Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

Guys, i just checked my profile: i have only 1 follower too!:P

Staff/Mods/Admins has nothing to do with that. it's a bug in the system i guess

So, please, just wait some time untill an admin take a look at it.

• Replies 895
  • Views 79.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

Now I just clicked like / thanks and a window popped up saying I wasn't allowed to give reputation to that member...

Things are getting weird...

Notification system also has problems... I was notified @knowledge  likes my post above... but despite @Akaneharuka have done the same , nothing...

1 minute ago, WALLONN7 said:

Notification system also has problems... I was notified @knowledge  likes my post above... but despite @Akaneharuka have done the same , nothing...

I can see @knowledge's "like" of your post, but problems with notifications are not new.

They were reported by me as problem #2  initially here and then in following messages (also in those that disappeared last night)

2 minutes ago, mona said:

I can see @knowledge's "like" of your post, but problems with notifications are not new.

They were reported by me as problem #2  initially here and then in following messages (also in those that disappeared last night)

It's reinforced now...

The forum seems to be living the snowball effect...

Same here  i have no followers I guess  it happened to  everyone  but by far not the worse bug i ever came a cross  on here . :P

2 minutes ago, PriSim said:

Followers are gone :(

Maybe you have turned off this feature by mistake?
There cannot be the case, that for one user it works and for the other not.

davendranath

Yes  sir now I have one follower Thanks

10 minutes ago, davendranath said:

Yes  sir now I have one follower Thanks

So, then it means, that everything working correctly.

hellosunshine260
34 minutes ago, Kalju said:

So, then it means, that everything working correctly.

Even a broken clock is correct 2 times every day. Is Nsane Forums that clock?

november_ra1n

Can Not Edit some of my topic front page:

=================================

When I click to Edit there is long empty space head of front topic and on the button there ıs no Preview - Edit Topic appear for me to hit &  finalize...

Spoiler

pevqUl3.png

List of some of my topics I need to edit regularly.

Kaspersky Internet Security for Android 11.11.4.761
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/180518-kaspersky-internet-security-for-android-11114761/?page=1

Kaspersky 2016 MR1 16.0.1.445 Final
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/260606-kaspersky-2016-mr1-1601445-final/?page=1

Office 2016 RTM [Activation Via Phone Or KMS]
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/252378-office-2016-rtm-activation-via-phone-or-kms/?page=1

Windows 8.1 RTM [Activation Via Phone Or KMS, Download & Repository]
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/213138-windows-81-rtm-activation-via-phone-or-kms-download-repository/?page=1

Microsoft Office 2013 SP1 RTM [Activation Via Phone Or KMS, Download & Repository]
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/213132-microsoft-office-2013-sp1-rtm-activation-via-phone-or-kms-download-repository/?page=1

Adguard [PC - Android - Browser Extension]
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/238870-adguard-pc-android-browser-extension/?page=1

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 With Update
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/185936-microsoft-windows-server-2012-r2-with-update/

Can someone have a look at those links and try to help me -- Thanks before...

Edit: Short the trouble out by myself vıa deleting all code tags from every topic front pages....

Just now, november_ra1n said:

Can Not Edit some of my topic front page:

=================================

When I click to Edit there is long empty space head of front topic and on the button there ıs no Preview - Edit Topic appear for me to hit &  finalize...

Reveal hidden contents

List of some of my topics I need to edit regularly.

Can someone have a look at those links and try to help me -- Thanks before...

i just tested editing your topics but i couldn't reproduce your issue. it worked fine for me.

Members reported above some bugs. Maybe your issue is another one.

Please retry to edit your threads now.

If i can help in any way, just let me know.

november_ra1n
14 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

i just tested editing your topics but i couldn't reproduce your issue. it worked fine for me.

Not working with Firefox or Chrome not even when I disable adblocker.

People That Follow Me I See..! People that I Follow I need to see.. :dunno::rockon:

19 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

Do not worry,  works perfectly with all well-known browsers. Including all Firefox versions.

2 minutes ago, fl0ppyd1scours3 said:

People That Follow Me I See..! People that I Follow I need to see.. :dunno::rockon:

Go to http://www.nsaneforums.com/followed/

• Administrator

Thanks for the reports. The followers lost problem is confirmed, we are looking into it.

Personal request, when you report problems or bugs, have some patience. Finding and fixing problems is not easy and is time consuming. Sometimes even out of our hand. Problems and bugs do not and cannot get fixed immediately when they are reported here.

12 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Thanks for the reports. The followers lost problem is confirmed, we are looking into it.

Please note that your reply doesn't calm nsaners since it is already been confirmed by most nsaners. Please provide the timeline for find and fix for this follower bug. Also, mention whether the followers will be restored automatically after fix or it is lost completely and do nsaners need to regain followers eventually each one of them?

12 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Personal request, when you report problems or bugs, have some patience. Finding and fixing problems is not easy and is time consuming. Sometimes even out of our hand. Problems and bugs do not and cannot get fixed immediately when they are reported here.

Yes, I do know and hence after mona reported, I didn't report again after checking my profile and I lost the only one follower.

I've personally sent messages to Admins, Staff & Mod whenever I found new bugs and saw reported bugs here which were not part of IPB 3.x.x Final. However, Admins replied the new IPB version is much better with new features and all earlier IPB versions had many bugs and they've been fixed before they become more stable. Also, they acknowledge that IPB is worse in fixing bugs and with every upgrade, they create more bugs than existed. When asked about switching to another platform provider, they are not even ready for it and blaming investment and time. I have suggested them to get help from good coders in nsane to create our own platform and ask for donations like they did before. However, no reply yet about implementation.
Note: Please don't take me wrong. I never share personal messages in thread comments until I find the replies to PM are from deaf ears.

On behalf of all nsaners, the forum experience is awful after the IPB upgrade to 4.x.x. We are getting more and more bugs, missing features,.... and most of them needs to be fixed by IPB. We were peaceful and enjoying more required features with the final version of IPB 3.x.x.

5 hours ago, DKT27 said:

We lost followers  lists the SECOND time in short time period ...

Maybe it's time to think about some form of backups of sensitive / valuable users data , like those lists, lists of whole users activity, profile settings or ... - what @knowledge was rightly worried about the most - our PM's.

It's worth noting that in the old version of the forum software - there was an option to archive PM's by sending the copy to your email account. NOW THIS USEFUL FEATURE IS MISSING. Not the first time we've learned that a useful feature was removed !!!

Please provide a clear answer what you gonna do to make user data safer ? 

Is it possible to get back PM's backup functionality in any form (re-create old or create a completely new one) ?

1 hour ago, vissha said:

(...)

On behalf of all nsaners, the forum experience is awful after the IPB upgrade to 4.x.x. We are getting more and more bugs, missing features,.... and most of them needs to be fixed by IPB. We were peaceful and enjoying more required features with the final version of IPB 3.x.x.

@vissha   You couldn't say it better !   fReFazd.gif

TheMountain

Anytime someone asks for some small fix, or improvement it's denied.

Why is it difficult resolving issues on this site?

Are members opinions important enough to listen to?

Or are we just fodder for the Nsane machine?

• Administrator

Just to update on this. This is in addition to what I have mentioned above.

About the first Like button problem. I have manually verified all the files, logs and even the buttons. None of it seems to suggest any problems. Further, it looks like it seems to be an member permission issue, as Guests, New Members and the Staff are not effected by it. For that, I have also manually checked each and every class and made sure that this issue is not present. After some testing, it suggests that this Like button issue is probably limited to that one thread. Can anyone confirm that by seeing if others is visible on this page of the thread in the couple of posts above.

About the followers lost issue. Here too, I have verified everything, looked at the settings, logs, everything possible required to be done. None of it suggests what caused this problem. As for posts and PMs, they are issue of the server, not forums or forum software, when it comes to server, it is backed up regularly, which includes posts and PMs. For further details, one needs to contact Lite for it.

We are thinking about filing a bug report to IPB. You may ask why not already. Because there is a procedure that is to be followed. Things that need to be done. For all that, we need Lite to get time for that.

• Lite locked this topic

Archived