ESET Fixes

shought

• Replies 1k
  • Views 150.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I get this error, I have followed the readme, and also installed eset several times but with the same error.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Could you please give me a bit of info on your setup -

Which version of ESS are you installing?

x86 or x64

Have you used any other fixes before?

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Have you tried right clicking and running 'as Administrator' ?

PurplebeanZ

Can you patch "eguiUpdate.dll" (to remove trailwatermark from the "Update" tab) and add it to your fix?

there is a a way to do it without getting the unloaded update tab problem.

also are you planning a new version of your fix that ask for administrator rights immediatly?

Hi thanks for the suggestions :),

1)The eguiUpdate issue is currently being worked on.

2)I will try and add an administrator prompt in the next version.

1. Ess 4.2.67.10

2. x64

3 No

4 No, i have not tryed safemode

5 Yes i always do :)

@robalm

Did you have ESET installed before with the box, mara-fix?

If so you might have to go in your registry and manually remove some keys.

@PurplebeanZ

You could maybe automate this check in your fix:

- Check for ESET registry key (the important one only).

- Remove it.

(I had to do this to get your fix to work on my installation. I unfixed ESET (box, mara-fix), uninstalled ESET, rebooted, tried your fix (+ launch ESET install), didn't work, removed some ESET registry keys, tried your fix (+ launch ESET install) and then it did work.)

I did a clean Windows 7 x64 install, than i open "purefix" and press enable, and istalled eset.

I did a clean Windows 7 x64 install, than i open "purefix" and press enable, and istalled eset.

That's odd...

Try running it as Admin?

That's odd...

Try running it as Admin?

Yes sir :)

That's odd...

Try running it as Admin?

Are you trying now, or did you already try and it didn't work?

More of a guy, rather than a sir :P

ps what do you guys think of the disco-quotes? :rolleyes:

That's odd...

Try running it as Admin?

Are you trying now, or did you already try and it didn't work?

More of a guy, rather than a sir :P

ps what do you guys think of the disco-quotes? :rolleyes:

I have tried a few times now, but always get the same error.

Here is how i do:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is odd...

If you'd like to fix it as soon as possible I recommend you to use the box, mara-fix, if that does work for you :)

Maybe PurplebeanZ could look into this some more?

This is odd...

If you'd like to fix it as soon as possible I recommend you to use the box, mara-fix, if that does work for you :)

Maybe PurplebeanZ could look into this some more?

Well I've Actually used the "box, mara-fix" for a while now (and it works great), but the thought of giving "PurplebeanZ" one chance too:)

Anyway thanks for the help, and for some good software:)

please activate with purpleanZ fix in safe mode after finished installation of eset ;)

Both fixes work on same way B)

Have you tried the old version.. and are there ANY other fixes installed on your system or patches.. since the installation of your operating system..

unknownasphyxiated

I followed the info and ran the "purpleanZ" in safe mode, after i installed Eset, but got the exact same error.

try uninstall eset then use this ESETUninstaller

this will clean up all leftover

then try reinstall eset

I followed the info and ran the "purpleanZ" in safe mode, after i installed Eset, but got the exact same error.

Probably, you are using "Mustafa" Edition of windows 7! :lol:

This is quite a strange one. The only reason it would fail there is if it could not set the registry permissions.

Could you please open regedit, expand HKLM\Software\ESET\ESET Security\Current Version then right click the 'Info' key and click permissions -> advanced and post a screenshot?

Would be a big help :)

Windows 7 RTM Untouched--->

File Name: sv_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65962.iso SHA1: E2C4E0F5C071BC21E463BD6F965D049D2E210D61 ISO/CRC: 80251FE7

I have used "total uninstall", and tried again with no luck.

This is quite a strange one. The only reason it would fail there is if it could not set the registry permissions.

Could you please open regedit, expand HKLM\Software\ESET\ESET Security\Current Version then right click the 'Info' key and click permissions -> advanced and post a screenshot?

Np :)

Posted Image

]

Np :)

thanks :) well everything is as it should be there so the fix has actually worked. The failure message appears to be a false report possibly caused by the langauge difference - I will investigate this

@robalm

Could you confirm that the trial period is actually frozen (so just a cosmetic error)?

ps nice of you to stick around and do some more research :)

File Name: sv_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65962.iso SHA1: E2C4E0F5C071BC21E463BD6F965D049D2E210D61 ISO/CRC: 80251FE7

funny though, I had use Total Uninstall to uninstall previous EAV only and re-install using Purplebeanz fix with EAV without problem.

Total Uninstall remove previously fix without issue.

funny though, I had use Total Uninstall to uninstall previous EAV only and re-install using Purplebeanz fix with EAV without problem.

Total Uninstall remove previously fix without issue.

Ok, I have tried various methods, i even installed a clean "Windows 7" copy (and installed eset directly after), but with the same error.

Archived