ESET General Discussion

shought

• Administrator

If This Is Not the place to post this can someone tell me where i can post this Question?

This thread is fine in this case. :)

CresentChaos

If This Is Not the place to post this can someone tell me where i can post this Question?

This thread is fine in this case. :)

aww you removed to color :s xD anyhow o :] and any ideas why i have that problem?

Edited by CresentChaos

• Administrator

Is parental protection turned ON?

CresentChaos

Is parental protection turned ON?

yup i had Prental Protection on in Eset .___.

Please don't tell that it was that lol

Edited by CresentChaos

• Administrator

So that's your problem. :)

Lots of people reported problems with ESET 5's newly introduced Parental Control.

CresentChaos

So that's your problem. :)

Lots of people reported problems with ESET 5's newly introduced Parental Control.

Ok let me test it :D let's see whgat happens and thank you :P =-="

• Administrator

Welcome. Do let us know. :)

CresentChaos

Welcome. Do let us know. :)

Well Thank you bro, Pando works fine now :D :P didn't think it was going to be that at all, anyhow do you know how i can update my modules? Im using Pbz's fixer XD

• Administrator

Well Thank you bro, Pando works fine now :D :P didn't think it was going to be that at all, anyhow do you know how i can update my modules? Im using Pbz's fixer XD

Good to know. I'm not using ESET right now so it was just an experienced guess. :) Lets see if they fix things in ESET 6.

You can't update modules in PBZ or mara-'s fix as far as I know. Only ESET version update will give you new modules (not sure though). I'll prefer to go with giveaway licenses than any fixes on v5 as things have changed since release of 5. ;)

Hi all,

The system(s):

Ms XP Pro 32bits; 2 Gb RAM, proc 2 to 4 cores, all available upgrades, ...

NOD32 5.2.9.1, installs fine, updates fine, ...

NOD32 NOT installed, I have access to a freshly connected external USB HDD drive

Once NOD32 is installed, I don't have any access to a freshly connected external USB HDD drive; USB keys still works fine.

If try to connect an external USB HDD drive, nothing happens, but the PC slowy hangs: no acces to drives, after a few minutes of "clicking and entering" it becommes stuck.

You can't even soft reboot.

Back to a restauration point before NOD32's install, everything works fine again.

This issue should have been fixed with release 5.2.9.1, I think about some side effect of ... what?

Any idea or experience is welcome.

Regards

Escritoire

• Administrator

This issue should have been fixed with release 5.2.9.1, I think about some side effect of ... what?

Though haven't tested it myself, I don't think it's fixed. Open Advanced Settings and disable scanning of External/USB/Pen drives.

Hi all,

The system(s):

Ms XP Pro 32bits; 2 Gb RAM, proc 2 to 4 cores, all available upgrades, ...

NOD32 5.2.9.1, installs fine, updates fine, ...

NOD32 NOT installed, I have access to a freshly connected external USB HDD drive

Once NOD32 is installed, I don't have any access to a freshly connected external USB HDD drive; USB keys still works fine.

If try to connect an external USB HDD drive, nothing happens, but the PC slowy hangs: no acces to drives, after a few minutes of "clicking and entering" it becommes stuck.

You can't even soft reboot.

Back to a restauration point before NOD32's install, everything works fine again.

Any idea or experience is welcome.

Regards

Escritoire

Do you have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed?

Only with XP, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with Eset Nod or Smart Secuity V5 (also beta 6), interfer with each other when trying to use with a USB external hard drive. Remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will correct the problem.

grouchysmurf

Ok, first, I used MiNodlogin from front page just today and it worked...just fyi to anyone.

Now to the meat of the matter.....

Against my better judgement, one more time I have decided to try yet another av program.

eset nod32 antivirus v5.2.9.1

Set up, easy, medicine chosen...very easy....

I am searching, searching for what I now believe does not exist for me.

An av program, small, simple, with configurable rules/item restore...that does NOT need to use 100 frickin' percent of my damn cpu when it wants to do something.

I have stopped using Panda because their latest update seemed hell bent on melting my processor, and I tried every configuration I could think of.

So, for any Eset expert here, how do I configure eset to simply do "on demand" scanning, manual update only, and NOT do anything unless called upon?

I am asking for a recipe, not for an options walk thru. I know where the options are. And yes, when it decided to update virus data, I watched as it accessed 87% cpu power

Ok, first, I used MiNodlogin from front page just today and it worked...just fyi to anyone.

Now to the meat of the matter.....

Against my better judgement, one more time I have decided to try yet another av program.

eset nod32 antivirus v5.2.9.1

Set up, easy, medicine chosen...very easy....

I am searching, searching for what I now believe does not exist for me.

An av program, small, simple, with configurable rules/item restore...that does NOT need to use 100 frickin' percent of my damn cpu when it wants to do something.

I have stopped using Panda because their latest update seemed hell bent on melting my processor, and I tried every configuration I could think of.

So, for any Eset expert here, how do I configure eset to simply do "on demand" scanning, manual update only, and NOT do anything unless called upon?

I am asking for a recipe, not for an options walk thru. I know where the options are. And yes, when it decided to update virus data, I watched as it accessed 87% cpu power

Manual update: goto Tools,Scheduler, Edit 'Regular Automatic Update' set to run ONCE. After that time and date you set the Auto update will not run again.

i installed windows 8 professional x64 rtm 6.2.9200 yesterday, first time ive used it, then installed eset nod32 antivirus 5.2.9.1, with mara 1.6

windows 8 reports, the eset HIPS driver failed, and HIPS is reported disabled

could be a compatability issue with with windows 8

anyone else had this problem

Edgar.Elooo

i installed windows 8 professional x64 rtm 6.2.9200 yesterday, first time ive used it, then installed eset nod32 antivirus 5.2.9.1, with mara 1.6

windows 8 reports, the eset HIPS driver failed, and HIPS is reported disabled

could be a compatability issue with with windows 8

anyone else had this problem

Yes there is a compatability issue with windows 8 and ESS V6 RC.

• 2 months later...

Can someone explain wildcards in exclusions? I don't understand when to use ? and when to use *. I tried adding the following exclusion but ESET still deleted files from the folder:

?:\Downloads\Anti-Malware Programs\*.*

Does anyone know why ESET ignored my request and quarantined files anyway? Did I type something wrong?

unknownasphyxiated

Exclusion format

You can use wildcards to cover a group of files. A question mark (?) represents a single variable character whereas an asterisk (*) represents a variable string of zero or more characters.

Examples

If you wish to exclude all files in a folder, type the path to the folder and use the mask “*.*”.

To exclude an entire drive including all files and subfolders, use the mask "D:\*".

If you want to exclude doc files only, use the mask “*.doc“.

If the name of an executable file has a certain number of characters (and characters vary) and you only know the first one for sure (say “D”), use the following format: “D????.exe”. Question marks replace the missing (unknown) characters.

example

C:\Program Files\ESET\TNod User & Password Finder\*.*

C:\Downloads\Anti-Malware Programs\*.*

Edited by unknownasphyxiated

Exclusion format

You can use wildcards to cover a group of files. A question mark (?) represents a single variable character whereas an asterisk (*) represents a variable string of zero or more characters.

Examples

If you wish to exclude all files in a folder, type the path to the folder and use the mask “*.*”.

To exclude an entire drive including all files and subfolders, use the mask "D:\*".

If you want to exclude doc files only, use the mask “*.doc“.

If the name of an executable file has a certain number of characters (and characters vary) and you only know the first one for sure (say “D”), use the following format: “D????.exe”. Question marks replace the missing (unknown) characters.

example

C:\Program Files\ESET\TNod User & Password Finder\*.*

C:\Downloads\Anti-Malware Programs\*.*

Thank you! This is very helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a small problem with box, mara- fix v1.6: it seems that some modules are not updated correctly (or not at all). Have a look:

Virus signature database: 7644 (20121030)

Update module: 1040 (20120313)

Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1368 (20121016)

Advanced heuristics module: 1136 (20121017)

Archive support module: 1155 (20121015)

Cleaner module: 1058 (20121005)

Anti-Stealth support module: 1032 (20120806)

ESET SysInspector module: 1227 (20120927)

Translation support module: 1094 (20120928)

HIPS support module: 1058 (20121023)

Internet protection module: 1042 (20120709)

Database module: 1024 (20121016)

Does this fix screw the update process ???

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Rares

Hi,

I have a small problem with box, mara- fix v1.6: it seems that some modules are not updated correctly (or not at all). Have a look:

Thanks a lot.

This fix has been known to not update modules. Try using Purefix. I tested this and my modules updated fine.

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

This fix has been known to not update modules. Try using Purefix. I tested this and my modules updated fine.

...or use Tnod.....

Works fine

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

...or use Tnod.....

Works fine

People reported that TNOD has been acting up lately. Luckily, I got my license before the problems occured.