Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to show the created date/time of the topic when viewing unread content?

old version:

new version:

It would help knowing if the topic is old or new without actually opening it.

Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...
SnakeMasteR

Please shield the giveaway section strictly from warez by making it a rule that warez of any kind are not allowed in that forum section, no crossposting aswell.

So that those wanting to have valid and official licenses or installations and stuff get what they are looking for, when browsing that part of the forum.

• 4 weeks later...
VileTouch

here's the css for a little "scroll to top" button (not really scroll as it would require javascript, but it does the job)

<a href="#elLogo" id="gotoheaven" target="_self" rel="subsection"><i aria-hidden="true" class="fa fa-chevron-up">&#x200b;</i></a>

<style>
#gotoheaven {
	position: fixed;
	bottom: 10px;
	right: 15px;
	display: block;
	width: 50px;
	height: 50px;
	border-radius: 50%;
	background: rgba(0,0,0,.3);
	font-size: 30px;
	color: white;
	text-decoration: none;
	opacity: .4;
	transiton: opacity 1s;
	line-height: 38px;
	text-align: center;
}
#gotoheaven:hover {
    opacity: 1.0;
}
</style>

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestion for follow:
Please add an option to follow only new topics[threads] and which doesn't include comments[replies] or likes in categories and sub-categories. This will help improve notification system and remove crap/junk.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone posted this already, but I'd find very useful if you could also add the "go to first unread post" option in the Followed Content List.

Edited by Grabt03

my wish for nsane?

SSL

it irks me to no end to see a login form in an http page

it must have been suggested before, so take it as a reminder.

november_ra1n

I can not Edit to the started main topic page--- blank screen on the top of the topic and on the button there ıs no save topic notification to finalize:

OS: Win 10 x64 -- Browser: Google Chrome & Firefox latest --- Popup Blocker:Adguard for Windows latest.

Example topic:

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/260606-kaspersky-2016-mr1-1601445-final/

Screenshot:

Spoiler

Nkc4l5r.png

Edit & Update: Looks problem solved thanks to the admin solving the problem. : )

Edited by november_ra1n

• Administrator

Personal attacks are not allowed.  Keep it calm guys - especially when two people are in agree of each other. Some posts removed.

On 29/5/2016 at 5:31 AM, Grabt03 said:

I don't know if anyone posted this already, but I'd find very useful if you could also add the "go to first unread post" option in the Followed Content List.

Good point. I was not aware it is not present. If it is not, it will need to be added at IPB's level though.

22 hours ago, VileTouch said:

my wish for nsane?

SSL

it irks me to no end to see a login form in an http page

it must have been suggested before, so take it as a reminder.

I had mentioned one of the issues with HTTPS here and here.

39 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I had mentioned one of the issues with HTTPs here.

oh...well if the price is the issue, here's a couple i've used with no issues. since we're not really selling anything here, a digicert or symantec cert might be a bit overkill.

https://www.startssl.com

https://letsencrypt.org

there's CACert also free, but that one usually cause problems, so i'd stay away.

of course, if you feel more comfortable paying, there's namecheap for $11/yr (Comodo actually resells this one as PositiveSSL for $9/yr)

doesn't get any cheaper than that, sadly

Edited by VileTouch

• Administrator
1 hour ago, VileTouch said:

oh...well if the price is the issue, here's a couple i've used with no issues. since we're not really selling anything here, a digicert or symantec cert might be a bit overkill.

there's CACert also free, but that one usually cause problems, so i'd stay away.

of course, if you feel more comfortable paying, there's namecheap for $11/yr (Comodo actually resells this one as PositiveSSL for $9/yr)

Are you having any caching issues. Last time I heard caching was a problem in HTTPS I think.

13 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Are you having any caching issues. Last time I heard caching was a problem in HTTPS I think.

By default web browsers should cache content over HTTPS the same as over HTTP, unless explicitly told otherwise. even through cloudflare, though it does have a limit on what static content is cached (i'm sure you already knew this but it's worth noting), unless you're using railgun but why pay $200/month for a business account when a free one does the job?

also this and this should come in handy

filescloud
On 5/29/2016 at 7:42 PM, VileTouch said:

On 5/29/2016 at 9:19 PM, DKT27 said:

On 5/30/2016 at 11:42 AM, VileTouch said:

By default web browsers should cache content over HTTPS the same as over HTTP, unless explicitly told otherwise. even through cloudflare, though it does have a limit on what static content is cached (i'm sure you already knew this but it's worth noting), unless you're using railgun but why pay $200/month for a business account when a free one does the job?

also this and this should come in handy

Hi Everyone,

@VileTouch We have tried using let's encrypt & its quite simple to use it but still there's some issues with it sometimes.

@DKT27 Setting up & using cloudflare is quite easy then intalling any other certificate on the website.All you need is to verify the nameservers of the website & set them to propagate with cloudflare nameservers.After it you can handle your DNS Setting on cloudflare.Cloudflare have inbuilt catching & SSL Along with free plan & it'll give you a valid Comodo Certificate for your website. Cloudflare SSL Types are Explained here

You can set a page rule in cloudflare to force https on the website.But before doing it please make all protocol's https on the website (or else website design will be damaged untill all protocol's are https).

If there any help needed from our end we'll be happy to help :)

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Filescloud.co

Edited by filescloud

2s9pzc7.jpg

A third option:

Alow others to follow me, except...

Thus, we avoid to "punish" many because of a few...

8 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:

2s9pzc7.jpg

A third option:

Alow others to follow me, except...

Thus, we avoid to "punish" many because of a few...

ok, so if you want only one other user to follow you, then...what? you duplicate the whole _users array? (hint: that would be HUGE!)

9 hours ago, VileTouch said:

ok, so if you want only one other user to follow you, then...what? you duplicate the whole _users array? (hint: that would be HUGE!)

Well, I think I need to be more clear in my posts... -_-

Consider the following hypothesis:
You're a pain in the ass ( "few" in the context ) who lives dissing everything I post, but not enough to be banned. I would have the option to hinder your "fun" preventing you from following me...

Was I clear enough or is there something still hazy?!... Let me know...

9 hours ago, VileTouch said:

( ... ) HUGE!

Hint: Yelling can hurt your vocal cords... :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:

Well, I think I need to be more clear in my posts...-_-

Consider the following hypothesis
You're a pain in the ass ( "few" in the context ) who lives dissing everything I post, but not enough to be banned. I would have the option to hinder your " fun " preventing you from following me...

Was I clear enough or is there something still hazy?!... Let me know...

ok, but that's just one use case. (btw, i see you use some sort of alternate input method...interesting)but it could be abused...unknowingly, perhaps. i can see why that feature doesn't exist.
good news is that the "Ignore" feature does exist. if you put someone in your blacklist not only they will not be able to follow you, but you won't hear from them again either.
so there's that...

popcorn15.gif

• 2 months later...

As I see, you guys add Android link to AIMP page, so I wish you could also add mobile version or maybe just android link to foobar2000 page. Please also fix the description, the name should be foobar2000, not Foobar2000 :)

7 minutes ago, rach said:

As I see, you guys add Android link to AIMP page, so I wish you could also add mobile version or maybe just android link to foobar2000 page. Please also fix the description, the name should be foobar2000, not Foobar2000 :)

Changed to foobar2000 in the description. That mobile version seems to be in a preview stage for not registered users, also it is kind of covered with the all download page link given on the frontpage.

• Administrator

I must mention though, not so long ago, we added mobile or Android links to all the software listings who had an app for it on FP. However, there is a possibility that we might have missed some, if that is the case, please let us know about it.

I have questions, what the hell went wrong with this topic?

http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?/topic/276489-Hong-Kong's-elections-explained-in-five-insults

Basically, i've tried to edit the topic from phone, in the WYSIWYG editor, instead of WYSIWYG the topic is a bloody mess now, while it looked pretty okayish before i've sent it.

From Tapatalk it seems to be impossible to post with empty lines, it always ends in a block of text. I don't want to waste the majority of time in entering BBCode or HTML code manually in every post, there is a mobile theme for the forum, can't there be a easy or very basic editor for it too? ?

The way how it seems to work for phone is to put the shoddily formatted BBCode into the Source window by pressing it once, pressing it again translates to proper code and then it can be sent with proper formatting (see post #2). I don't think that is how it was intended to work?

Edited by n0_risk!

• 4 weeks later...

I wish members were notified when one of their posts are deleted, edited or changed in any way other than the original. Its the right thing to do.

• Administrator
15 hours ago, 46&2 said:

I wish members were notified when one of their posts are deleted, edited or changed in any way other than the original. Its the right thing to do.

In previous IPB versions, we had installed a plugin for it. This plugin used to send notifications to the members if their posts were deleted or moved. But this plugin is not to be found anymore. I'm sure IPB will look into adding this functionality in future major versions, as they worked a lot on the notifications in this version, it's obvious that they will try to work on it further by integrating such functions in it.

Having said, we normally let the members know if or when their posts are moved or removed, even for when editing, we leave a reason behind. So I do not see how big of an requirement is though.