"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Ah man! I'm just speechless. How did you know? I mean, you were not lurking around my profile remembering my birthday or set an reminder, or did you?

Thanks you fat man. I love you (non-gay sense intended :lol: )

Thanks you Actarusse :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah man! I'm just speechless. How did you know? I mean, you were not lurking around my profile remembering my birthday or set an reminder, or did you?

Microsoft Outlook 2013 Pro Plus calendar for Windows synchronized with Business Calendar Pro for Android. :P

The installer of the latest Process Lasso 8.8.6.1 is now iconized. ^_^

Great n keep improving. Thank to you for key and blocking tutorial while back ago.

7 & 8.1 running so smooth and responsive.. :)

Off topic, but when CyberGhost reverts back to the free version, does anyone know how to prevent the CG pop-up advert. window(at boot) that asks if I want faster speeds and so on? Besides activating with another key that I don't have. Thanks in advance.

I have a Asus Zenfone 5 which runs Android 5.0 (Lollipop) firmware. The phone has a charger cum data cable which was working fine until I connected a Lenovo phone using it. Now if I try to connect my phone with it's supplied data cable, it shows "No USB connected". Now my data cable only works with my friend's Lenovo phone but not mine.

Why my data cable cheated on my phone? Was Lenovo sexier than Asus?

With the data cable still connected, did you try restarting both — the system and the Zenfone (not simultaneously.) :think:

Hmmmm . . . . . . . . the recent breed of Firefox (V41) no longer shows those little pop-up windows (clearing history) after the browser is shutdown. :think:

Alright, my Windows 10 download is about to finish.

I'm thinking to use rufus as bootable media creator.

Do I need to do anything extra like I did with Windows 8.1 prior to installation.

Anything else that you wanna suggest?

Are you suggesting that you would be executing the format, via USB — is your DVD/CD ROM drive still dysfunctional? yXZVmpE.gif

Are you suggesting that you would be executing the format, via USB is your DVD/CD ROM drive still dysfunctional? yXZVmpE.gif
Yes, I'm thinking of using my 8 GB pen drive as a bootable media to format.

My DVD drive is dead from ages and I am not planning to repair it as it will be dead again. Don't know why it loves to die. Damn it :lol:

Why, anything wrong with pen drive?

Are you suggesting that you would be executing the format, via USB is your DVD/CD ROM drive still dysfunctional? yXZVmpE.gif

My DVD drive is dead from ages and I am not planning to repair it as it will be dead again. Don't know why it loves to die. Damn it :lol:

Nope, nothing wrong with the USB boot method — BTW, do you have a UEFI-compliant BIOS?

Nope, nothing wrong with the USB boot method BTW, do you have a UEFI-compliant BIOS?
No it's the legacy MBR.

Anything else that you wanna suggest?

You may want to backup your existing system volume (C:\ drive) just in case you need to return to Windows 8.1 (for any variety of xyz reasons.)

Use your favorite partition manager to delete all your partitions on your HDD, create 2 fresh partitions C:\ and D:\ (let your DVD/CD ROM drive claim E:\ — FWIW, Windows 10 might bring it back to life.)

Given the recent size of Windows updates, would suggest a larger C:\ drive than usual — crank it up further, if you intend running a lot of portable apps. from your system partition.

While formatting ensure you follow advanced procedures to permit Windows to create the extra partitions.

So as you have said backing things up might be necessary while dealing with windows 10. So I am planning to use the latest version of Acronis (damn, it's 388 MB). I have a feeling that you have posted some tutorial regarding Acronis. Where is it?

So as you have said backing things up might be necessary while dealing with windows 10.

I meant about backing-up your existing copy, not Windows 10 - better to have a insurance policy.

So I am planning to use the latest version of Acronis (damn, it's 388 MB). I have a feeling that you have posted some tutorial regarding Acronis. Where is it?

Nice try. g4ZwQYe.gif

If you find Acronis too daunting try some other backup/restore program of your choice.

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived