ESET V3 Fix(es)

shought

@Sub0Freeze for some reason it takes Marsufix approximately 2 days to start working :wacko: I've seen this problem before and if you just don't worry about it it'll be gone in less than two days, I've seen nothing ever 'help' to solve this problem, but when it's solved you will get the updates when they come out(instead of having to wait 'three months').

Just reboot your PC a few times and wait for the first Automatic update to occur, I believe that solves the problem, I don't know for sure...

• Replies 364
  • Views 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having this same problem. Its been two weeks, Ive restarted over a dozen times. Had it choose automaticly... still no updates. Testing other fix methods.

For the record only:

NodLogin 9.7 (updated 19/11/08)

Download from mediafire.com

ShareCode /?y2f9zs4yoyb

Today again sent the NodLogin 9.7. It is the same thing you have installed, but this is a new file and is not recognized as false positive.

PD: If the nodlogin you have installed works well, you have no reason to upgrade to this, because it makes the same.

If you dont want to upgrade just add nodlogin.exe to the ignore list :D

F5 -> Exclusions -> Add...

@Sub0Freeze for some reason it takes Marsufix approximately 2 days to start working :wacko: I've seen this problem before and if you just don't worry about it it'll be gone in less than two days, I've seen nothing ever 'help' to solve this problem, but when it's solved you will get the updates when they come out(instead of having to wait 'three months').

Just reboot your PC a few times and wait for the first Automatic update to occur, I believe that solves the problem, I don't know for sure...

After rebooting my computer a few times, it seems as if the NOD32 updates now! Thank you very much for the response. I didn't mean to be impatient, but just wanted to make sure that it was working. Also, the trial date seems to be staying at 31 days, so all seems to be fine. Thank you very much, shought!

:sneaky: :D :D :D At least I managed to convince Avira that NodLogin is a False Positive. :D . Now if only we could do this with every other Anti-Virus Company.

I must say I am impressed with Avira though, they actually bothered to consider my request to to verify that NodLogin is actually a FP. In case you are wondering I was disappointed in NOD32 recently because it failed to obliterate that stupid "Antivirus 2009" hoax harassment program that pops up on the system tray. Not on my PC but on someone else's PC and I had to remove it using Avira. This is not the first time NOD32 has let me down, it let a virus through my friend's PC which f**ked his PC to oblivion and he was pissed and now uses Kaspersky. At first I didn't believe him so he sent me the virus and it raped my PC as well with NOD32 on highest protection and latest updates. Luckily I had a backup plan and used Dr Web to kill it. And now NOD has let this new "AntiVirus 2009" hoax roam free on another person's PC.

Even the most recent independent tests by Virus Bulletin and others have confirmed that NOD32 has been slipping behind :D . This saddens me as a NOD32 fanboy, I hope it's not because of us robbing them of their profits but in reality we aren't because given a choice I sure as hell not going to pay for NOD32 or any AV program so not like they are losing sales because of people like me, LOL. I hope eset gets their act together and improves NOD32 significantly in upcoming updates. As for now I will leave NOD32 as my backup scanner. It would be great if ESET could build the new NOD32 somewhat like version 2 where it was possible to disable the web and email scanning modules without the program annoying you to hell with stupid messages about not being protected. I fail to see the importance of web and email scanning when all viruses must enter your HDD or RAM before it could actually hurt your pc anyway. That is one annoying thing I hate about NOD 3.0 so I kept on using NOD 2.7 for a long time.

Enough talking for me though, for those of you who need a excellent backup on demand scanner and choose Avira then know that Avira will hopefully forever acknowledge the truth that NodLogin is a FP. This is much better support from Avira than I got from NOD when I kept sending them a commercial cracking program I use to administer my network. PSPR it is called. Sadly ESET still has not seen it fit to realize PSPR is a FP so I have to exclude it on every pc before I use it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your email to Avira's virus lab.

Tracking number: [Removed for my own privacy].

A listing of files alongside their results can be found below:

File ID Filename Size (Byte) Result

25147179 nodlogin.exe 350.78 KB FALSE POSITIVE

Please find a detailed report concerning each individual sample below:

Filename Result

nodlogin.exe FALSE POSITIVE

The file 'nodlogin.exe' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm. Detection will be removed from our virus definition file (VDF) with one of the next updates.

Alternatively you can see the analysis result here:

[Link removed for my own privacy]

An overview of all your submissions can be found here:

[Link removed for my own privacy]

Please note: The detection of Spy/Adware is not available in the product "AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic". Please address specific questions to [email protected]

Kind regards

Avira Virus Lab

---------------------------------------------

Avira GmbH

Lindauer Str. 21, D-88069 Tettnang, Germany

Phone: +49 (0) 7542-500 0

Fax: +49 (0) 7542-525 10

Internet: http://www.avira.com

CEO: Tjark Auerbach

Headquarter: Tettnang

Commercial register: AG Ulm HRB 630992

---------------------------------------------

For the record only:

NodLogin 9.7 (updated 19/11/08)

Download from mediafire.com

ShareCode /?y2f9zs4yoyb

Today again sent the NodLogin 9.7. It is the same thing you have installed, but this is a new file and is not recognized as false positive.

PD: If the nodlogin you have installed works well, you have no reason to upgrade to this, because it makes the same.

I think you left out an important part of the Author's quote.
Today we again sent the NodLogin 9.7, yes it is the same as previous version you have installed, but this is a new file and is not yet recognized as false positive, I hope you do not go to any website or forum else this file will become just like the previous ones.
:D

think you left out an important part of the Author's quote.
Today we again sent the NodLogin 9.7, yes it is the same as previous version you have installed, but this is a new file and is not yet recognized as false positive, I hope you do not go to any website or forum else this file will become just like the previous ones.
:dance2:

I left that part out with intent :dance2: Cause it is just silly :dance2:

ESET 30-Day Trial Key

Throw away Email

Hello,

I have tried this for the last 60 days but not any more because I switched to Norton 2009. You can get a 30-Day trial key for ESET Smart Security (retail version) only. I couldn't find one for NOD32. Just make up the throw away email from mailinator.com and you can get yourself a 30-day key free. Using the mailinator is simple. Just make up a "username" and add to the beginning of "@mailinator.com" then input the whole email address to get the key from ESET. Sometimes the key gets extended automatically for another 15 days. Try it! Nodlogin is still great too but this is just an alternative. I don't know how long this offer from ESET will last.

I left that part out with intent :dance2: Cause it is just silly :dance2:

LOL.

I think things are shaping up nicely for the new NOD32 v4 so far. I have been testing the BETA version and it looks to me that threat classification is much improved in this version. For 1 thing it properly classifies commercial cracking software like PSPR, finally!!! After I have been submitting as FP for so long. Also I have noticed that it now classifies NodLogin as "potentially unwanted" as opposed to straight out malware threat which we all know is a FP. They claim the proactive detection is improved preventing up to 70% of so called zero-day attacks but I am not equipped to test such a claim however this indeed can confirm that they know it is less than 70% in previous versions. Independant benchmarks suggests it is only at 50% in Nod32 v3 so 70% in v4 is a great improvement. I would have expected them to also implement some kind of whitelisting as what Norton 2009 uses but as long as they keep using mostly optimised assembly code NOD32 will be fast so I guess they don't need to rely on whitelisting as yet.

Things I still don't like is that the eyecon in the system tray is damn ugly as hell, I mean a green eye??? Surely they could come up with something better looking. Still when you disable useless scanner modules like web/http and email and document scanning the eye turns orange it is harassing. I still stand by my belief that email and web/http scanning is useless because a virus cannot harm your PC unless it is executed in RAM or writes to the HDD in which case the real-time scanner should pick it up so what the hell is the point in the redundancy. I tell you I want to beat down the idiot who came up with ideas like that, I wonder if it was the same clown who came up with the idea to scan within zip files. I am sure we all remember what an epic failure real time zip file scanning was back in 2003 when Norton implemented it. I can't say it is totally a bad thing because thanks to Norton implementing that stupid idea of real-time zip scanning, I decided to look for a better AV and found NOD32 :dance2:

I have nod32 with marsufix installed and the last update was the day 21. VSD: 3632.

How to solve this problem? Do you think it is just a temporary problem or not?

I have nod32 with marsufix installed and the last update was the day 21. VSD: 3632.

How to solve this problem? Do you think it is just a temporary problem or not?

Lol, the latest DB is 3633 so you don't have anything to worry about, it'll catch up in an hour or two man! Relax ;)

The latest update is 3636 which took place about a couple of hours ago. However, I recollect that my previous update was on 21st and I hadn't received any updates on Saturday & Sunday (which does happen quite often.)

Glad that your issue is resolved, it's 3636 - still unchanged :) :-

hey, Donaldo, see that you are using 2.7.39 version and the 'Full' version! I think that was the best version.

I do lust for V3 and have installed every build . . . . . . . . . . . in vain. I think it's just a matter of time before every one of us here at this thread are going to be running V4 (I'm trying to curb my basic instinct that wants to grab the beta.) :smoke:

Got ESS V4 running on 2 pc's (XP), without problems.

If I change the default settings to Custom, some problems occur. (slow down of system responding)

so I keep the default till next Beta

:smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

Curious, anyone else using nodenabler 2.81 have the info for license expiration date disappear from the about and protection screens. Updating with no problems and the enabler is running according to the schedule I set up. Just missing in action.

Happy holidays to everyone!

Archived