Eset Nod 32 Fix for 3.0? (CONTINUED)

jofre

box,

Still working fine with latest fix 1.8 (x86) - Your fix is working the best out of any I've tried.

As said above, would be cool to get the definition info showing along with version when hovering over the icon (if even possible with the way the reg key(s) are modified), but no biggie if can't be done. Thanks for your work.

For those people who want to see the definition information in the task bar, and like the stuff that Box is producing, why not try Box's other fix, called "Eset3BoxFix(enchanced)"?

I have been running the "Eset3BoxFix(enchanced)" fix on 2 Windows XP SP2 PC's for a couple of weeks now, and it is working great on both.

This is the best fix for me: no need to reinstall the fix when a new version of Nod32 comes out, no .exe file for the programs to pick up on, etc. It just works

• Replies 2k
  • Views 172.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
box,

Still working fine with latest fix 1.8 (x86) - Your fix is working the best out of any I've tried.

As said above, would be cool to get the definition info showing along with version when hovering over the icon (if even possible with the way the reg key(s) are modified), but no biggie if can't be done. Thanks for your work.

For those people who want to see the definition information in the task bar, and like the stuff that Box is producing, why not try Box's other fix, called "Eset3BoxFix(enchanced)"?

I have been running the "Eset3BoxFix(enchanced)" fix on 2 Windows XP SP2 PC's for a couple of weeks now, and it is working great on both.

This is the best fix for me: no need to reinstall the fix when a new version of Nod32 comes out, no .exe file for the programs to pick up on, etc. It just works

Eset3BoxFix(enhanced) is the one I'm using. I restart my computer every day. Some times I forget all about it and wonder how my Eset reset itself. People with XPHE can't use it because they don't have the features built in. Bummer!

Eset3BoxFix(enhanced) is the one I'm using. I restart my computer every day. Some times I forget all about it and wonder how my Eset reset itself. People with XPHE can't use it because they don't have the features built in. Bummer!

I can't find this "Eset3BoxFix(enhanced)" in the pack of fixes I got... And since it's apparently one of the best... :-)

Is this "Box-Mara Fix 1.4" ? Or "Box4ever 1.3" maybe ? (The two others in the pack are : Box4ever© and BoxFix)

I'm a little confused with all these versions...

Thanks !

I can't find this "Eset3BoxFix(enhanced)" in the pack of fixes I got... And since it's apparently one of the best... :-)

Is this "Box-Mara Fix 1.4" ? Or "Box4ever 1.3" maybe ? (The two others in the pack are : Box4ever© and BoxFix)

Thanks !

There are really 3 Box fixes available currently

Box-Mara Fix 1.4 - this is an automated fix which uses a Windows service to reset the trial date

Box4Ever 1.8(?) - this is an automated fix which stops Eset from changing certain registry values, which means it can not decrement the trial days

Eset3BoxFix(enhanced) - this uses Windows policy editor to delete the trial key every time you reboot the PC

It was not included in the latest set of files I got from Jofre (the one called "all fixes" or something) but it was included in an earlier set of fixes.

Ok thanks for the explanations !

I will try to find the "enhanced" version somewhere...

According to you (and Box), this is the best version ?

(And probably one that will continue working with the next versions of NOD32 ?)

Thanks a lot !

Thanks !

---------------------------------------------------

Kilvearn:

Boxfix (Manual) - "enhanced" and "companion" it`s on pack I sent you, just take more care when reading... :dance2:

cheers

Jofre

marsupilami
is marsufix 2.2 supposed to show 31 days remaining always? mine shows 30 days. :dance2:

wait for a update... it can go down to 28-29 days to... don´t worry...

marsupilami
QUOTE (buggy @ Apr 17 2008, 09:21 PM) *

box,

Pack73 :

Tem Dono 1.2 does that.Its still working like a charm on 3.0.650.0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TemDono is OK now but you have change to "Box4ever" when a new Eset version is released... :dance2: ..That`s the difference .

Well... Jofre.. Thats not right... because every fix thats out, is working the same way.. box, temdono, my fix... if Eset stops to do the time check by a value in the registry... none of this fix will work.

Then we have to make a new one... or make a patch for the ekrn.exe.

Cheers

BTW... my fix works with all version... both x86 and x64 and definition info showing along with version when hovering over the icon

It's possible to make a fix which remove Trial Period notification ?

Transform to Full version, without 31 days remaining.

Thanks.

QUOTE (buggy @ Apr 17 2008, 09:21 PM) *

box,

Pack73 :

Tem Dono 1.2 does that.Its still working like a charm on 3.0.650.0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TemDono is OK now but you have change to "Box4ever" when a new Eset version is released... :D ..That`s the difference .

Well... Jofre.. Thats not right... because every fix thats out, is working the same way.. box, temdono, my fix... if Eset stops to do the time check by a value in the registry... none of this fix will work.

Then we have to make a new one... or make a patch for the ekrn.exe.

Cheers

---------------------------------------

OK. Supposing Eset will do the same as Kaspersky (v.7 to v.eight) none patches will work on future releases of course but, I believe you or Box will make a new valid one . Only I dont trust on TemDono. I think he will give up, that`s all.

--------------

But I think ESET also needs our collaboration. Only with all our "propaganda" they can sell much more product to Companies and Small business. These can`t use patches, not permitted by law, at least in my country...so, maybe Eset don`t fight against this small quantity of pirates, showing how smart they are. Eset really needs our free publicity. :dance2:

cheers

jofre

Does anyone have a copy of the newest Business Edition? I couldn't care less about the actual BE, but someone I know needs the "ESET Configuration Editor", and that's the only way I know to get it. Anyone?

Archived