ESET Fixes

shought

You have to disable (remove) it and re-enable it, it actually notifies you of this after you fix ESET ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Views 150.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purplebean fix stopped updating on the 24th and when I try to get it to update I get msg window for username/password. Do I need to reinstall this fix or what, thaks.

Works perfectly fine over here... I believe (not 100% sure) the actual method to fix ESET is the exact same the box, mara-fix applies, the only difference is the moment of fixing, which in this case eliminates the need to disable Self defense.

You might want to try entering eset as username and password, that was the recommended course of action for when this happened with the box, mara-fix ;)

Had been working since the first patch purple put out but just stopped before holliday, tried the link prvided and it downloaded the new updates. Thanks for the help heath28 and others.

Had been working since the first patch purple put out but just stopped before holliday, tried the link prvided and it downloaded the new updates. Thanks for the help heath28.

Glad to be of assistance.. if this one ever goes.. try the link above that DKT27 posted... for the evaluation servers..

PurplebeanZ bro thanks for great fix

but i don't liked patching eugi.exe

if you dont like patch egui........delete in safe mode egui.exe and rename egui.bak to exe....but patching egui is nice

What's the difference between the "patched egui" and the "original egui"?

*EDIT*

Never mind

I saw with Ultracompare that the difference is about the "remaining ... days", "trial period" and "purchase full version" messages

What's the difference between the "patched egui" and the "original egui"?

*EDIT*

Never mind

I saw with Ultracompare that the difference is about the "remaining ... days", "trial period" and "purchase full version" messages

patched egui has the trial text '31 Days Trial Remaining' removed :)

looks much nicer when patched egui.exe. This process does not affect the level of protection, like you feel you use full version, while not put keys. B) :dance2:

PurplebeanZ

Can you patch "eguiUpdate.dll" (to remove trailwatermark from the "Update" tab) and add it to your fix?

there is a a way to do it without getting the unloaded update tab problem.

also are you planning a new version of your fix that ask for administrator rights immediatly?

PurplebeanZ

Can you patch "eguiUpdate.dll" (to remove trailwatermark from the "Update" tab) and add it to your fix?

I don't have this trial watermark in my 'Update' tab - can you post a screenshot? :unsure:

dcs18

1)

Posted Image

2) there is also an "Upgrade" to full version" button (if you click F5 and go to the "Update tab) but that is another story.

3) also it will be better if its fix ask for administrator rights immediately when launched.

Well I get this error, I have followed the readme, and also installed eset several times but with the same error.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Could you please give me a bit of info on your setup -

Which version of ESS are you installing?

x86 or x64

Have you used any other fixes before?

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Have you tried right clicking and running 'as Administrator' ?

PurplebeanZ

also are you planning a new version of your fix that ask for administrator rights immediatly?

Hi thanks for the suggestions :),

1)The eguiUpdate issue is currently being worked on.

2)I will try and add an administrator prompt in the next version.

dcs18

1)

kaspersky, I still don't see the 'trial' watermark. :nono:

2) there is also an "Upgrade" to full version" button (if you click F5 and go to the "Update tab) but that is another story.

That's because it functions like a 'Trial Resetter' that does not register your copy of ESET. ;)

3) also it will be better if its fix ask for administrator rights immediately when launched.

Meanwhile, you can also personalize that for yourself:- :)

<Right click the fix> >>----> <click> 'Properties >>----> <click the> 'Compatibility' <tab> >>----> <check> 'Run this program as an administrator.' 8)

@robalm

Did you have ESET installed before with the box, mara-fix?

If so you might have to go in your registry and manually remove some keys.

@PurplebeanZ

You could maybe automate this check in your fix:

- Check for ESET registry key (the important one only).

- Remove it.

(I had to do this to get your fix to work on my installation. I unfixed ESET (box, mara-fix), uninstalled ESET, rebooted, tried your fix (+ launch ESET install), didn't work, removed some ESET registry keys, tried your fix (+ launch ESET install) and then it did work.)

Archived