Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

knowledge-Spammer
15 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

The cost of implementation, the server related problems of its implementation and such reasons.

How many forums as small as nsane.forums, have you seen implementing HTTPS? Almost none of them. The reason is same as above.

Firefox changed their - website is not using HTTPS -  dialogue recently, that is why it looks new to you. Previously Firefox showed it differently, but the reason was the same I think.

lots of sites  i use some times i see this

CpWz_002.jpg

but on this site i not

i was playing with adguard  at the time i posted  but friends say this can be a problem with somesitesso people can see somethings if site not have

encrypted

CpWz_003.jpg

• Replies 895
  • Views 80.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm not sure of Adguard, but Adguard is no certificate signing authority. You need a certificate signed by an authority in order to implement HTTPS on your site and that certificate costs a lot.

There isn't really any sense, since this website is public and does not mediate any significant information, which should in be in any way confidential.
Here also isn't nothing to download which might get damaged in any way.
And also all members are anonymous, all using the username, many apparently uses accidental email, etc.. What is here what must be to encrypt?

Moreover, not all browsers are able to operate correctly with encrypted websites. And it is quite a serious problem.

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be a strange bug on the frontpage 'Quick download search'. For some reason you can only type in 10 characters

On 4/7/2016 at 0:42 PM, dumble said:

There seems to be a strange bug on the frontpage 'Quick download search'. For some reason you can only type in 10 characters

How much would be a good or better? It is quick search, which shows all words, what contain typed short world or signs side by side.

Quick Search is always been like this. The second story is with a regular search, where you can give a longer phrases or tags.

And often you can still choose whether concurrency is a complete or partial.

The better and faster would be to use the tags and the temporal sequence, but here in this forum, unfortunately, no exist tag system or at least it isn't in use. Unfortunately. This is why is a is hard to find something quickly. 

Sorry if someone does not like what I said.

13 hours ago, Kalju said:

How much would be a good or better? It is quick search, which shows all words, what contain typed short world or signs side by side.

Quick Search is always been like this. The second story is with a regular search, where you can give a longer phrases or tags.

And often you can still choose whether concurrency is a complete or partial.

The better and faster would be to use the tags and the temporal sequence, but here in this forum, unfortunately, no exist tag system or at least it isn't in use. Unfortunately. This is why is a is hard to find something quickly. 

Sorry if someone does not like what I said.

Well, I was looking for microsoft silverlight, bus was only able to type microsoft and not the si for silverlight... First thing I thought there is something wrong with my laptop (I just bought a new 1), quite soon after I realized it was quick search only supports 10 characters. Maybe 15 would be better? Its not really a big deal though, I could of just typed silv, and it wouldv found it as well.., but why limit the characters I wonder..

It may be better, but not I and You can not change it. And I do not even know at the moment, whether the administrator can or not. I try to look at it after a while.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, dumble said:

Well, I was looking for microsoft silverlight, bus was only able to type microsoft and not the si for silverlight... First thing I thought there is something wrong with my laptop (I just bought a new 1), quite soon after I realized it was quick search only supports 10 characters. Maybe 15 would be better? Its not really a big deal though, I could of just typed silv, and it wouldv found it as well.., but why limit the characters I wonder..

You do not need to type the first word to open that.

Here is the searching form code, if You want, You can change it every time, if needed. But this is valid only for You and only for one time. Next time must change it again because these changes are made in local browser (in Your browser).

<div id="quick-search" class="menu">
    <form id="frm-quick-search" method="post" action="">
	    <div>
		    <label for="txt-quick-search">Quick Downloads Search</label>
		    <input autocomplete="off" jqac="on" name="txt-quick-search" id="txt-quick-search"
            class="search-input form-text" maxlength="10" onfocus="QuickSearch();" type="text">
		</div>
	</form>
</div>

For example:  change maxlength="10" to maxlength="30"  and You can use 30 letters or other signs.

(You must use browser advanced settings and then "Inspect element".)

• Administrator

I guess shought can increase the length, but I doubt it is of use, reason is, all softwares are covered in the Quick Search Bar irrespective of the length of the name of the software on FP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Some off-topic posts removed. If someone wants to stay on the site, they need to learn to behave nicely, quite a lot nicely actually, only then we consider a member suitable to the forums. Anything on the forums can be resolved through PMs with the staff or the admins and through mutual understanding, those who prefer not to go on that route and refuse to follow the rules and Guidelines, we refuse to allow them as members.

This is problem with Your system or Your internet connection.
At first try to clear all old cache files, cookies and clean browser(s).
Also this may happen, if You uses some VPN or zenmate browser extension, which is turned on.
The site works correctly.

• Administrator

It has happened few times for me. Reloading the fixes it.

khanyash
2 hours ago, DKT27 said:

It has happened few times for me. Reloading the fixes it.

Same here. Happens time to time & reload fixes it.

Videos embedded in posts - even aligned to the center - tend to show up on the left side anyway. 

There is no way to fix it by editing the post too .

Example here.

1. in the first moment :   alligment chosen - center;     position of the video - left

ukg8Dqf.jpg

2. after clicking outside the edition area : alligment chosen - AUTOMATICALLY   changes to the left and  it's not possible to even click "

center alligment option" 

qANsgzZ.jpg

Since Fallon claimed everything has been OK in his browser -  I tested it in brand new, out of the box (without any add-ons) Vivaldi browser.   The problem remains the same as in my main Palemoon.

Any suggestions what might be the reason of this behavior  ?

6 hours ago, mona said:

Videos embedded in posts - even aligned to the center - tend to show up on the left side anyway. 

There is no way to fix it by editing the post too .

Without visible Source button, you should paste an embedded link and be happy with the result.

With the Source Button (I don't know if it's available for newbees)  you can do the following.

- Choose 'Centre' and place something in the Centre, like a Youtube link, or anything, like the name 'Mona'.

- Click Source button. Replace this 'anything' with the embedded iframe video link. Go back and click 'Submit reply'. Done.

For Youtube it is easiest to right-click on a clip and select 'copy embedded code'. Because that will get you the good iframe width="854" height="480".

To get a smaller version on the forum, you can click on Share and Embed below a clip. For YouTube that will get you the <iframe width="420" height="315"

Of course you can change numbers yourself as well, when pasting a link under the source button.

Btw, I recommend a mature browser like Firefox. It is also possible that your Vivaldi doesn't handle 'move to centre' right.

Everything is possible. 
I like, for example, if they are small and all other text is  around the video or picture.
It is similar to this here. There are thousands methods and as much as is people as much is wishes.

Everything, what we may wish, cannot get never, even if very to want.

Here is an example of how to run text around the picture or video.
I'm sorry, the video is random, and maybe does not fit to the theme, but I wanted to add simple example, how I like.

6 minutes ago, Kalju said:
Everything is possible. 

At least much with HTML - that contentWrap is neat.

2 hours ago, Fallon said:

Without visible Source button, you should paste an embedded link and be happy with the result.

With the Source Button (I don't know if it's available for newbees)  you can do the following.

(....)

Btw, I recommend a mature browser like Firefox. It is also possible that your Vivaldi doesn't handle 'move to centre' right.

@Fallon

Thanks. Will try your method and will report back.

BTW

1.  No problem with Source Button, since I'm VIP, not a newbee.   :lol:

2.  My main browser is PALEMOON (based on FF) and the issue was spotted first time there.

I used  out of the box VIVALDI just for tests - as a reference only.   :P

3 hours ago, mona said:

1.  No problem with Source Button, since I'm VIP, not a newbee.   :lol:

2.  My main browser is PALEMOON (based on FF) and the issue was spotted first time there

1. Sure. My remark was also pointed at other readers. :)

2. Could differ by now, not checked by me.

2 hours ago, november_ra1n said:

Post Editing has not been working since today.

nkUePqp.png

it is since yesterday, but is possible, if You make right click on "Edit" and select open in new tab.

• Administrator

It is working for me right now. Is it same for you guys right now or such.

• Lite locked this topic

Archived