Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

• Administrator
6 hours ago, rach said:

just found something weird. I lost my session when forums from nsanedown. I already login as forum user. I click a news of one of the topic on nsanedown then redirect to forums, I entered as a guest. is it a known issue? could someone confirm or it just my side? regards. :)

While I doubt it, but are you using an VPN or a proxy or something like that.

• Replies 895
  • Views 80.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DKT27 said:

While I doubt it, but are you using an VPN or a proxy or something like that.

That's remind me of something. It happens because I enabled Stealth Mode on Adguard. Thanks for the hints. :)

Not sure if this was already mentioned or if the right place to report it but we can't change the "title" that we have below our username now?

• Administrator
On 14/2/2016 at 10:47 AM, xyzdev said:

Not sure if this was already mentioned or if the right place to report it but we can't change the "title" that we have below our username now?

Just checked, it seems you need a few posts more in order to change titles.

We may look into changing this though.

On 2/7/2016 at 4:12 AM, rudrax said:

:wtf: is wrong with the forums! Whenever I type www.nsaneforums.com after loading the page it auto redirects me to some creative.cpxcenter.com kind of ad site. Other sites are working fine. Only in case of nsaneforums.com the problem shows up. What's wrong? 

This is on malware site. Usually it is blocked everywhere. Do You see it?

• Administrator
On 20/2/2016 at 7:31 AM, Kalju said:

I have a question - how is possible change display name?

Account Settings / UserCP > Overview tab > Other Settings on right > Edit Profile on that page.

5 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Account Settings / UserCP > Overview tab > Other Settings on right > Edit Profile on that page.

You may find it to be so, but not for users. Previously it was allowed to change the display name of the users, of course, you can specify the conditions, when and how many times, and so on.

This is available and can change  => Admin cp => Members => Groups => Members => Edit (pencil) => find in the tab "Permissions" => "Display Name Changes"

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Kalju said:

You may find it to be so, but not for users. Previously it was allowed to change the display name of the users, of course, you can specify the conditions, when and how many times, and so on.

This is available and can change  => Admin cp => Members => Groups => Members => Edit (pencil) => find in the tab "Permissions" => "Display Name Changes"

Oh. My mistake, I though you meant member title. I see that you mean member username. That, to prevent abuse, no one except admins are allowed to change them. You can PM Lite and state the reason why you want to change it.

2 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Oh. My mistake, I though you meant member title.

No, I don't see any option to change member title under "Edit Profile" either.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, player said:

No, I don't see any option to change member title under "Edit Profile" either.

See this post.

ahhh little bit late, but congratulation for upgrading to new version of forum, ehehehe

I have forum using same script, and still hesitate to upgrade into 4.x :D

congrats for admins

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Kalju said:

If you are interested in what changes are coming in the next version of the IPS Community Suite 4.1.9, then you will find them here.

http://mydigitalworld.ml/IPS_Community_Suite_4.1.9.html

Source: https://community.invisionpower.com/

Took those idiots a long time to fix some common things.

logo

This is one example, how to make everything without using HTML, css, etc.

* Header 1 Header 2 Header 3
1 Content 1.1 Content 1.2 Content 1.3
2 Content 2.1 Content 2.2 Content 2.3
3 Content 3.1 Content 3.2 Content 3.3

Even if you do not use HTML, CSS, etc, are here to be copied with the format. So you can do table everywhere and then copy it here. The same applies to any other format issues.

Although my position was and is that the HTML should be allowed to all. Or at least from the time when the user has proved that he knows how to use it.

That is true, many do not know about HTML really nothing, but it means, that they do not use it ever.

If I long time ago for the first time made such a proposal, I got a response - but what happens if someone does not close a tag?
Answer - it is fact, that then is not possible to post at all nothing. In this forum, the software is made so, that ordinary user can not to post a malformed HTML code at all.

But here is one example of the table, which I made on the desktop, and then I copied the whole table here. Without using of HTML code at all. Ie, I copied table as I saw it on on some other place.

Here is the table code:

Spoiler

<style type="text/css">
.tg  {border-collapse:collapse;border-spacing:0;border-color:#aabcfe;}
.tg td{font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;padding:10px 5px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;overflow:hidden;word-break:normal;border-color:#aabcfe;color:#222;background-color:#ffffff;}
.tg th{font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:normal;padding:10px 5px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;overflow:hidden;word-break:normal;border-color:#aabcfe;color:#039;font-weight: 800;background-color:#b9c9fe;}
.tg .tg-fefd{min-width: 6px;color:#000000;vertical-align:top}
.tg .tg-yw4l{min-width: 280px;vertical-align:top}
</style>
<table class="tg">
  <tr>
    <th class="tg-fefd">*</th>
    <th class="tg-fefd">Header 1</th>
    <th class="tg-fefd">Header 2</th>
    <th class="tg-fefd">Header 3</th>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td class="tg-fefd">1</td>
    <td class="tg-yw4l">Content 1.1</td>
    <td class="tg-yw4l">Content 1.2</td>
    <td class="tg-yw4l">Content 1.3</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td class="tg-fefd">2</td>
    <td class="tg-yw4l">Content 2.1</td>
    <td class="tg-yw4l">Content 2.2</td>
    <td class="tg-yw4l">Content 2.3</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td class="tg-fefd">3</td>
    <td class="tg-yw4l">Content 3.1</td>
    <td class="tg-yw4l">Content 3.2</td>
    <td class="tg-yw4l">Content 3.3</td>
  </tr>
</table>

** Here is one more table, what You can edit as You want.

Nr Header 1 Header 2 Header 3 Header 4
1 Table Cell 1.1 Table Cell 1.2 Table Cell 1.3 Table Cell 1.4
2 Table Cell 2.1 Table Cell 2.2 Table Cell 2.3 Table Cell 2.4
3 Table Cell 3.1 Table Cell 3.2 Table Cell 3.3 Table Cell 3.4
4 Table Cell 4.1 Table Cell 4.2 Table Cell 4.3 Table Cell 4.4
5 Table Cell 5.1 Table Cell 5.2 Table Cell 5.3 Table Cell 5.4
6 Table Cell 6.1 Table Cell 6.2 Table Cell 6.3 Table Cell 6.4

Code:

Spoiler

<!DOCTYPE HTML>

<html>

<head>
  <title>Untitled</title>
</head>

<body>
<table border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica'; font-size: medium; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 150%; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-collapse: collapse; border: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); width: 100%;">
	<tbody>
		<tr style="background-color: rgba(100, 100, 255, 0.0980392); text-align: center;">
			<td style="width: 34px !Important;text-align: center;">
				Nr
			</td>
			<td>
				Header 1
			</td>
			<td>
				Header 2
			</td>
			<td>
				Header 3
			</td>
			<td>
				Header 4
			</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td style="width: 34px !Important;text-align: center;font-size: 80%; padding: 2px 6px 2px 6px;">
			</td>
			<td style="font-size: 80%; padding: 2px 6px 2px 6px; padding: 2px 6px 2px 6px;">
				Table Cell 1.1
			</td>
			<td style="font-size: 80%; padding: 2px 6px 2px 6px;">
				Table Cell 1.2
			</td>
				Table Cell 1.3
			</td>
				Table Cell 1.4
			</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td style="width: 34px !Important;text-align: center;font-size: 80%; padding: 2px 6px 2px 6px;">
			</td>
				Table Cell 2.1
			</td>
				Table Cell 2.2
			</td>
				Table Cell 2.3
			</td>
				Table Cell 2.4
			</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			</td>
				Table Cell 3.1
			</td>
				Table Cell 3.2
			</td>
				Table Cell 3.3
			</td>
				Table Cell 3.4
			</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			</td>
				Table Cell 4.1
			</td>
				Table Cell 4.2
			</td>
				Table Cell 4.3
			</td>
				Table Cell 4.4
			</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			</td>
				Table Cell 5.1
			</td>
				Table Cell 5.2
			</td>
				Table Cell 5.3
			</td>
				Table Cell 5.4
			</td>
		</tr>
	</tbody>
</table>

<table border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica'; font-size: medium; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 150%; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-collapse: collapse; border: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); width: 100%;">
	<tbody>
		<tr>
			</td>
				Table Cell 6.1
			</td>
				Table Cell 6.2
			</td>
				Table Cell 6.3
			</td>
				Table Cell 6.4
			</td>
		</tr>
	</tbody>
</table>

</body>

</html>

• Administrator

Thing is, there is no easy way to add tables. One needs to add plugin into the editor, which I do not know if it would be that much useful.

Either way guys, Like this button has been renamed to Like / Thanks button again. IPB idiots placed it where it was not easily possible for one to find it.

• Administrator

Just to mention. We have added more things to our editors. They are as follows:

Ability to resize editor.

See this. Click on the arrow on the bottom right of the editor.

Paste as plain text button.

See this. While we do not know how much of use it would be, but I think some members had asked for it. It might be useful for some.

Add Table button.

See this. As requested above. Just click the button, add number of rows and such to your needs and add the table. One can resize the table by clicking on the boundaries of the table. One can change the properties of the table by holding CTRL + right clicking the table. One can also delete the table the same way.

Insert Horizontal Line button.

See this. This button adds an ability to add a horizontal line to a post. This would give members an ability to make posts more tidy and better.

All these changes are already visible to all the members. While we are open to suggestions and further changes, we have only added things which are required and we think members should make use of. We might not add more things but we are open to make changes to the editor and such.

• 2 weeks later...
dabourzannan

I was trying to write an answer in one of the posts today, my answer contained  one quote and a code. After I finish and pressed "Submit Reply" the page was supposed to reload to show my answer. What happened was the page did not load right and nothing was clickable in it. I closed my Firefox browser, cleaned the cache and kept on trying to load any page in the forum with no success. The incomplete page that was loading had an error massage that reads:

error massage was:

Sorry, there is a problem Something went wrong. Please try again. 

Error code: EX2

I could not find a good answer trying to google this error, and it was all talking about a server problem, I do not know if this is true or not as I am not an expert. After trying for three hours to open any page in the forums, I kept on pressing the login button about 20 times or more then the page loaded correctly. I tried to browse in the forum and even post a reply and everything went back to normal.

I do not have a problem now but I thought I should report this.

3 minutes ago, dabourzannan said:

I was trying to write an answer in one of the posts today, my answer contained  one quote and a code. After I finish and pressed "Submit Reply" the page was supposed to reload to show my answer. What happened was the page did not load right and nothing was clickable in it. I closed my Firefox browser, cleaned the cache and kept on trying to load any page in the forum with no success. The incomplete page that was loading had an error massage that reads:

error massage was:

Sorry, there is a problem Something went wrong. Please try again. 

Error code: EX2

I could not find a good answer trying to google this error, and it was all talking about a server problem, I do not know if this is true or not as I am not an expert. After trying for three hours to open any page in the forums, I kept on pressing the login button about 20 times or more then the page loaded correctly. I tried to browse in the forum and even post a reply and everything went back to normal.

I do not have a problem now but I thought I should report this.

Yeah also had it for about an hour, seams there was some server problems.

But works right now.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, knowledge said:

We do not, or may I say, cannot use encryption. There are many reasons behind it.

knowledge-Spammer
9 hours ago, DKT27 said:

We do not, or may I say, cannot use encryption. There are many reasons behind it.

can i  ask y ?

i post that as i am sure i not seen that befor on this site  ?

• Administrator
On 21/3/2016 at 5:34 PM, knowledge said:

can i  ask y ?

i post that as i am sure i not seen that befor on this site  ?

The cost of implementation, the server related problems of its implementation and such reasons.

How many forums as small as nsane.forums, have you seen implementing HTTPS? Almost none of them. The reason is same as above.

Firefox changed their - website is not using HTTPS -  dialogue recently, that is why it looks new to you. Previously Firefox showed it differently, but the reason was the same I think.

• Lite locked this topic

Archived