Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

november_ra1n
20 hours ago, DKT27 said:

It is working for me right now. Is it same for you guys right now or such.

Not working........ Not only that some of the posting function not working too.

Example of Link & sending PMs:

Aw75Iru.png

To be honest with you after IPB updates all my links and post were corrupted takes me hours and days to fix them plus posting is getting more and more difficult recently i was asking myself why should I even bother all this hassle...

• Replies 895
  • Views 79.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29 kwiecień 2016 at 5:30 PM, Fallon said:

Without visible Source button, you should paste an embedded link and be happy with the result.

With the Source Button (I don't know if it's available for newbees)  you can do the following.

(....)

Btw, I recommend a mature browser like Firefox. It is also possible that your Vivaldi doesn't handle 'move to centre' right.

On 29 kwiecień 2016 at 6:12 PM, Kalju said:

Everything is possible. ....

(......)

2 days later the problem with central allignment of pics in nSane posts has been gone without any intervention from my side.  :lol:

Thanks guys for help, anyway.

• Administrator
On 1/5/2016 at 6:59 PM, november_ra1n said:

Not working........ Not only that some of the posting function not working too.

Example of Link & sending PMs:

Aw75Iru.png

To be honest with you after IPB updates all my links and post were corrupted takes me hours and days to fix them plus posting is getting more and more difficult recently i was asking myself why should I even bother all this hassle...

I see. Well, I want to fix the problems you guys are having but I cannot reproduce the issue from here. I also checked the permissions to make sure, no problems there.

Maybe, its some sort of script blocking that is happening. Some sort of adblocker or script blocker or even an AV or anything like that causing this.

As for IPB's upgrade. I agree. As the upgrade was a major upgrade, it broke many posts. You might not be aware but the staff, guess who :P , fixed some of your important posts when you were away - on suggestions of members, manually - which as you said, took hours, some others were fixed by the admins through an automatic process. We did not want you after your return or the members to face troubles that encountered after the upgrade, we did lots of things possible to fix the issues and the posts.

Also, many other posts were broken too. For example, some of the pre-upgrade sharecodes were broken. The staff have to fix them whenever we see them.

november_ra1n
26 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I see. Well, I want to fix the problems you guys are having but I cannot reproduce the issue from here. I also checked the permissions to make sure, no problems there.

Maybe, its some sort of script blocking that is happening. Some sort of adblocker or script blocker or even an AV or anything like that causing this.

As for IPB's upgrade. I agree. As the upgrade was a major upgrade, it broke many posts. You might not be aware but the staff, guess who :P , fixed some of your important posts when you were away - on suggestions of members, manually - which as you said, took hours, some others were fixed by the admins through an automatic process. We did not want you after your return or the members to face troubles that encountered after the upgrade, we did lots of things possible to fix the issues and the posts.

Also, many other posts were broken too. For example, some of the pre-upgrade sharecodes were broken. The staff have to fix them whenever we see them.

Thanks DKT27 it is working now..

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, november_ra1n said:

Thanks DKT27 it is working now..

Good to hear that.

Was it fixed automatically or you did something on your side to fix it. Other members who might be having similar problem will be able to fix the issue if you can mention about it.

november_ra1n
49 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Good to hear that.

Was it fixed automatically or you did something on your side to fix it. Other members who might be having similar problem will be able to fix the issue if you can mention about it.

I did not do any workaround it works automatically.

• 3 weeks later...

Impossible to read hidden contents nor spoilers in dark theme... Same post... Different themes...

ay3x3p.jpg   Default Theme

Dark Theme    156pldh.jpg

• Administrator

While I can have a look, I think only @shought can fix this as the dark theme is made by him.

Hi,

I wasn't on more than 12h but when i tried to check the new posts that what i got

Spoiler

Snap1.png

When i tried to load more there's no more posts!!

Just now, BALTAGY said:

Hi,

I wasn't on more than 12h but when i tried to check the new posts that what i got

Reveal hidden contents

When i tried to load more there's no more posts!!

Delete nsaneforums cookie and retry.

i hope it helps!

10 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

Delete nsaneforums cookie and retry.

i hope it helps!

Didn't help

Sorry to hear that.

Just wait some time. Maybe @DKT27 will take a look to your problem.

He is the one who can really help you.

• Administrator

Confirmed bug. Broken in both the themes. Bug probably from IPB's side I think.

There is a fix to bypass this problem. Use All Activity link instead. Switch to Condensed View on it.

4 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Confirmed bug. Broken in both the themes. Bug probably from IPB's side I think.

There is a fix to bypass this problem. Use All Activity link instead. Switch to Condensed View on it.

All Activity is a pain to use i don't want to see every like and comment and also it didn't bring older posts for me

Another thing i searched for "FastStone Image Viewer" but nothing found but there's a post for it here!

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

All Activity is a pain to use i don't want to see every like and comment and also it didn't bring older posts for me

Another thing i searched for "FastStone Image Viewer" but nothing found but there's a post for it here!

Just checked. The admins recently upgraded the forums. Due to that, all the threads are currently being reindexed. While I have some doubts about Unread Content as I feel it's a bug, things like search will progressively get fixed as the forum is getting indexed. Doing so takes about a day though.

• Is it still "Forum upgrade bugs", as the title says? 
  • Maybe it's all like one an old Russian proverb says, "Fish begins to rot from the head."
  • Here has been very difficult to understand, what is going on. And it last already some years.

• Administrator

Thing is, ideally, this thread would need to be closed and will be at some time. But some of the recent requests have been related to the forum upgrade related, hence it is not yet done so.

1 hour ago, Kalju said:

Can you explain how to read these things.

screenshot-www.nsaneforums.com 2016-05-22 18-08-21.pngscreenshot-www.nsaneforums.com 2016-05-22 18-09-56.png

Kinda weird morse code maybe?

The upgrade finally knows when you were last here. So when you're clicking at the bottom to see previous activity, it actually stops at the right time rather than going infinitely into the past.

• Administrator
On 19/5/2016 at 5:47 AM, WALLONN7 said:

Spoiler

Impossible to read hidden contents nor spoilers in dark theme... Same post... Different themes...

ay3x3p.jpg   Default Theme

Dark Theme    156pldh.jpg

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. I have fixed it.

On 22/5/2016 at 8:44 PM, Kalju said:

Can you explain how to read these things.

screenshot-www.nsaneforums.com 2016-05-22 18-08-21.pngscreenshot-www.nsaneforums.com 2016-05-22 18-09-56.png

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. Lee has fixed it.

Do let us know if you guys find any problems in them.

If I have "Unread Content" open and click "Mark site read" I see

Ls22crR.png

but if I click "Mark site read" in a open posting I stay in this posting and don't see any change

23 minutes ago, Tanis said:

How do you temporarily turn on PM's?

I checked every nook & cranny of my profile & couldn't find a 'PM On / Off' switch. 

In the default settings such a possibility does not exist. You can only block one by one by user name basis.
Unable to block the staff members.

How do you temporarily turn on PM's?

I checked every nook & cranny of my profile & couldn't find a 'PM On / Off' switch. 

On 1.06.2016 at 6:47 PM, Kalju said:

In the default settings such a possibility does not exist. You can only block one by one by user name basis.
Unable to block the staff members.

That "PM blocking" doesn't really block anything. The sender is neither prevented to send a PM nor is he informed that a recipient has blocked him.

The only result of so called "blocking" is that the recipient gets NO notification about a new PM.

It's definitely not how we - users would expect that functionality to work and how it used to work before upgrade.

Coud have anything be done about it ?

• Lite locked this topic

Archived