Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

Image is like alternating current (AC voltage). Once it is and then again is not.
Obviously, there are some locations  or areas prohibited. I have to watch over the proxy, otherwise it is not available, anything not visible, only white page....

or sometimes 500 - Server Error. 

Traditions are hard to change.

• Replies 895
  • Views 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, knowledge said:

when i click Administrator

i see Found 44,927 results  y like this

Good find.

IPB broke it. Happens the same when one manually searches for a particular group from the search page too.

Will have to wait for IPB to fix it I think.

Bug:

Post nsane downtime early last month, "Insert image from URL" doesn't work most times. After entering the image URL and press enter, "insert into post" doesn't turn greyed out most times. If manually clicked, the URL text box turns RED.

Always need to submit the thread and re-edit the thread to insert images from URL.

Please fix it ASAP. This issue causes multiple edits in threads.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, vissha said:

Bug:

Post nsane downtime early last month, "Insert image from URL" doesn't work most times. After entering the image URL and press enter, "insert into post" doesn't turn greyed out most times. If manually clicked, the URL text box turns RED.

Always need to submit the thread and re-edit the thread to insert images from URL.

I see. Will try look into it.

Having said, IPB 4.x bought in a new feature, in this feature, you do not need to press that button to embed an image. So how to insert an image to a post, you may ask. It's simple, paste an direct link to the image in the post, like you paste any other text, after the url is pasted, immediately, without entering any space, press enter. The image will get embed into the post by itself. Try it. You can use this method meanwhile on the forums.

5 hours ago, DKT27 said:

So how to insert an image to a post, you may ask.

I'm using enter key. However, the "insert into post" doesn't turn greyed out. Hence, I manually pressed it. Please read my comment carefully.

5 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I see. Will try look into it.

Thank you.

Bug:

Also, after Firefox 48.0, font size formatting becomes hell. Every time we need to scroll the drop-down from the top to choose the same size or next size. Earlier, once we change the font size, it'll stay if we want to change another head in the same comment/topic until we close the editor. If you could fix it, it'd be helpful. I use FF occasionally to frequently for nsane.

Bug:

Another issue after the same early august downtime. While editing threads, the editor options doesn't work properly rarely but prolong. While editing a thread, the editor options doesn't work when clicked. If the button has drop-down(font-size, font-color), it turns white and we can't choose anything. Even if we cancel/submit editing and re-edit the same thread, the problem stays even after several retry. However, editing other threads/comments are working at that point of time. Please find and fix the issue.

7 hours ago, vissha said:

Bug:

i not have this problem either in chrome or firefox. i can insert images from "Insert image from URL". maybe u need check other addons or some javascript not loading,try safe mode or different browser.

1 hour ago, vissha said:

Bug:

Another issue after the same early august downtime. While editing threads, the editor options doesn't work properly rarely but prolong. While editing a thread, the editor options doesn't work when clicked. If the button has drop-down(font-size, font-color), it turns white and we can't choose anything. Even if we cancel/submit editing and re-edit the same thread, the problem stays even after several retry. However, editing other threads/comments are working at that point of time. Please find and fix the issue.

i not have this problem again. maybe something is not loading at your end.(probably javascript)

58 minutes ago, Ice Frog said:

i not have this problem either in chrome or firefox. i can insert images from "Insert image from URL". maybe u need check other addons or some javascript not loading,try safe mode or different browser.

i not have this problem again. maybe something is not loading at your end.(probably javascript)

First, you didn't post more threads, only 3. So, you might not experience these issues. I'm reporting about bug more on threads and less on comments. Both are mainly experienced on threads/topics.

I'm sure both bugs are not just for me. I've tested in 3 or 4 devices[Linux & Win] using FF and all have the same issue. Since the insert image bug is frequent and the editor bug is very rare, you won't come across.

• Administrator

Thing is, after the maintenance, a lot of things, especially the post and theme related, were broken, to add to that, it's not easy to fix right now. We are looking into it, but it may take some time here.

On 8/24/2016 at 6:02 PM, DKT27 said:

Both the bugs confirmed. We are well aware about the things being messed up a little from a few days after maintenance. We are looking into it.

Meanwhile, in both the cases, you guys can use alternative methods for doing them.

the status update thing looks working now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 15/9/2016 at 4:51 PM, Actarusse said:

nsaneforums is back :D

We are having some server config related issues. Shought is working on it. Please bear with us till we fix them.

2 hours ago, jango said:

what happen 2x nsane is down???

Just take a look above . Maybe it was from the issue about @DKT27 said yesterday which has not been fixed completely yet by @shought

Greetings,

;)

6 minutes ago, solitario said:

I cant send PM :mellow:

Try to be more detailed....<_<

Also a screenshot can be more valuable than one thousand words.....;)

• Administrator
On 17/9/2016 at 8:54 PM, jango said:

what happen 2x nsane is down???

Shought has fixed the issue. However, for issues to be fully fixed, it might take 5-10 more days.

Meanwhile, FP database is not up, we know about it, we are looking into it.

What happen? and why no one could say something in FB to let us know what's going on or you going to be back or not?!!!

It's been day's with no answer from anyone and i really feel lost without good people here, i think we really need a plan B so if something wrong happen people can meet in plan B

1 hour ago, BALTAGY said:

What happen? and why no one could say something in FB to let us know what's going on or you going to be back or not?!!!

It's been day's with no answer from anyone and i really feel lost without good people here, i think we really need a plan B so if something wrong happen people can meet in plan B

No one can tell what happened. Only Admins knows

@DKT27 will comment about it when he will be logged in i think

• 2 weeks later...
knowledge-Spammer

on this site is a ad  named >free softwere< is not a nice ad pls remove or look i get this

5YF2TK8.jpg and it locked  my firefox up  i fixed it now but still a little pain  for people with no adblockers i think i was testing ads on the site

http://i.imgur.com/rfr1YL4.jpg

edit and the ad named free download

and i am sure if i keep looking ill see much more like it

• Lite locked this topic

Archived