ESET Fixes

shought

I've been using ESET AV for several years, probably more than 5, and lately it has been harder and harder to get the license finders to work properly. Then the other day I discovered that the current version of ESET was causing my machine to perform poorly so I had to uninstall it. Rather that reinstall right away, I just figured, what the heck why don't I give the free Microsoft Security Essentials a try. So I did and I'm pleased to find that my (W7 x64 i7 6GB ram) machine is running a lot faster and smoother now. Like it's been turbo charged or something. That was sure a surprise. MSE seems real light on resource usage and it appears to have pretty good (but not fantastic) overall testing results. But I think it may be "good enough" for me, in combination with Comodo Firewall. So I'm going to be giving it an extended test drive to see how it works out for a while. There are a few things I'm not going to miss about ESET AV, but time will tell if I end up coming back to it or not.

• Replies 1k
  • Views 150.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to like ESET but fixes are not very effective nowdays. It usually messes up after 1 week or so. This is my opinion but most people seem to like it.

• Administrator

box, mara- fix and ESET Purefix works fine. :)

And even if you don't want a fix, just use the trial username and password we post on the frontpage in ESET's listing. They last for 30 days and never get blacklisted. ^_^

I used to like ESET but fixes are not very effective nowdays. It usually messes up after 1 week or so. This is my opinion but most people seem to like it.

No problems here, either with the PurplebeanZ or mara- fixes. Do let's know what's the issue you're having. ;).

Don't know what the problem is, been using Minodlogin for sometime now and it always comes thru when needed.

I've been using ESET AV for several years, probably more than 5, and lately it has been harder and harder to get the license finders to work properly. Then the other day I discovered that the current version of ESET was causing my machine to perform poorly so I had to uninstall it. Rather that reinstall right away, I just figured, what the heck why don't I give the free Microsoft Security Essentials a try. So I did and I'm pleased to find that my (W7 x64 i7 6GB ram) machine is running a lot faster and smoother now. Like it's been turbo charged or something. That was sure a surprise. MSE seems real light on resource usage and it appears to have pretty good (but not fantastic) overall testing results. But I think it may be "good enough" for me, in combination with Comodo Firewall. So I'm going to be giving it an extended test drive to see how it works out for a while. There are a few things I'm not going to miss about ESET AV, but time will tell if I end up coming back to it or not.

omg.. dude MSE sux big time, you can't compare ESET to that shit imo...

NodLogin was the bomb a few years back yeah, but now these days mara and PurplebeanZ are definitely fucking KING!!

There's absolutely no better fix outthere...

NSANE ftw...

I just wanna ask a simple question...

How can i uninstall box, mara-fix v1.3 ?? (so that I could apply/install v1.4) (sorry i'm lazy reading the whole thread) advance thanks for the help!

i'm using WinXP pro SP2 (x86)

• Administrator

I just wanna ask a simple question...

How can i uninstall box, mara-fix v1.3 ?? (so that I could apply/install v1.4) (sorry i'm lazy reading the whole thread) advance thanks for the help!

i'm using WinXP pro SP2 (x86)

You will have to disable eset self defense, unfix box, mara- fix, fix with the new version and enable self defense again.

NP. Always ask when in doubt. :)

Me too.. I changed my av to ESS and I must say that it's pretty light on low system. Thrown away Avira Premium since the internet conn. gone mad and crawling like a nail. I used PurplebeanZ's fix btw... :)

I think eset is almost perfect, the only bad thing would be the "memory management" is a bit high about 70MB is not much realy but there are Securite sute which only uses 20-30mb.

But anyway, I also use eset because it is so smooth, well protected and free of course PurplebeanZ I look in your direction hehe.

I think eset is almost perfect, the only bad thing would be the "memory management" is a bit high about 70MB is not much realy but there are Securite sute which only uses 20-30mb.

But anyway, I also use eset because it is so smooth, well protected and free of course PurplebeanZ I look in your direction hehe.

Don't forget mara's fix dude... ;)

Works awesome too!! :D

Don't forget mara's fix dude... ;)

Works awesome too!! :D

Yes you are absolutely right, "mara/box fix" also works well :)

If perchance ESET releases an version update for 2.70.39 - I'm sure many NOD32 Users will experience multiple orgasms. :hehe:

If perchance ESET releases an version update for 2.70.39 - I'm sure many NOD32 Users will experience multiple orgasms. :hehe:

Im currently using it and I just want to have it on my PC cause I really like the GUI and being light in the system. If perchance your saying ESET will release an update version of it. I will have a full pleasure of it and be on ORGASMIC state :wub: for a long time.Hehehehe....

Archived