ryt but when opened in browser, it doesn't load up.

Hathway is working — without any tweaks! ^_^

The Government needs to be shafted by the tax-paying Netizens — when I was a practicsing Journalist, I relished propping them up the brick wall and humping them to glory. :angry:

Some good news for Users of Windows 10those who find the firewall method too daunting may now use the hosts blocking method, instead (provided they are running Windows 10.)RlW5CMh.gif

As per a post made by november_ra1n, confirmed by LOQUILLO and Cereberus, Windows 10 now, supports blocking IPs with the hosts — please note, previous Windows do not possess this capability.

Users of Windows 10 who wish to use the hosts blocking method may block the following IPs:

50.22.78.28,50.22.78.29,50.22.78.31,50.97.41.98,50.97.82.44,69.41.163.49,69.41.163.149,75.125.34.148,75.125.34.157,169.55.0.224,169.55.40.5,173.255.134.84,173.255.137.80,174.127.73.80,174.127.73.85,174.133.70.98,174.133.70.101,184.173.149.184,184.173.188.104,184.173.188.106,184.173.188.107,202.134.64.74,207.44.199.16,207.44.199.159,207.44.199.165

Credits:—

1. post # 22 (november_ra1n)
  2. post # 41 and post # 63 (LOQUILLO)
  3. post # 56 and post # 61 (Cerberus)

The latest Windows Firewall Control (WFC) 4.5.2.0:—

oRsnSTM.png

What's the use ? Of this function

Can u enlighten me!

Regards

The latest Windows Firewall Control (WFC) 4.5.2.0:—

oRsnSTM.png

What's the use ? Of this function

Can u enlighten me!

Regards

There were 2 existing groups (Core Networking and Windows Firewall Control) — now . . . . . . as mentioned by Taker, provision for a third (blank one) has been included, as illustrated below:—

tsKeN3q.png

The Sync page has changed — the Accessibility & Browsing page remains the same. wink.png

what abt the third option in accessibility window - new or am I too ignorant? tongue.png

On the V40 that entire page is identical.

I personally like the FW approach but nothing bad in having another option thumbup.gif

I am afraid — that is not happening! sad.png
Good News - Firewall method still works on w10 yes.gif

Firewall FTW mml.gif

Oh, the firewall method was never in doubt — it will always continue to work regardless of whether Microsoft likes it or not. wub.png

Hope we could say the same for the hosts, in Windows 10. :(

@dcs I saw u use two firefox variants, what are they - one is beta other one??? think.gif

I'm now full time on nightly with ABP, dropped all others.

I usually experiment with the same browser version for different factors like about:config tweaks, json defaults, iconization, portability etc., etc.

Same goes for other programs, too. ;)

Oh, the firewall method was never in doubt — it will always continue to work regardless of whether Microsoft likes it or not. wub.png

Hope we could say the same for the hosts, in Windows 10. sad.png

well the host has its disadvantages, I mean slowing net speed and some AVs flagging u have corrupted hosts, thats why u saw my hosts was so clean....virgin uhoh.png

The greatest disadvantage of the hosts is that it lacks granularity — those who use it to block IDM (for example) will discover that it blocks the entire system from browsing the IDM sites which are blocked by the hosts. Hosts cannot be used selectively.

The ultimate disadvantage of the hosts, though . . . . . . . is that it continues to remain incapable of blocking IPs.

@dcs I saw u use two firefox variants, what are they - one is beta other one??? think.gif

I'm now full time on nightly with ABP, dropped all others.

I usually experiment with the same browser version for different factors like about:config tweaks, json defaults, iconization, portability etc., etc.

Same goes for other programs, too. wink.png

why not have two profiles then? why two installations - also how u manage them - one installed version, one portable or diff directories?

I do have multiple (ready-made) profiles — however, I also use different installation directories (hence, those multiple rules which you noticed on my WFC screenshot.) happy.png

I do have multiple (ready-made) profiles — however, I also use different installation directories (hence, those multiple rules which you noticed on my WFC screenshot.) happy.png

Just curious if u have multiple profiles, then why u need double/multiple installation of same browser? think.gif

One can only influence Mozilla-based tweaks from the Profiles which are limited and subject to 3rd party interventions — however, to be able to bring an obnoxiously high volume of tweaks, one needs to start manipulating at the installation layer especially when one is looking at unlimited, tamper-proof, tweaks.

"Disabling Non-intrusive Advertising On Adblock Plus"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

The following illustration is for the benefit of those who are unable to disable non-intrusive advertisements on their Adblock Plus — it is also a counter against gloating Users of the competition to Adblock Plus:—

Spoiler

Ensure that the about:config entry extensions.adblockplus.subscriptions_exceptionscheckbox is set to true (create the boolean entry, extensions.adblockplus.subscriptions_exceptionscheckbox if it is absent.)

("browser.search.openintab", true);

Next, un-check (disable) the following box:—

MkdsrkX.png

reversed the entry in about:config to make it hidden from the options screen of ABP laugh.png

You mean — on my post?

I brought it here from another thread thought of including (to it) many more Adblock Plus about:config tweaks (provided the people voted for it.) :dunno:

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived