ESET General Discussion

shought

this is an ESET internet Security License file

Instructions:

1- temporary Disable real time file protection/HIPV/self defense (from main eset GUI go to setup then from lower right corner advanced setup then from the left panel go to detection engine)

2- press Win +R type msconfig

3- go to boot tab select minimal from safe boot apply and ok

4- unzip the license file

5- reboot into safe mode

6- go to C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\License

7- paste the license.lf there

8- Press win+R type msconfig

9- go to boot tab and untick/deselect safeboot

10 - reboot

you can enable real time file protection /HIPV/self defense etc ...

this key should work with you until January 17 2022

license.rar

Edited by bringi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know how to stop ESET from creating the large over 4gb LOG files. which are stored in a hidden file in programdata/eset

and yes i have turned off LOGGING.. and yet the file is still produced..

Also where are the installer files located after you have installed Eset.. as i just used the 90day resetter for it to reinstall version 14 when i had 15.0.18 installed..

license was 2 days left..

So going to download the new installer, and delete ALL other eset installers.

Dont know what i did.. but now  i cant install EIS at all.. error MSI.2203 and i've booted into safe mode and ran the uninstaller twice.

Edited by andy2004

4 hours ago, andy2004 said:

Anyone know how to stop ESET from creating the large over 4gb LOG files. which are stored in a hidden file in programdata/eset

and yes i have turned off LOGGING.. and yet the file is still produced..

Also where are the installer files located after you have installed Eset.. as i just used the 90day resetter for it to reinstall version 14 when i had 15.0.18 installed..

license was 2 days left..

So going to download the new installer, and delete ALL other eset installers.

Dont know what i did.. but now  i cant install EIS at all.. error MSI.2203 and i've booted into safe mode and ran the uninstaller twice.

Try this. I always use it to clean Eset installations and never failed to me.

Edited by Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4
File attached removed

Bl4ckCyb3rEnigm4

@anakin206

Attached file removed. Thank you for your contribution, but as per rules the files have to be hosted on external file hosting sites such as https://nsaneforums.com/topic/363634-list-of-file-sharing-hosts-to-use-on-nsaneforums/

Please host it on one of the file hosting sites listed in the link above.

Images can be hosted at websites such as imgur and PostImage. Files can be hosted at sites such as Datafilehost and Mirrocreator.

Don't matter about not being able to install eset... i screwed up my computer so bad that i didnt have admin right to the folders.. hence the reason it couldnt install.

then i ended up with my computer not being able to boot.. BSOD..
2 days later finally got my computer back up and running using a backup from 2017.. with nod 8 installed and now removed.
if your wondering why it took do days to do the recovery.. my bootable flash drive wouldn't boot.. which turn out be caused by the 2.5in usb hard drive connected.. then i couldnt actually access the backup file which was on a 3tb drive.. Hirens boot cd to the rescue and mini win7.. 

• 2 months later...

hi. for some reason i'm using eset only for Device Control. is it possible to completely disable it's connection to internet ? (no updates, no license check, ...)

• 9 months later...

Hello,

I installed NOD32 16.0.24.0 (64-bit) but it doesn't seem to work as it is constantly asking for a license key. I used to sign up for a business trial before that from their website but it seems that method doesn't work anymore since last month. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could kindly share a solution (as I don't want to uninstall and go back to Windows Defender anymore).

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone
I am a fan of ESET but the most recurring problem is the blocking of certain sites because of "SSL", I have to stop the protection each time to access them.

On 3/20/2023 at 4:22 AM, cyril2023 said:

Hello everyone
I am a fan of ESET but the most recurring problem is the blocking of certain sites because of "SSL", I have to stop the protection each time to access them.

you can easily bypass the website scan in via web protection 

*google.com*

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...