Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

Is this a bug? notification options/messenger

3785.jpg

if not bug why would the admins not want you to know if you have been added to a conversation :dunno: 

• Replies 895
  • Views 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, Vic Vega said:

3785.jpg

if not bug why would the admins not want you to know if you have been added to a conversation :dunno: 

Not a bug.

But why would you need a separate notification for a PM when you get a PM and also get an email for that PM. :P

BTW, guys, about that multipost thing, thanks for letting us know and yes we are aware about it. Should have been fixed by now, if not, let us know about it.

57 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

But why would you need a separate notification for a PM when you get a PM and also get an email for that PM.

i think that receiving a PM is different than being added to an existing conversation :dunno:  ergo the separate notification toggles in options.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Vic Vega said:

i think that receiving a PM is different than being added to an existing conversation :dunno:  ergo the separate notification toggles in options.

Kinda. But don't you receive a PM after being added to it.

Just now, DKT27 said:

i dont know, ive never used my PM. was just looking thru my profile settings and noticed this option, tried to turn it on and got the msg that it was disabled. no big deal to me either way.

I don't know it is a update bug ore this is a local problem

If I post something and want to insert a sharecode almost every time the sharecode is not placed at the cursor position. Most time I find it in the first line of the post. Any idea how to fix this?

19 hours ago, Vic Vega said:

3785.jpg

15 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Not a bug.

But why would you need a separate notification for a PM when you get a PM and also get an email for that PM. :P

BTW, guys, about that multipost thing, thanks for letting us know and yes we are aware about it. Should have been fixed by now, if not, let us know about it.

13 hours ago, Vic Vega said:

13 hours ago, DKT27 said:

13 hours ago, Vic Vega said:

i dont know, ive never used my PM. was just looking thru my profile settings and noticed this option, tried to turn it on and got the msg that it was disabled. no big deal to me either way.

i had a test PM with another member just now, there is no option (at least for my profile) to add another member to the conversation, ergo this i assume is the reason this option gives the msg that it has been disabled on my profile(and others? :dunno: ).  I also read on Invisions forums that a lot of sites/forums will disable this option in order to have a more manageable mail/PM system on their site. 

• Administrator
On 1/8/2016 at 11:03 AM, Ice Frog said:

why is there a horizontal scroll bar in this page:

Not sure why so. Probably a post doing it, but cannot find that post. Will probably look into it later. Not a big thing.

On 1/8/2016 at 11:15 AM, Togijak said:

I don't know it is a update bug ore this is a local problem

If I post something and want to insert a sharecode almost every time the sharecode is not placed at the cursor position. Most time I find it in the first line of the post. Any idea how to fix this?

Seems to be working fine here. Placing where it should be.

On 1/8/2016 at 11:18 AM, Ice Frog said:

received this while browsing this page: 

???

Content encoding error is common in newer version of Firefox. Reloading the page fixes it. The only way to fix this problem currently is to disable compression in Firefox, which slows the page loading.

On 1/8/2016 at 8:43 PM, Vic Vega said:

i had a test PM with another member just now, there is no option (at least for my profile) to add another member to the conversation, ergo this i assume is the reason this option gives the msg that it has been disabled on my profile(and others? :dunno: ).  I also read on Invisions forums that a lot of sites/forums will disable this option in order to have a more manageable mail/PM system on their site. 

Just checked. Yes, there is a limit, we will look into that limit. Will take some time before any decision is taken though.

What you read is correct. Even staff cannot enable it in their UserCP and such.

3 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Just checked. Yes, there is a limit, we will look into that limit. Will take some time before any decision is taken though.

limit? what limits, who was talking about limits? :dunno: 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Vic Vega said:

limit? what limits, who was talking about limits? :dunno: 

Let just say ViPs and above can add more people into a PM and such.

5 hours ago, DKT27 said:

What you read is correct. Even staff cannot enable it in their UserCP and such

24 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Let just say ViPs and above can add more people into a PM and such.

vips can, but staff can not :think:

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Vic Vega said:

vips can, but staff can not :think:

Not sure if you got it right.

No one can enable notifications you mentioned above from UserCP.

Everyone above ViP, including staff, can add more members in to the PM and such.

4 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Not sure if you got it right.

No one can enable notifications you mentioned above from UserCP.

Everyone above ViP, including staff, can add more members in to the PM and such.

ah ha...got it. sorry for the misunderstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

[Fixed] Bug after Maintenance:

The colored name of other categories[VIP/Staff/Mod/Vet/Admin] are not displayed below topic, inside categories & sub-categories, inside threads, comments, followers list in threads & categories, popular contributors list, members in the PM and most other places after the site maintenance.

Only who's online list, Recently browsing list in threads and other few places have the colored name.

@Admins, @DKT27@shought@Lite: Please fix this soon.

Update:

Issue Fixed. Thank you nsane team.

2 hours ago, SandStone said:

Found this, not sure what is it:

1. [[Template core/front/messaging/messageListRows is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have same problem 

34016453_nasane-massage-box.jpg

• Administrator

Problem confirmed. We are looking into it.

Meanwhile, there are two ways to bypass this problem.

One is to use the Dark Theme.

In second one, open your PM inbox > click on Inbox on the top left, one with arrow next to it > click on New > click on New with arrow next to it > click on Inbox inside that list. This way, you are bypassing the problem by reloading the inbox again.

All this while we are looking into it.

knowledge-Spammer

inbox bug?

yhjsC72.jpg

oGcQYZ3.jpg

if u remove my 150 inboxs ill not be very happy  hope admins or mods can fix this

• Lite locked this topic

Archived