ESET General Discussion

shought

no and no

both use the same method by locking the trial license registry entries

its like forever trial fix

so i don't need to activate product i will just receive the update as esset would be thinking that im using a trial version?correct me if i'm wrong i'm not an eset user normally use several crack for norton,avast,avg etc.

unknownasphyxiated

yes,you will receive virus database update but not module update

this happen due to ESET not update trial server with latest module for v5

if you got problem with bug etc,try TNOD (download from frontpage)

its insert license to ESET so you will get both module and virus database update

*HotFix* update module 5.0.95.0 is provided by Eset customer support to resolve an issue where a system freezes and becomes unusable when an external usb hard drive is connected. They state this should not be installed or used if you have not experienced this issue. I have no issues with 5.0.94.0. I have a usb hard drive and thumb drive connected as well as sata.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2854&ref=wsf

Edited by Smoore

no and no

both use the same method by locking the trial license registry entries

its like forever trial fix

Well my forever trial says it expires in 2017.

• Administrator

I remember Avast allowing/not blacklisting a pirated license just to check how many people used it.

hi , my HIPS got disabled. i tried repairing. but still it is disabled.. how to enable it.. help me..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by rajeesh

• 2 weeks later...

any link for the latest nodlogin? mine is Nodlogin 10.0.4 ... it says there is an update available. . it just popped up yesterday..

i feel so lucky when i see all this problems u have guys.....btw tnod .1.4.1 for pass and username rules

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have a problem with eav v5 where EGUI.exe starts using 50% cpu and nothing happens with right click on icon and window won't open? Other than that problem it runs fine and would like to stay with it if possible. As of now logging off or reboot is only fix.

Running XP Pro SP3

By the way it can happen after a few hours but mostly after a day or 2 of uptime.

Problem solved, installed Windows 7, lol.

Edited by ugatme

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to install ESET NOD32 AV (Win7 -64 bit) on a single computer which already has Comodo Firewall.

I do not plan to install on a server.

Are there any other uniqueu features with the Business vs Home version?

Edited by viking

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for a trivial question, but I have not been able to find an answer;

I am using ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.

I would like to restore a file from the Quarantine, and exclude it from future real-time detection and scans.

However, the right-click option, "restore and exclude from scanning" is grayed out... How can I use this option?

@Viking,

Just restore the file and manually Exclude them.

The "restore and exclude from scanning" option is a much more convenient 1-click method. Why is it grayed out?

To do it manually, I need to:

1. Disable the Antivirus

2. Restore the file

3. Browse for the restored file

4. Exclude it

5. Enable Antivirus again

Edited by viking

Sorry for a trivial question, but I have not been able to find an answer;

I am using ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.

I would like to restore a file from the Quarantine, and exclude it from future real-time detection and scans.

However, the right-click option, "restore and exclude from scanning" is grayed out... How can I use this option?

Was the file on a removable device? Edited by Knightmare

I think its grayed out because it's a lock file but im not sure. Some files can only be restore and some can restore and excluded. And yes thats the step you have to do to manual exclude.

Was the file on a removable device?

Nope. On my hard drive.

I think its grayed out because it's a lock file but im not sure. Some files can only be restore and some can restore and excluded. And yes thats the step you have to do to manual exclude.

One of the files that were quarantined was Tnod. Couldn't "restore and exclude from scanning". However, the same held true for some other files in the quarantine as well..... Edited by viking