ESET General Discussion

shought

• 2 weeks later...

I installed nod32 antivirus with trial which is going to end soon. How long can i keep updating it with username and password available from various websites.

• Administrator

I installed nod32 antivirus with trial which is going to end soon. How long can i keep updating it with username and password available from various websites.

Have you tried the fixes available here?

Thanks for the links. :)

Generally trial software stop running or runs with limited functionality after trial ends.

If i use tnod or nodlogin can i use nod32 with full functionality and safely without uninstalling the current trial version or should i install it again. I used the live installer from eset website to install trial version

Edited by DesiPirate

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

ESET virus definition reached number 7000+. Lets celebrate. :P

Lets make it 7001... :showoff: :balloon: :towel:

What do I exclude so that the ESET on my computer doesn't scan my virtual machine in VMware Workstation?

Try to use the browse function from within the Exclusion function of NOD32 and you'll have the answer about the feasibility and the patch.

If i use tnod or nodlogin can i use nod32 with full functionality

The trial version of NOD32 comes with full functionality (with / without TNOD.) ;)

I keep getting an error message "An unsupported operation was attempted" whenever I try to change settings within Smart Security 5.0.95 (installed using Purefix 2.03). After I receive this message, the program UI freezes.

I have tried doing a fresh re-install (including uninstalling in safe mode). The virus signatures update fine but I am just unable to access or change advanced settings.

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

I keep getting an error message "An unsupported operation was attempted" whenever I try to change settings within Smart Security 5.0.95 (installed using Purefix 2.03). After I receive this message, the program UI freezes.

I have tried doing a fresh re-install (including uninstalling in safe mode). The virus signatures update fine but I am just unable to access or change advanced settings.

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/100801-eset-fixes/page__view__findpost__p__403853

• 4 weeks later...

What I wonder about Eset is the time between releases. I think they are moving resources to MAC and other devices and leaving Windows.

Not a big deal since the modules are updated but still, the v5 had only two releases so far. And there are some critical bugs.

Don't know.

Knightmare

What I wonder about Eset is the time between releases. I think they are moving resources to MAC and other devices and leaving Windows.

Not a big deal since the modules are updated but still, the v5 had only two releases so far. And there are some critical bugs.

Don't know.

What bugs?

• 2 weeks later...
Devinliabox

Hi, i have a Q......Im currently running Eset Endpoint Security RC, seems good , i have a trial key for one month, but was wondering if anyone would know if Tnod etc would work for this new version of Eset?

AlienForce1

Hi, i have a Q......Im currently running Eset Endpoint Security RC, seems good , i have a trial key for one month, but was wondering if anyone would know if Tnod etc would work for this new version of Eset?

NO -> TNOD gives you commercial and trial keys (for home)

Edited by AlienForce1

I get a problem when using BootICE to make USB bootable.

-Use BootICE - process MBR - Install NT5X (NT6X) to MBR

-Use BootICE - process PBR - Install Gru4dos to PBR

Scan boot sector with Eset Smart Security 5 (or 4): unknown boot sector virus

I try scan with virustotal.com: only Nod32 detect boot sector virus.

Why??

Devinliabox

NO -> TNOD gives you commercial and trial keys (for home)

Thanks for letting me know, anychance you know if someone will come out with a Tnod type app for this AV?

I'm using Eset AV now and have a question.

Under Web access and anti-phishing protection, there's Active Mode. I have a lot of programs that can be set to Active Mode instead of Passive Mode.

Is it a good idea to do that, as it doesn't select it automatically? What should be in Active and what shouldn't? Is there much difference?

I'm using Eset AV now and have a question.

Under Web access and anti-phishing protection, there's Active Mode. I have a lot of programs that can be set to Active Mode instead of Passive Mode.

Is it a good idea to do that, as it doesn't select it automatically? What should be in Active and what shouldn't? Is there much difference?

Should just leave it the way it is which is uncheck. Only check a particular item on it if Eset is blocking the program from accessing the website or online.

AlienForce1

:huh:

You should check for those applications that you want them to be scanned more careful - for ex. IE , uTorrent , Outlook , Word ...

(at least this is the way I use nod32 , and I didn`t ever have any complains)

(by default nod32 leaves programs unchecked for greater compatibility - and less possible conflicts)

• Administrator

Don't check uTorrent/similar for extra web scanning though. Guaranteed to slow your browsing and torrents download down. Infact, uTorrent forums recommend ESET not scanning any web traffic from uTorrent (scanning the files should be normal/fine, just not traffic)

AlienForce1

Don't check uTorrent/similar for extra web scanning though. Guaranteed to slow your browsing and torrents download down. Infact, uTorrent forums recommend ESET not scanning any web traffic from uTorrent (scanning the files should be normal/fine, just not traffic)

It`s possible that you are right - but I didn`t notice any slow-downs -> I have ~50-70MB/s download from internet browser (in speedtest.net) , and when I download (or upload) in uTorrent I have ~500KB - to 7MB/s depending from were are the peers ... (all these values on laptop connected thru wireless router) :)

Edited by AlienForce1

Eset Nod32 Crack and Update Utility Version 3

*** First once Run this program in ((Safe Mode)) to Disable ((Nod Self Defence)) then Click Crack Button.

*** Crack Just work for nod32 version 5 .

*** Offline Update work on All nod32 version.

With this program you can make online updates of your antivirus updated node

* Windows XP should run this program on 2 Net Framework. Do not install on Windows 7

* crack Only nod version 5 and version 4 on performance and does not need

Cracking Windows Safe Mode for the first time cut and run programs to crack after you get off Self Defence

* Run this crack:

1 - nod 5 will be permanently active

2 - The server will nod that is permanent and requires no user

3 - I'm ninety, in a red state

4 - The active node is not updated

5 - updated online by

Site: http://www.s3.picofile.com

Sharecode: /file/7388427090/Eset_Nod32_Crack_and_Update_Utility_Version_3.zip.html [?]

Site: http://www.mediafire.com

Sharecode: /?469axbvr0r3lxz8 [?]

pass=1

Edited by pars
Sharecoded the link. Please read the Community Guidelines (top right) for more info.

I uninstalled ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5.0.95 (64bit).

Rebooted.

Installed ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.2.9.12 en started box, mara-fix v1.6.

The fix did not do the trick for me.

At the end of the fix, i got this error: Not Online!.

Well i was online.

So i quess the fix seems the have soms troubles.

I am back to ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5.0.95 and fixed it with mara-fix v1.5 or it was v1.4.

Anyone else problems with the new fix?

Edited by CrACKzONE

• 1 month later...
CresentChaos

Hey guys I have a problem, and i don't know that the hell it is. For Some Reason Eset SS is blocking all access to Pando and Akami D: and also stops alot of other stuff like game downloaders and picture uploads and alot of other things.. I don't know how to fix Or even know how to solve this problem. Before You ask, yes I put Them on the exeption list on both Firewalls, I also turned all protection Off to see if that was the problem but it wasnt o,O. Anyhow I uninstalled Nod32 ESS and everythign started working fine again.... Any Ideas what it could have been??

If This Is Not the place to post this can someone tell me where i can post this Question?

Edited by DKT27
Changed the text's colour to make it readable.