Eset Nod 32 Fix for 3.0? (CONTINUED)

jofre

• Replies 2k
  • Views 171.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a little constructive criticism for box

Can you work on a better name system?

At the moment I have no idea what the currect fix is. It could be boxwhenver d 4 auto or boxsomewhere q 10 © or MaraBox3.1never Z. Its is certainly not clear.

Could I advocate the following.

If you have different ones for different versions then you could name them

BoxXP32 1.01

BoxVista64 1.01

etc and then follow on with 1.02, 1.03

If one version fixes all then BoxAll 1.01, 1.02 etc

just so thats its obvious what the current or next update is. There may only be 1 update, there may be 3 or 4 depending on versions, I wouldn't have a clue.

Marsupilami cottoned onto it and made it easier and his current update is 2.2 following on from 2.1. That I can follow.

Your naming system, with respect sir, is too hard to follow as to what is current and what to ask for.

Yea, I see how it can be confusing since I put it that way. So, what part that you see below confused you. Is it the numbers, letters, or descriptions. You may not know what to ask for but you will get the most current version.

Eset3BoxFixes 1.1 is the 1st release

Eset3BoxFixes 1.2 is the 2nd release

Eset3BoxFixes 1.4 is the current release

Box4ever A is a manual fix and it is different from B, C, D.

Box4ever B is a manual fix and it is different from A, C, D.

Box4ever C is a manual fix and it is different from A, B, D.

Box4ever D is an auto fix and it is different from A, B, C.

I have you know that I finished middle school.

Whoa Whoa Whoa put the guns away there buddy. I'm not trying to offend, be a prat or insult your schooling or intelligence. Just trying to offer something a little contructive, non personal and reasoned feedback for you to work with that may makes most peoples lives a little easier. I have a reasonable degree of computer literacy but I'm not a software spannerhand so wont profess to know anything along that side. I can however follow logic when I see it but this can get difficult to follow especially at 2 in the morning and the eyes just wanna read whatever it sees and te brain doesn't register.

What you have listed about seems certainly reasonable to follow but reading back through nearly 114 pages it certainly turns into alphabet soup and most people don't request for it like you have stated. Reading above I see there is anywhere up to 5 possible 'hacks' thats I can use. I also see requests for a boxmara3something g or whatever it is called. I don't see the word Mara above so is that another fix to add to the 5 already? If 1.4 is the current one as you suggest, then what are the other ABCD and mara one needed for?

Eset3BOX4ever, is working perfect for me so far

Now is this guy referring to the Box4ever manual ones or the Eset3BoxFixes cause it looks like has combined parts of both names to create something else.

Just in the last two pges I have seen

Eset3BOX4ever

Eset3Box4ever (D)-(Auto)

ESET-BREAK/BoxMaraEset3Fix1.4

Box4ever1.3 Box-Mara Eset3Fix1.4

See what I mean here?

Peace, respect and good will.

Sometimes people see a horse and call it a duck. That doesn't make a horse a duck.

Peace, respect and good will to you too.

I have been running the "Eset3BoxFix(enchanced)" fix on 2 Windows XP SP2 PC's for over a week now, and it is working great on both.

This is the best fix for me: no need to reinstall the fix when a new version of Nod32 comes out, no .exe file for the programs to pick up on, etc. It just works :oops:

Many thanks Box/Jofre, great work.

is the marsufix 2.2. uploaded on the frontpage?

-----------------------

Check PM Dumble- Sent MarsuFix 2.2 ! (I think on Front Page is v.2.0 )

Be Happy !... :oops:

Jofre

Still there is a doubt about Fix "Box4ever 1.3 (auto)"

Comments from those using OS x64 WinXP - Box needs to hear from you if it works or not. That`s why this Fix still is on Testing Mode.

For all other Operational Systems according to Comments and Private Messages seems to be all OK.

Like said before :-

ACTUAL STATUS:

ON....... = WinXP 32bits == GOOD

ON....... = Vista 32bits == GOOD

ON....... = Server2008 64bits ==GOOD

ON....... = Vista 64bits==GOOD

ON....... = WinXP 64bits==??? .............................This means BOX need members using = WinXP 64bits = to try the

fix so, please contact member BOX and feedback here too .

------------------------------------------------------------

Always ready for your requests,( NodLogin 8.1-32/64bits,included )... :oops:

Cheers

Jofre

marsupilami thanks for the fix..works great..and jofre for giving me the link...

is the marsufix updates like the commercial version?

givemestella
WinXP x64

Marsufix.exe = NONE WORKING

BoxMaraEset3Fix1.4= WORKING - except right click scan from context menu doesn't seem to work. seems to have righted itself after reboot - so my be unrelated to fix.

great work Box! Only concern is that the Marufix did try to reset trial period after every update, which was a good idea, negating the need to restart for a trial reset. The BoxMaraEset3Fix1.4 needs to be restarted to reset the trial period. So you will be buggered if your machine stays on for longer than 31 days. Not that windows would be capable of that lenght of uptime despite being x64.

Marsu Fix 2.1 works flawlessly. If you cannot get it to work, uninstall ESET, uninstall any fixes you may have, restart computer, reinstall ESET 650 (without a username and password!), add the update server in the readme file, install Marsu Fix 2.1, and update ESET manually the first time.

Thanks, but already tried this several times over. It obviously doesn't work with WinXP x64 SP2 edition only x86 version. Box's fix works fine though cheers again!

Hi,

i tried marsu-fix v2.2 on vista x86, and box-mara-fix v1.4 on winXP x86

using ESS 3.0.650 commercial and first updates are looking good

only saw one minor bug in box-mara fix... nothing serious really :sneaky:

the installer said that it was 1.1 version of the fix and at first i fought thought that i used a wrong version.

so i hope it will be fixed in the future to avoid confusion :D

anyway great job from jofre, box, marsu and others!

keep it up :smoke:

Cheers,ALL !

I have "Box4ever ©- manual" sense 11th.March.2008 and one month passed still shows "Remaining trial period, 31days".

WinXP Pro 32 bits.... :sneaky:.... :D ... :smoke: Time to dance !!

A wonderful week-end to everyone here included of course all Nsane Staff.

BE HAPPY !

jofre

marsupilami
WinXP x64

Marsufix.exe = NONE WORKING

BoxMaraEset3Fix1.4= WORKING - except right click scan from context menu doesn't seem to work. seems to have righted itself after reboot - so my be unrelated to fix.

great work Box! Only concern is that the Marufix did try to reset trial period after every update, which was a good idea, negating the need to restart for a trial reset. The BoxMaraEset3Fix1.4 needs to be restarted to reset the trial period. So you will be buggered if your machine stays on for longer than 31 days. Not that windows would be capable of that lenght of uptime despite being x64.

Marsu Fix 2.1 works flawlessly. If you cannot get it to work, uninstall ESET, uninstall any fixes you may have, restart computer, reinstall ESET 650 (without a username and password!), add the update server in the readme file, install Marsu Fix 2.1, and update ESET manually the first time.

Thanks, but already tried this several times over. It obviously doesn't work with WinXP x64 SP2 edition only x86 version. Box's fix works fine though cheers again!

It works on X64... it´s a X64 prog..soo... doon´t know wats your prob is...

marsupilami
Where can I find the Marsupilami fix 2.2? :D :bruce: :smoke: :bruce:

Well.. u could ask me.... :sneaky:

MasterLokito
Where can I find the Marsupilami fix 2.2? :smoke: :bruce: :bruce: :battle:

Well.. u could ask me.... :sneaky:

:bruce: :w00t: :w00t:

I sent a PM for you! :D

Jofre,

many thanks again for your fresh news about fixes.

-------------------------------------

Thanks to you and all for having read them.

It has been an amused trip...with a lot of waves !

Jofre

marsupilami
Jofre,

many thanks again...???? first post you do!!!

hmmmm???

marsupilami
Jofre,

-------------------------------------

Thanks to you and all for having read them.

It has been an amused trip...with a lot of waves !

Jofre

You are doing a great work man.... keep it up

Marsu

lastromantic

Marsupilami,

you're right - I registered here only today but I read this forum several months as unregistered guest.

And I'm using your fixes longer - not only from moment when i registered here.

Is any problem when my first post are words of thanks for Jofre?

Many thanks for you too because you are author of the successful solution.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english - Im from Slovakia.

marsupilami
Marsupilami,

you're right - I registered here only today but I read this forum several months as unregistered guest.

And I'm using your fixes longer - not only from moment when i registered here.

Is any problem when my first post are words of thanks for Jofre?

Many thanks for you too because you are author of the successful solution.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english - Im from Slovakia.

No problem... just wonder about" many thanks again" .. when you post for the very first time today..

Happy to see you on the forum... and, yes... Jofre is doing a great work

Marsu

ps.. Your english is not worse then mine.... :sneaky:

Archived