Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

• Replies 895
  • Views 79.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DKT27 said:

(..)

After some testing, it suggests that this Like button issue is probably limited to that one thread. Can anyone confirm that by seeing if others is visible on this page of the thread in the couple of posts above.

@DKT27

Your intuition is probably riight. I noticed it also.

Haven't spotted "likes" issue in any other thread besides "Amazing Photo Of The Day"

(..)

As for posts and PMs, they are issue of the server, not forums or forum software, when it comes to server, it is backed up regularly, which includes posts and PMs.

(..)

These server backups however don't protect us - users against losing our data. This time let it be "followers".

But  are you able to assure us the other user data (PMs, posts) are safe  and could be recreated from server backups in case of disaster ?

What about giving users an opportunity to backup their PMs (archive by sending them to user email address) ?

This useful functionality was present in previous forum software version.  Why was it removed ? 

I'm asking these questions the second time already. So please be nice and answer them.

Here is my personal case : 

My PM inbox is completely full at the moment. I badly need to free some space there in order to keep my inbox available for the new stuff.

However I would like to keep most of the old messages.  What should I do when the option to archive the old messages was removed ?

Please help me solve the problem.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, mona said:

@DKT27

Haven't spotted "likes" issue in any other thread besides "Amazing Photo Of The Day"

These server backups however don't protect us - users against losing our data. This time let it be "followers".

But  are you able to assure us the other user data (PMs, posts) are safe  and could be recreated from server backups in case of disaster ?

What about giving users an opportunity to backup their PMs (archive by sending them to user email address) ?

This useful functionality was present in previous forum software version.  Why was it removed ? 

I'm asking these questions the second time already. So please be nice and answer them.

Here is my personal case : 

My PM inbox is completely full at the moment. I badly need to free some space there in order to keep my inbox available for the new stuff.

However I would like to keep most of the old messages.  What should I do when the option to archive the old messages was removed ?

Please help me solve the problem.

Well, I did go through couple of threads and found out the issue was not present elsewhere, in addition, I have some idea what is causing the issue on that thread. Though, this is just a guess about that problem. I will try to look into it.

The way post and PM data is stored on servers, it is highly unlikely that we will lose any posts. It's not that it's not happened before, a server side problem once had caused loss of posts as server hard disk went bad or something, but that was long ago on a completely different host and server. How we manage to get the posts and everything else back then, one answer, backups. The way posts and PMs are stored and the way followers are stored is different, plus, both of their software side implementation is different, followers, which has been introduced relatively recently, may get bugged and lost, but posts and PMs, which are integral part of forums, are highly unlikely to.

I actually did not know IPB idiots removed the ability to archive PMs before you mentioned. Manually checked everything to confirm it. As of now, @Crazycanuk's idea above is one of the good ways to do it. The other being copying everything manually or such. I doubt you are the only one feeling the need for it though. I'm sure some other IPB users might have felt a need to it. It might be re-implemented sooner or later I think.

On 6/21/2016 at 4:27 PM, mona said:

Nobody has reported this removed feature on IPS' own discussion forums and there isn't a plugin available to achieve this.

Instead, it maybe worth reviewing storage limits for VIP members.

• 2 weeks later...
SnakeMasteR

Reports doesn't seem to work with Tapatalk.

Only thing i get is a weird response.

"You are not logged in or do not have permission to perform this action."

I'm almost sure it's the latter, isn't it?

• Administrator
On 12/7/2016 at 8:07 PM, n0_risk! said:

Reports doesn't seem to work with Tapatalk.

Only thing i get is a weird response.

"You are not logged in or do not have permission to perform this action."

I'm almost sure it's the latter, isn't it?

Could be a bug. I have updated Tapatalk to a new version. Please check if everything is working correctly.

On 12/7/2016 at 9:33 PM, alfreire said:

The forum is slow and doesn't update well the posts...

Cheers... ;-)

Shought has fixed it.

knowledge-Spammer
On 7/16/2016 at 8:17 AM, DKT27 said:

Shought has fixed it.

On 21 czerwiec 2016 at 5:27 PM, mona said:

@DKT27

On 22 czerwiec 2016 at 1:13 AM, DKT27 said:

The way post and PM data is stored on servers, it is highly unlikely that we will lose any posts. It's not that it's not happened before, a server side problem once had caused loss of posts as server hard disk went bad or something, but that was long ago on a completely different host and server. How we manage to get the posts and everything else back then, one answer, backups. The way posts and PMs are stored and the way followers are stored is different, plus, both of their software side implementation is different, followers, which has been introduced relatively recently, may get bugged and lost, but posts and PMs, which are integral part of forums, are highly unlikely to.

I actually did not know IPB idiots removed the ability to archive PMs before you mentioned. Manually checked everything to confirm it. As of now, @Crazycanuk's idea above is one of the good ways to do it. The other being copying everything manually or such. I doubt you are the only one feeling the need for it though. I'm sure some other IPB users might have felt a need to it. It might be re-implemented sooner or later I think.

.....  I knew it would happen one day or the other, after we lost our follower lists some time ago !

The worst nightmare came true -  I LOST ALL 100 THREADS FROM MY INBOX !!!!!!

I had there registration keys for important software, valuable "how to instructions" from helpful nsaners, photos  and more ....

Staff -  I was asking for PM backup option to be brought back ......  And now we are where we are ... Who is to blame ?

BTW

Sorry @Crazycanuk, but screenshotting 100 multipage threads isn't an option for me. I'm to busy in my real life.

Increasing VIP's inbox size ( @Lee's idea ) - however nice and awaited - also doesn't seem to solve the problem of making our PM's secure - in any way.

ADDITIONAL INFO :

Circumstances :   I opened my inbox to read and reply a newly received message. 

When I started writing my message in edition window - the inbox page suddenly got reloaded and I was presented with the nsane forum message that "the page I was looking for/requesting is not available" (or something similar).

After that I tried to open my inbox in the new tab and this is exactly what I saw :

EkOHdAf.png

ALL MY PM's (100 threads) GOT WIPED OUT !

EVEN  THE  MESSAGE  I  WAS  JUST COMPOSING  WAS  LOST !

What the hell had happened ?    :wtf:

Latest version for me is Tapatalk Classic v2.0.1.50, no newer version available as of yet. :s

Of course, it is interesting, that some time ago there was a very serious problem the privacy, etc..  At the same time  many requiring the Tapatalk. Everybody knows (at least should to know) that the Tapatalk does not guarantee any privacy, but all desire to use it. I do not understand, where is the logic.

knowledge-Spammer
37 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

Go here to delete ;)

Snap7.png

we not have no remove or del ?

knowledge-Spammer
2 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

After clicking on Attachments this page comes up no?

Hide contents

Snap8.png

not for me u no my password

plz see if can remove i cant seem to

knowledge-Spammer
Just now, Crazycanuk said:

That function should be available for all members this doesnt make sense. Jordan found another way he will post soon. 

login on my name and see maybe i do it wrong but i have tryed but it not working for me

2 hours ago, Crazycanuk said:

That function should be available for all members this doesnt make sense. Jordan found another way he will post soon. 

It is very good to know, that "Should be", but in real life doesn't.

knowledge-Spammer
4 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

Sorry knowledge i cannot do this, We are not allowed to do that, 

how about admins  is allowed ?

or if i say its ok for u or admins ?

25 minutes ago, knowledge said:

how about admins  is allowed ?

or if i say its ok for u or admins ?

Please try this:

1- Go to this page first:  http://www.nsaneforums.com/attachments/?page=1

2- Click on the link to the thread containing the attachment

hxYgWWg.png

3- You will get something like this:

OrpGUVp.png

4- Re-Edit your post and Click on the trash button to remove the attached item

Repeat for every attachment you don't need anymore

i hope it helps....

if you can't do it, just give me ALL links to your posts containing attachments

i'll re-edit them and remove attachments

No need to sign in with your credentials (We can't do it anyway)
All i need is links to your posts which includes attachments

How much ones do you see in your attachments page? ( http://www.nsaneforums.com/attachments/?page=1 )

48 minutes ago, Sonar said:

if the thread is locked the delete option is missing on the attachments page.

Effectively, you can't re-edit a post in a locked thread

That's why i also suggested to let me (or other staff/mods) re-edit your post and delete your unwanted attachment

As the amount of such request may increase if many members whish to remove some attachments located in locked threads, i suggest you to use pm's, not the report button.

Just send me pm with links to the unwanted attachments. i'll be glad to help.

• Lite locked this topic

Archived