ESET General Discussion

shought

Hi... How can i add exception or block a specific .exe program using Eset smart security firewall (version 5) x64-win7 with purefix.....in comodo firwall there is an option that let me navigate through my programs folder and chose any to block .

On ESS 6 main menu: (5 should be the same)

Setup

Enter advanced setup

Computer

Antivirus and antispyware

Exclusions

Add

Now click to the folder that contains the files you wish to run without exceptions.

--------------------------------

For Firewall app blocking:

Setup

Enter advanced setup

Network

Rules and zones

Click Setup in Zone and rule editor, Window will popup (may take a minute)

In Rule section, click new

Window opens at General

Click Local

Browse for the app

Go back to General and verify Action to Deny, Allow or Ask.

Name: enter a name for this rule

Click OK

-----------------------------------

For the Firewall, if you cannot adjust the Rules and zones, you may need to the the Personal Firewall Filtering Mode to Interactive Mode.

Edited by Mt.Man

Hi... How can i add exception or block a specific .exe program using Eset smart security firewall (version 5) x64-win7 with purefix.....in comodo firwall there is an option that let me navigate through my programs folder and chose any to block .

-----------------------------------

For the Firewall, if you cannot adjust the Rules and zones, you may need to the the Personal Firewall Filtering Mode to Interactive Mode.

thanks,mt.man.....there is also options in the list for blocking in firewall it is tcp&udp...protocol....what are those for ?do i need to change them?

Are you using ESS and COMODO, together? :think:

magician369

i used to use them both in a the past together(comodo firewall for blocking some programs),but now i installed a fresh win7 ,and i want to use only eset,because it can do the same thing.

Edited by magician369

i used to use them both in a the past together(comodo firewall for blocking some programs),but now i installed a fresh win7 ,and i want to use only eset,because it can do the same thing.

Just set your firewall to Interactive Mode on ESS. You can then control which programs connect to the internet.

• 4 weeks later...

when I use box mara 1.6 or 1.7 the error on eset will display like this " PARENTAL CONTROL IS FILTERING ONLY PARTIALLY ". It happen when I enable parental control. Any solution ?

lately my EAV 6 takes almost 100% of my cpu usage , i see on task mgr "ekrn.exe"(eset service) is the problem, what's wrong with that, should i reinstall EAV 6 ? it has been slowing down my pc for 2 days

any help would be highly appreciated

• Administrator

lately my EAV 6 takes almost 100% of my cpu usage , i see on task mgr "ekrn.exe"(eset service) is the problem, what's wrong with that, should i reinstall EAV 6 ? it has been slowing down my pc for 2 days

1. Try disabling HIPS.

2. Open ESET main window > Tools > Protection Statistics. Now check if it's continuously scanning any particular files - if you think the file is continuously scanning a file and that file is safe, try excluding that file in ESET.

1. Try disabling HIPS.

2. Open ESET main window > Tools > Protection Statistics. Now check if it's continuously scanning any particular files - if you think the file is continuously scanning a file and that file is safe, try excluding that file in ESET.

:yes: Excellent explanation, for specific instructions. :naughty:

1. Try disabling HIPS.

sorry i didn't tell at the first place, i also can not open any web page and yes i have checked on protection statistic it keeps scanning one to another file, none of the file scan continously , (Hips was disabling long time ago) :(

The error on eset will display like this " PARENTAL CONTROL IS FILTERING ONLY PARTIALLY " due to license issue. Please re-enter your license credentials or try again later. It happen when I enable parental control.

MY ESES SS 6 detect virus from USB drive but didn't have clean option..

when I manual scan usb drive, detect virus but after scan,, there is no clean virus option..

unknownasphyxiated

The error on eset will display like this " PARENTAL CONTROL IS FILTERING ONLY PARTIALLY " due to license issue. Please re-enter your license credentials or try again later. It happen when I enable parental control.

if you got problem with parental control using mara-fix, then maybe it is better to use Tnod

i never use mara-fix in v5 or v6

when I manual scan usb drive, detect virus but after scan,, there is no clean virus option..

you run the scan through gui or right click?

if you use right click,you need to choose "clean with eset"

you run the scan through gui or right click?

if you use right click,you need to choose "clean with eset"

clean with eset?? how?

• Administrator

@7boy: No idea why.

clean with eset?? how?

right click > clean with eset smart security

Right click ON the USB drive in My Computer. ;)

clean with eset?? how?

@7boy: No idea why.

clean with eset?? how?

Right click ON the USB drive in My Computer. ;)

Sa97bQg.png

ok nice.. but need to select 1 by 1..

unknownasphyxiated

ok nice.. but need to select 1 by 1..

look here on how to change eset action when detect infection

you need to choose on demand computer scan instead of real time file system protection

i can't find the exact page on how to do it for on demand scanner but i think this is enough to guide you

i dunno if it will save the file into quarantine but usually it will

• 1 month later...
haylazmask

I installed it at a computer with no internet connection. How can I update its virus database offline?

I installed it at a computer with no internet connection. How can I update its virus database offline?

ESET OFFLINE UPDATE 8300 [06.05.2013]

Site: http://turbobit.net

Sharecode[?]: /download/folder/1436700

Edited by 7h3Pr3d47oR

• Administrator

Uninstalled ESET, computer hanging problems gone. Install it back, computer starts hanging again. HIPS disabled, stuff added to exclusions, etc.