Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

• Administrator

BTW, When Shoutbox is turned on?

Without it, sometimes boring.

• Propose to add more themes in "Settings"
  • imo, I guess the bosses should explain why a topic is closed. Rather than use standard reply e.g. "Temporarily closed pending review"

Unfortunately, our members have proven that enabling the shoutbox causes un-due conflicts in the community on numerous occasions, at this moment in time, there is no intention for this feature to return.

We will be upgrading the forums to a new version of the forum software at some point in the future, we will look at additional/ different themes following this. We like to minimize the variations however.

We provide feedback to the individuals in question where required when staff have taken action. We don't wish to publicize issues to the wider audience, as it isn't fair to the individuals in question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Unfortunately, our members have proven that enabling the shoutbox causes un-due conflicts in the community on numerous occasions, at this moment in time, there is no intention for this feature to return.

@Lite ahh that is why I have a shoutbox "button " on my profile but have never seen it. It must have been disabled before I joined up. I do not know a thing about the software that runs this forum but when I was heavy into IRC (which is probably kinda like what your chatbox was like) we could ban/kick or take away "OPs" status etc. I assume when you say "our members" you are not seriously counting all or even most of us? My point is that is there no way to keep the chatbox open while restricting members who start the conflicts you mentioned above? That way only those responsible for the conflicts would be punished and the rest could enjoy the chatbox. I would like to be able to chat to other members here! Thanks for any consideration you may give this. :)

:hi:I have been reading up on IPB Shoutbox and there are indeed commands to ban and unban individual members from using the Shoutbox. I do not want to tick you off @Lite :sorry: but since I am a member of what is called a Community here at nsane I would like to ask you a question. Why do you chose to take away the Shoutbox from everyone when you have the ability to ban members individually? :blush:

We have turned the shoutbox on and off several times however despite banning individual members the situation always ends up the same.

As it stands: There is no desire for the shoutbox to return.

Shout, shout.. let it on out... these are the things we can do without.. come on... I'm talking to you... come on....

Sorry.. couldn't help myself... ( Tears for Fears ) :P

Not that it is a subject or anything but yes a black/dark theme would be nice one day...

I'm finding out a lot about the forum these last few days since my join.

Tis a cool and righteous intermixed community with many different

perspectives converging on a topic and giving views , experience

and help and finding help that one might need in a solution.

My add to a wish for the site would be one

of revenue to the site and it's members .

How's that sound Good or Bad ? I

think that along with the like/thanks

box offer next to it a donation button tab

or the like/thanks box have a drop down menu

style to donate to that member and then Nsane forum

would take a cut, I'm not going to mention any % format

that's up to the hierarchy here, maybe give a vote in a survey.

I don't know what's the best way best way, I do think a limit in

some way of a max amount that can be donated would be a must.

Then I think that most on-line payment methods would take a percent

of that donation, so I purpose that for member who wishes to get the

option to accept donations to give $10.00 to set up this ability for a cost

of $5.00 to the Nsane forum and have a pool of $5.00 remaining to give

out in donations himself. A minimum of less than a dollar could be given

this way to other members who have set up the donation option in the

membership accounts. Those members who set up this type of account

could also have some kind of title to their name or the color of their be

designated to this status. Maybe a frame around their picture.

Hope my add can be of some use and other members build upon it

to make it a great thing for Nsane !

Thank you, SURbit...

No disrespect is meant, but the first encounter I had with Nsane is through

the outside (being) http://www.nsanedown.com/ which looks a little dated,

even more so since I've come inside to the forum. This is a more polished look.

As in houses the term CURB APPEAL comes to mind when going down the street.

Some of that, kind of holds true for the Internet as well with landing pages.

One more suggestion would in the forum to give the same Tabbed toolbar as the outside.

HOME*DRIVERS*INTERNET*MULITMEDIA*SECURITY*SYSTEM*APPS

Right on the main window to make navigation to a department easier for all.

The NEW Member has a hard time understand the workings under the covers of site.

Thank You Much !

• Administrator

@SURbit: Welcome and we appreciate your kind words and suggestions.

About donations, let me quote here:

We ran a donation thread some time ago as you might know. Which was since completed.

If and when we require more donations, we might run it again and everyone will know about it and be able to donate for the artwork and such.

As for the forums, we use a forum software called IP.Board, which is hard to modify or make any changes to.

@CoolZoid: The staff do not like long quotes either. We will look into it.

@ DKT27 I understand but, was suggesting that the members receive a donation as well as splitting that donation with

the nsane.down forum.

Wouldn't that make the forum usual compared to other forums? To generate a revenue for both parts, the members would be

more conscientious and helpful, courteous, and pleased to respond to others members. Of course both would have to have set this up in their accounts before hand.

I understand this set-up and change to the structure would be hard to do as you've stated.

How does the outside Web find posts here on the forum?

I haven't found a way to tag any posts I've made and never started a thread here to know if that's where tag's are added.

Another wish for the forum would be to offer an app for the different devices OS's from the APP STORES or right here.

Having push notices of threads one follows, PM's and general updates to the forum.

Thank you for your answers to me - makes me feel good here - not like the warning I got...

• Administrator

@ DKT27 I understand but, was suggesting that the members receive a donation as well as splitting that donation with

the nsane.down forum.

Wouldn't that make the forum usual compared to other forums? To generate a revenue for both parts, the members would be

more conscientious and helpful, courteous, and pleased to respond to others members. Of course both would have to have set this up in their accounts before hand.

I understand this set-up and change to the structure would be hard to do as you've stated.

How does the outside Web find posts here on the forum?

I haven't found a way to tag any posts I've made and never started a thread here to know if that's where tag's are added.

Another wish for the forum would be to offer an app for the different devices OS's from the APP STORES or right here.

Having push notices of threads one follows, PM's and general updates to the forum.

Thank you for your answers to me - makes me feel good here - not like the warning I got...

Again, thanks for you suggestion.

We are a forum community with the aim of contributing towards helping others. We do not want to stop users from the spirit of free helping and sharing, which might not happen if there is any monitization involved, as it will hurt the principals of the community and will cause members to concentrate only on the money part rather than the contribution one.

Both nsane.down and nsane.forums are searchable from multiple search engines as their bots index the sites. So far, we do not have have a tagging available for individual posts, but when members create a thread, they are given an option to add tags, with the option being below the title of the thread. Adding tags are not only beneficial to the forums but are also asked for as per the Community Guidelines of the forums.

As for the forums app, writing individual app specifically is not quite possible as it requires one to be skilled in this field of work and requires many resources to maintain it. However, as soon as one visits the forums, the person is asked if he/she wants to install the Tapatalk app, which, though I have no experience of, is said to be beneficial to the members accessing the forums.

As for notifications of threads one following, PMs and other such updates, they are already available on the forums via emails. For more information and to customize them, you can visit the Notification Options in your User CP / My Settings available by clicking on your username at the top of the forums. Any further method of notification may not be possible but suggestions are welcomed.

Welcome.

Not sure about the warning part though, if it was from the nsane.forums staff then the staff are here to enforce the rules and make sure everything is tidy and well placed, with everyone well behaved. However, if otherwise any member seem to have offended you or has broken the rules, you can always report that member's post.

As you may have noticed already, editing of threads and posts are freely allowed, however, to prevent abuse, only the staff can delete a members post, upon request by the member by reporting the post.

As you noticed already, editing of threads and posts are freely allowed, however, to prevent abuse, only the staff can delete a members post, upon request by the member by reporting the post.

I was directed here by Crazycanuk to read on another matter when I saw your reply (@DKT27). I am only interested in the last line above. I can see where that could become an issue. I fail to see what harm it could cause though if the post had no replys. Anyways as Crazycanuk knows I am bored and already logged in so I thought I would reply. :)

Edited by Dudley

• Administrator

As you noticed already, editing of threads and posts are freely allowed, however, to prevent abuse, only the staff can delete a members post, upon request by the member by reporting the post.

I was directed here by Crazycanuk to read on another matter when I saw your reply (@DKT27). I am only interested in the last line above. I can see where that could become an issue. I fail to see what harm it could cause though if the post had no replys. Anyways as Crazycanuk knows I am bored and already logged in so I thought I would reply. :)

There are many ways members might misuse the delete function. A member might make a abuse he/she might want to post and then get away by it be deleting the post.

@ DKT27

That was really above and beyond anything I was expecting in an answer.

I myself don't like to halve things either and try to be complete as possible.

You surly are a gifted soul and make the forum worth being a part of to me.

This old dog is learning new tricks, tech, info. all the time.

Thank you for your help in understanding some things.

May I PM you a question that I'm not sure if I want to post it here.

I've hit your button of your response to me. TY again

Edited by SURbit

• Administrator

@ DKT27

That was really above and beyond anything I was expecting in an answer.

I myself don't like to halve things either and try to be complete as possible.

You surly are a gifted soul and make the forum worth being a part of to me.

This old dog is learning new tricks, tech, info. all the time.

Thank you for your help in understanding some things.

May I PM you a question that I'm not sure if I want to post it here.

I've hit your button of your response to me. TY again

We always appreiate well behaved members, though that is not always found considering the diversity and varied exprience of different members.

There is no age for learning. Execpt those really small kids though, they should only play. :P

Sure you can, but my inbox is mostly full and I'm not always online so it may take long for me to reply. But yeah, always welcomed.

Again, thanks and welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, BALTAGY said:

How to add youtube player in a post or comment ?

Copy full Youtube link, not shortened one > paste > immediately after pasting, press enter > Wait a second. Done. The link will get auto embed.

Same applies for direct links to image files, no need to click buttons for it.

4 hours ago, BALTAGY said:
1 hour ago, DKT27 said:

Copy full Youtube link, not shortened one > paste > immediately after pasting, press enter > Wait a second. Done. The link will get auto embed.

Same applies for direct links to image files, no need to click buttons for it.

How to add youtube player in a post or comment ?

That worked! Thanks for the tip!

• 4 weeks later...