ESET V3 Fix(es)

shought

Hi I have been wondering about something for the longest while and I finally came to ask. I am wondering if the current password for nod32 v4 beta works for nod32 v3? Since I do not have v3 installed at the moment I can't test it myself. Can somebody please try it and let me know if it works or not. If it does work then people can use it because I remember I used to use the v3 beta password for v2 without problems and of course it will last for months because they are still in beta stages and have not even released a release candidate version as yet.

Username= updv4

Password= upd4test

Please give it a try somebody and tell me if it works. :)

Nope does not work!

• Replies 364
  • Views 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@LeetPirate:

It's working alright, but I need to do more tests (e.g., automatic update vs manual update)

Expiry Date is March 2, 2009

@LeetPirate:

It's working, but the big problem is... IT WILL NOT UPDATE (whether manual or automatic)...

I will stick with nodlogin ;)

@LeetPirate:

It's working, but the big problem is... IT WILL NOT UPDATE (whether manual or automatic)...

I will stick with nodlogin ;)

lol so how what do you mean its working if it wont update? that sounds like it authenticates but maybe something else is the problem. I have a feeling they got smarter over the years and probably deny permission for the beta account to have access to regular updates. oh well thanks for checking for me. :cheers: yea nodlogin still rocks and the latest one thankfully isn't detected as malware as yet.

Hi Buddies!

I've got an issue that I'd would like to discuss with all of you.

I'm a nod user for a long time (2.7 version) and a few day ago I finally decided to upgrade my PC to v3. Installed 3.0.684.0 ESS 32bit version with NodLogin 97 and I was very glad with the result - no problem at all and updating is just fine (of course with all the scheduled tasks and the needed exceptions).

But, since yesterday, when my wife or my son log onto their respective user accounts, they get a "Run As" dialog box that I verified already belonging to nodlogin - this was not supposed to happen and it didn't happen until yesterday.

I've already tried everything I could remember - even uninstall everything (ess and nodlogin) and reinstall both, cleaned registry of all nodlogin and ulisessoft entries between, and I get always the same issue - "Run As" box every time they log on.

Of course I've tried to give them full permissions on "nodlogin.exe", but didn't worked out.

Please, any help or suggestion?

;)

Thanks in advance, and all my best to all of you! (nsane's the best)

Maybe you could make it as a system task for every logon... How you'd do this I'm unsure, but I'm sure Google will help you out on that one ;)

Hi Buddies!

I'm a nod user for a long time (2.7 version) and a few day ago I finally decided to upgrade my PC to v3. Installed 3.0.684.0 ESS 32bit version with NodLogin 97 and I was very glad with the result - no problem at all and updating is just fine (of course with all the scheduled tasks and the needed exceptions).

But, since yesterday, when my wife or my son log onto their respective user accounts, they get a "Run As" dialog box that I verified already belonging to nodlogin - this was not supposed to happen and it didn't happen until yesterday.

I've already tried everything I could remember - even uninstall everything (ess and nodlogin) and reinstall both, cleaned registry of all nodlogin and ulisessoft entries between, and I get always the same issue - "Run As" box every time they log on.

Of course I've tried to give them full permissions on "nodlogin.exe", but didn't worked out.

;)

What OS are you using? You could try to not use the nod32 scheduled tasks and just use windows task scheduler and set it up to use admin or system credentials. That's the only idea I have at the moment but perhaps somebody else will come up with something better. If not then you could always try one of the other fixes available, the vbs scripts are very good alternatives as well as nodenabler. browse this thread backwards to find the latest versions of other fixes.

Hi Buddies!

;)

What OS are you using? You could try to not use the nod32 scheduled tasks and just use windows task scheduler and set it up to use admin or system credentials. That's the only idea I have at the moment but perhaps somebody else will come up with something better. If not then you could always try one of the other fixes available, the vbs scripts are very good alternatives as well as nodenabler. browse this thread backwards to find the latest versions of other fixes.

Thank you both for your answers..... and forgive me... I forgot mention that my OS is XP Pro 32 bit...

About OS tasks: In all experiences I've made trying to fix this, I found that I don't need to schedule any task to get that "Run As" issue... All I need is having Nodlogin installed and I get that. No need to schedule any task. So this won't solve my problem.

About other fixes: I'll take a longer time reading all information available, and if I can't get this solved, I'll try anything else!

Doesn't NodLogin schedule itself to run every logon or something... I think it does, it's always running, you should use an application like TuneUp Utilities or Advanced System Care and find what programs run at boot(both programs use different names for this kind of program, just search and you'll find) then disable NodLogin from running at logon/boot and make a task yourself which will run NodLogin at every login with the Administrator password ;)

Doesn't NodLogin schedule itself to run every logon or something... I think it does, it's always running, you should use an application like TuneUp Utilities or Advanced System Care and find what programs run at boot(both programs use different names for this kind of program, just search and you'll find) then disable NodLogin from running at logon/boot and make a task yourself which will run NodLogin at every login with the Administrator password ;)

Thank you so much, shought!

Tried TuneUp Utilities and it made it...... I found two nod anti virus tasks running at startup, one of them with the nodlogin "cool" icon... Turned it off, and that it's !!!

All my best!

You do have to make a system task scheduled at every logon for the fix to keep working!!!

Otherwise your ESET license will stop working ;)

You do have to make a system task scheduled at every logon for the fix to keep working!!!

Thanks again.....

I've already made that!

But, still thank you for reminding me! :cheers:

All the best!

Otherwise your ESET license will stop working :cheers:

Thanks again.....

I've already made that!

But, still thank you for reminding me! :dance2:

All the best!

Ok, I thought you forgot because you didn't say anything about it ;)

No problem ;)

Thanks again.....

I've already made that!

But, still thank you for reminding me! :dance2:

All the best!

Ok, I thought you forgot because you didn't say anything about it :)

No problem ;)

A big, big hug!

:dance2:

Hello, i have installed nod32 AV 4.0.68.0 beta on my windows7 install. Can i use nodlogin to update? Or does this fix not work for the new nod32?

Hello, i have installed nod32 AV 4.0.68.0 beta on my windows7 install. Can i use nodlogin to update? Or does this fix not work for the new nod32?
NOD32 v4.0.68.0 beta is free updates, you don't need any fix for that version.

Go with the default installation Username and Password - NodLogin would not work since V4 employs a different and dedicated server for update purposes. The default installation Username & Password for the V4 Beta release is:-

Username:

updv4

Password:

upd4test

(Please note, the above mentioned Username & Password combination is no fix - it's a valid Username & Password combination provide by ESET, themselves to their Beta Testers.)

Username:

updv4

Password:

upd4test

(Please note, the above mentioned Username & Password combination is no fix - it's a valid Username & Password combination provide by ESET, themselves to their Beta Testers.)

I believe this user-name & password is valid upto February 2009.

@Donaldo:

U&P for v4 is valid up to March 2009.

I tested it already and I'm confident to say "I'll be sticking with nodlogin" :P

Archived