ESET V3 Fix(es)

shought

jayhuffdaddy

If anyone is interested, Newegg has Eset 3.0 for $30 with free shipping. If you apply ESET10115 as the promo code it drops to $15.

• Replies 364
  • Views 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D . . . . . . . instead, if you apply any of the patches from the forum - it drops down to free. :P

If anyone is interested, Newegg has Eset 3.0 for $30 with free shipping. If you apply ESET10115 as the promo code it drops to $15.
:D . . . . . . . instead, if you apply any of the patches from the forum - it drops down to free. :P

Don't make fun of it :D It's a nice offer and if you really like software, support it and have the money then you should buy it. Thanks for this note jayhuffdaddy! :P

Edit: And oh yeah, Donaldo, no hard feelings :D I never have :D

Do you have to pay a subscription each year, or is that $15 you pay for the software, permanently? If that's permanently, I will just buy nod32 once and for all

Do you have to pay a subscription each year, or is that $15 you pay for the software, permanently? If that's permanently, I will just buy nod32 once and for all

I would not mind buyin it for 15 dollars, sadly newegg only accepts credit cards from Americans so I cannot buy anything from them :P. To answer your question it is per year.

:D . . . . . . . instead, if you apply any of the patches from the forum - it drops down to free. :D

Don't make fun of it :D It's a nice offer and if you really like software, support it and have the money then you should buy it. Thanks for this note jayhuffdaddy! :P

Edit: And oh yeah, Donaldo, no hard feelings :P I never have :D

Hey shought, of course - no hard feelings!!!! :D

I agree it's a nice offer - unfortunately, as LeetPirate reports in the above post, I stand disqualified. Perhaps our American brethren would find it appealing.

Don't make fun of it ;) It's a nice offer and if you really like software, support it and have the money then you should buy it. Thanks for this note jayhuffdaddy! :)

Edit: And oh yeah, Donaldo, no hard feelings ;) I never have :D

Hey shought, of course - no hard feelings!!!! :)

I agree it's a nice offer - unfortunately, as LeetPirate reports in the above post, I stand disqualified. Perhaps our American brethren would find it appealing.

$15USD? Its not that cheap. Where I stay, its selling for about $20USD. That's why I am still here...lol :sneaky:

LeetPirate aren't you the person that posted instructions on how to use vista scheduler to set up nodlogin, nodenabler, & getvalid ID? If so I just wanted to thank you again....I finally got the xml files imported and she is working flawlessly.

Never would have tried a project like this but your post was a real help. Keep up the good work.

Hi guys!

Here's a quick tip for all Marsu fix v2.5 users who have to update ess/eav sometimes manually - "After installing the fix, go to Advanced update > Update and change the update server to 'choose automatically' instead of the u24.eset.com/eset_eval or any other."

Cheers :)

Hi guys!

Here's a quick tip for all Marsu fix v2.5 users who have to update ess/eav sometimes manually - "After installing the fix, go to Advanced update > Update and change the update server to 'choose automatically' instead of the u24.eset.com/eset_eval or any other."

Cheers :cheers:

After installing Marsufix here it always shows nothing selected, just blank. When I press the drop down box I can choose from the blank space and Choose automatically... Changed it from blank to Choose automatically, but I'm guessing it comes down to the same thing. Thanks for the tip anyway :)

Hi guys!

Cheers :cheers:

After installing Marsufix here it always shows nothing selected, just blank. When I press the drop down box I can choose from the blank space and Choose automatically... Changed it from blank to Choose automatically, but I'm guessing it comes down to the same thing. Thanks for the tip anyway :)

Well, I've faced the update problem when the update server was blank or u24.eset. I never had that problem after changing the server to 'choose automatically'.

Hi guys!

Cheers :drunk:

Well, I've faced the update problem when the update server was blank or u24.eset. I never had that problem after changing the server to 'choose automatically'.

Thanks for your clarification, I personally never faced this problem, but it won't do no harm changing it to Choose automatically I guess :cheers:

also when Blank, it updates regularly.

I would like to ask you an advice: Nod32 found me some viruses (the last he found was 24 september) and it all quarantined the files. I don't have problems on my laptop and all is ok. I would like to know if I can delete these quarantined files or not, and how to do it.

The possible choices are: add, restore, restore to, remove, submit for analysis. What can I do to delete these files ( I don't feel safe having them quarantined).

Any info is appreciated!!!!

I would like to ask you an advice: Nod32 found me some viruses (the last he found was 24 september) and it all quarantined the files. I don't have problems on my laptop and all is ok. I would like to know if I can delete these quarantined files or not, and how to do it.

The possible choices are: add, restore, restore to, remove, submit for analysis. What can I do to delete these files ( I don't feel safe having them quarantined).

Choose remove to delete the files!

Choose remove to delete the files!

Thanks. I did not know if it was correct this option REMOVE cause it says: do you want really to remove this file from quarantine?

I was thinking that this option was not to delete the file. Are you sure is it?

( I don't feel safe having them quarantined).

'Quarantine' is a safe alternative.

Thanks. I did not know if it was correct this option REMOVE cause it says: do you want really to remove this file from quarantine?

I was thinking that this option was not to delete the file. Are you sure is it?

'Remove' = 'Delete' :D (Don't worry - by clicking 'Remove' your virii don't get 'restored' to your machine.

In Quarantine the files can not be accessed, moved, changed, actually, nothing except for the AV itself has access to it. It's like putting an unarmed bomb that has to be armed with a 8 digit code and an iris scan in a vault that can not be opened by anyone except for yourself(because AVs won't do it themselves, except for when they send it for analysis) :D :D

Thanks for your help. I think is better to let the files quarantined, cause one or 2 of them are system files, so if I delete them I think that I could have some problems with my pc.

Thanks for your help. I think is better to let the files quarantined, cause one or 2 of them are system files, so if I delete them I think that I could have some problems with my pc.

Could you give me the names of those 'system files'? Because they are most likely only placed inside the Windows directory, but not really part of Windows, anyway if they are quarantined your PC won't be able to access them, so in practice it is equal to deletion, the only difference is that you can recover them(more easily) from quarantine, so I'd say it's smart to leave the backup, but it's safe to remove those files as well :D

These are the names of the files quarantined:

c:\\SystemVolumeInformation\restore3B42C326-2B5B-4E5C-81E1-64007B75999D\RP107\A0023609.exe

c:\\SystemVolumeInformation\restore3B42C326-2B5B-4E5C-81E1-64007B75999D\RP107\A0023605.exe

c:\\SystemVolumeInformation\restore3B42C326-2B5B-4E5C-81E1-64007B75999D\RP107\A0023608.exe

c:\\programs\ESET\ESETNOD32antivirus\setup.exe

c:\\programs\ESET\ESETNOD32antivirus\nodlogin.exe

You can safely go ahead and remove all of these files :dance2:

Except for NodLogin.exe maybe, are you using NodLogin as a fix for ESET? If you are you should always exclude NodLogin from scanning, but if you aren't using it or if it should be in another directory then you shouldn't.

You can safely go ahead and remove all of these files :dance2:

Except for NodLogin.exe maybe, are you using NodLogin as a fix for ESET? If you are you should always exclude NodLogin from scanning, but if you aren't using it or if it should be in another directory then you shouldn't.

Thank you very much for the help!!!!

c:\\SystemVolumeInformation\restore3B42C326-2B5B-4E5C-81E1-64007B75999D\RP107\A0023609.exe

c:\\SystemVolumeInformation\restore3B42C326-2B5B-4E5C-81E1-64007B75999D\RP107\A0023605.exe

c:\\SystemVolumeInformation\restore3B42C326-2B5B-4E5C-81E1-64007B75999D\RP107\A0023608.exe

I think those top three are viruses (the A's). Turn off your System Restore to get rid of it. Rescan your system and turn System Restore back on once your system is completely cleaned. Scan your system again to see if Eset find viruses again in the same location. Send those to VirusTotal to double check if these files aren't that large. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think those top three are viruses (the A's). Turn off your System Restore to get rid of it. Rescan your system and turn System Restore back on once your system is completely cleaned. Scan your system again to see if Eset find viruses again in the same location. Send those to VirusTotal to double check if these files aren't that large. Maybe I'm wrong.

Hi, I scanned the system again (I tried without turn off the system restore) and Nod found me an infiltration (now quarantined): the file is the following:

c:\\SystemVolumeInformation\restore3B42C326-2B5B-4E5C-81E1-64007B75999D\RP75A\A0018651.scr

probably variant of win32\trojandownloader.banload trojan

Now the file is quarantined. What the best thing to do?

Thanks a lot

To do as he said, turn of System restore, scan your system and clean any infections, turn system restore on again (and maybe do another scan just to be on the safe side).

Archived