ESET Fixes

shought

Hi Guys! Is it possible to update to new modules on the pre-release servers using a ESS that is fixed with either box,mara and purefix? Thanks!

• Replies 1k
  • Views 151k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PureFix stopped working for me again. Virus database wouldn't update.

So I uninstalled PureFix and ESET and reinstalled ESET with marafix this time around and it seems to work!

PureFix stopped working for me again. Virus database wouldn't update.

So I uninstalled PureFix and ESET and reinstalled ESET with marafix this time around and it seems to work!

I expect you will find you encounter the same problem with the mara fix, as both fixes work on the same core principal. Bear in mind that you are more likely to run into problems (or the illusion of problems) if you are one of the users who tries to constantly manually update - if you just leave it to do it's thing then it will update when it's good and ready :)

Hi, I just installed the x64 business edition of eset nod32 on a windows 2008 R2 SP1 server (test server on a virtual machine) intending to eventually replace a real world setup of symantec antivirus corporate edition server installed on a windows 2003 server. while the purefix did not work on the x64 business edition, the marafix apparently did work. i'm curious about a few things.

how does one ascertain that marafix actually is working ?

i understand i should use only one of the two, either the purefix or the marafix, but do i necessarily have to use nodlogin after applying one of the above?

or is sufficient to just apply either marafix or nodfix and you're good to go ?

thanks

I have used "mara fix v1.5" on version 4 of smart security is this any different then "box, mara-fix 1.4" ? Which is the latest version?

• Administrator

I have used "mara fix v1.5" on version 4 of smart security is this any different then "box, mara-fix 1.4" ? Which is the latest version?

mara fix is old. The newer versions are box, mara- fix. box, mara- fix v1.4 is the latest and it's recommended to use. :)

Hi, I just installed the x64 business edition of eset nod32 on a windows 2008 R2 SP1 server (test server on a virtual machine) intending to eventually replace a real world setup of symantec antivirus corporate edition server installed on a windows 2003 server. while the purefix did not work on the x64 business edition, the marafix apparently did work. i'm curious about a few things.

how does one ascertain that marafix actually is working ?

i understand i should use only one of the two, either the purefix or the marafix, but do i necessarily have to use nodlogin after applying one of the above?

or is sufficient to just apply either marafix or nodfix and you're good to go ?

thanks

You only need to apply the PureFix or the box, mara-fix (you should NOT use NodLogin on top of it ;)).

PurplebeanZ

Hi Guys! Is it possible to update to pre-release modules using a FIXED ESS? Thanks Guys!

Yes, I have just tried it and got a large update, and a message showing program modules have been updated. Rebooted and it's still fixed, and all cosmetic patches are still in place.

PurplebeanZ

Seems that updating to pre-release modules on default server is not possible with a fixed ESS

It seems to work ok for me :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm on 4.2.40 with MiNodLogin. How would I go about upgrading that to the newest version, and would I then be able to use NodLogin 10.0.3 with it?

Seems that updating to pre-release modules on default server is not possible with a fixed ESS

It seems to work ok for me :blink:

yup its working fine here too and im using box mara fix.

Just select that option in Nod and voilà :ph34r:

Hey guys, last couple of days eav has been blocking minodlogin 3.9.6.1 serial sites. Any word on this?

PureFix works at 1st but after about 2-4 weeks ESS falls back to "invalid user name/password". Disabling/enabling PureFix in the safe mode helps to make it working again. This happen on several different PCs already with the latest and the previous versions of ESS. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

• Administrator

PureFix works at 1st but after about 2-4 weeks ESS falls back to "invalid user name/password". Disabling/enabling PureFix in the safe mode helps to make it working again. This happen on several different PCs already with the latest and the previous versions of ESS. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

That's not a problem in PureFix (or box, mara- fix). :)

Here's the fix for the username/password problem.

ESET somehow converts itself from trial version to paid version. Hence the username/password prompt. Downloading the trial version update will fix the problem. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... after many many moons i've decided to revert back to eset and have just d/l eav 4.2.71.2 (not installed yet!) I got bored after about page ten and still couldnt figure out which would work best/most successfully! could someone point me in the direction of the least intrusive and most successful fix for this please.

Cheers in advance!!

PurplebeanZ

Ok... after many many moons i've decided to revert back to eset and have just d/l eav 4.2.71.2 (not installed yet!) I got bored after about page ten and still couldnt figure out which would work best/most successfully! could someone point me in the direction of the least intrusive and most successful fix for this please.

Cheers in advance!!

Well obviously I recommend purefix :lol:

Seriously though, if you are looking for a trial fix then purefix and box mara fix both work in the same way so it's a personal choice - the only difference is the cosmetic patching of the program (removing trial watermarks etc) and the install method.

If you are looking for a key inserter then I gather minodlogin is the one to use :)

Cheers in advance!!

Well obviously I recommend purefix :lol:

Seriously though, if you are looking for a trial fix then purefix and box mara fix both work in the same way so it's a personal choice - the only difference is the cosmetic patching of the program (removing trial watermarks etc) and the install method.

If you are looking for a key inserter then I gather minodlogin is the one to use :)

Hmmm ok thanks for reply, still unsure tho, may just stick with avast free, or even avira again???? like bein in the sweet shop wiv a sh*t loada money on me

Archived