"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

So where is that Lumen setting?

The Lumen value exists in the KitKat. ;)
:angry:

On Lollipop, I use Tasker to disable all auto display brightness on my device and then automate some very finely calibrated custom display profiles to adapt to the level of brightness as per the ambient lighting around me (should work fine with Marshmallow, too.)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dcs18 btw are you considering a change in adblocker now? :naughty:

When I found Adblock Plus partly disabled, I turned to uBlock — was dismayed to find that it continues to lag behind, drastically (far behind even my crippled Adblock Pus.) RL8WwPy.gif
so what browser version and what adblocker r u using now?

Back to Firefox 43 Beta 7 and Adblock Plus 2.6.12.4060-Beta. ^_^

On Lollipop, I use Tasker to disable all auto display brightness on my device and then automate some very finely calibrated custom display profiles to adapt to the level of brightness as per the ambient lighting around me (should work fine with Marshmallow, too.)
This is just what I wanted :dance:

Screenshot_2015_11_29_10_44_14_1.jpg

Have tried that — doesn't work appreciably well on my Samsung (noticeably, when outdoors — in direct sunlight.)

The reason being that Lollipop ships with a new safeguard which does not allow you to reduce the brightness level below 20 and also to increase it to the full capacity of 255.

Moreover, Lollipop now adapts brightness in ranges — so, what you see as 50% is in reality an automatic (sensor-estimated) range between 40% and 60%.

Have tried that doesn't work appreciably well on my Samsung (noticeably, when outdoors in direct sunlight.)

The reason being that Lollipop ships with a new safeguard which does not allow you to reduce the brightness level below 20 and also to increase it to the full capacity of 255.

Moreover, Lollipop now adapts brightness in ranges so, what you see as 50% is in reality an automatic (sensor-estimated) range between 40% and 60%.

Who need this in daylight! I just needed this for my bed time vewing when all lights are out. This is perfect and exactly what I was looking for.

Do you see anything? This is at 10%. Just cool :dance:

Screenshot_2015_11_29_11_01_30_1.jpg

Have tried that doesn't work appreciably well on my Samsung (noticeably, when outdoors in direct sunlight.)

Moreover, Lollipop now adapts brightness in ranges so, what you see as 50% is in reality an automatic (sensor-estimated) range between 40% and 60%.

Who need this in daylight! I just needed this for my bed time vewing when all lights are out. This is perfect and exactly what I was looking for.

Of course, the time when it is sorely required is during broad Daylight — most devices just can't handle it and the embarrassed User has to squint at a grossly dim display.

Some folks like me who use spectacles certainly need it in the dark, too — but, find the display glaringly bright because the brightness cannot be reduced below the locked 20 which is too high for a dark environment.

The true test of any device to handle brightness though, is under direct sunlight — unfortunately, one is deprived of granular controls unless one resorts to 3rd party apps. Accomplished Users will prefer Tasker — n00bs might want to try out Lux (works on the Lumen based implementation that exists in KitKat.) Lux also brings a lot of education on Light Levels — pro. Photographers would find it very interesting.

i have win 8.1 preinstalled dell laptop.what my problem is when i had clean installed to win 10 th2 after upgrading win 8.1 to win 10 th1 while installing i deleted oem recovery and diagnostic drive ...now how to recover that drive..recovery drive 7.5 gb says its unallocated ...now am in confusion if my laptop get into problems how can i recover...help

how to recover that drive..recovery drive 7.5 gb says its unallocated ...

To recover your unallocated space, you can use a partition manager like Acronis Advanced Disk Director.

now am in confusion if my laptop get into problems how can i recover...help

Whether the recovered 7.5 GB disk contains your deleted 8.1 or not is another matter.

Personally, I never use any preinstalled OS and format them at first opportunity.

To recover your unallocated space, you can use a partition manager like Acronis Advanced Disk Director.

Whether the recovered 7.5 GB disk contains your deleted 8.1 or not is another matter.

Personally, I never use any preinstalled OS and format them at first opportunity.

recovery oem disk 7.5 GB does not contain anything .it says unallocated space in disk management..now what to do

can u say how to solve using Acronis Advanced Disk Director. any guide or link ..welcome

i forgot to tell one important thing i backup my oem recovery partition data (7.5 GB) via acronis true image..its possible to restore this oem recovery image.

i forgot to tell one important thing i backup my oem recovery partition data (7.5 GB) via acronis true image..its possible to restore this oem recovery image.

Yes, of course — just use Acronis True Image (preferably the BootCD) to restore the image you backed-up.

Yes, of course — just use Acronis True Image (preferably the BootCD) to restore the image you backed-up.

whether i want to recover whole disk or what i needed.bcoz i cant recover diagnostic partition ..but i want my oem laptop what i got while installing windows th1.

whether i want to recover whole disk or what i needed.bcoz i cant recover diagnostic partition ..but i want my oem laptop what i got while installing windows th1.

Not so much clear from what you wrote above but maybe this will help otherwise rephrase your sentence:

you can only recover what you created a backup for -

so if u backed up the dell oem recovery partition while BACKING UP, only then u will be able to recover it

but if u didn't create a backup of the RECOVERY PARTITION, u gotta use the supplied OEM disc by the manufacturer to get that partition.

BTW why do you want that partition? if u have a backup in acronis format, it shud be as gud or even better than that recovery mode partition. :think:

i want to recover my dell oem recovery partition 7.5 GB and diagnostic partition which i deleted .i want to recover it bcoz i want original dell oem laptop alike os partitions.

Not so much clear from what you wrote above but maybe this will help otherwise rephrase your sentence:

you can only recover what you created a backup for -

so if u backed up the dell oem recovery partition while BACKING UP, only then u will be able to recover it

but if u didn't create a backup of the RECOVERY PARTITION, u gotta use the supplied OEM disc by the manufacturer to get that partition.

BTW why do you want that partition? if u have a backup in acronis format, it shud be as gud or even better than that recovery mode partition. :think:

i backed my whole partitions c ,recovery ,diagnostic drive .whether i should recover all disks so that all partitions would be there same as new dell oem laptop bought as it is.

i backed my whole partitions c ,recovery ,diagnostic drive .whether i should recover all disks so that all partitions would be there same as new dell oem laptop bought as it is.

That depends on your personal choice — Acronis True Image has the capability of restoring singularly, selectively or jointly (in other words — in whichever possible way that you could ask for.) ;)

OK then, this is for IDM lovers who don't want to use firewall or patch/crack

Step by step to make IDM trial version never expires by using auto reset method

NOTE: Do not use/install IDM Retail for this method. Use/install IDM Trial version only.

There are 2 methods (choose the one that works for you)

- Method A (using Group Policy)

- Method B (using Task Scheduler)

i wonder if i can simply add the file to startup folder or add to run in regedit ?

i want to share 2 more ips idm using it at ver 25 build 3 169.55.0.227 , 182.50.136.239

i don't know if i'm wrong but it worked when i added those ips and didn't show registeration window again so i hope you check it

169.55.0.227 = secure.internetdownloadmanager.com

182.50.136.239 = ???

IP_Check.png

about second I don't know i just captured all ips i see :D

i wonder if i can simply add the file to startup folder or add to run in regedit ?

The script must be run with elevated or administrative privileges. If you run the scripts which need administrative privileges, you will see UAC warning appears on your screen, then you have to click "Yes" button in order to continue the process.

By running the script under Group Policy, the script will automatically run with elevated or administrative privileges and UAC warning will not appear on your screen.

If you use Task Scheduler there is an option to run the script with elevated/administrative privileges

image.png

That depends on your personal choice — Acronis True Image has the capability of restoring singularly, selectively or jointly (in other words — in whichever possible way that you could ask for.) ;)

I hope this is a related question on the subject.

Do I need to quick format first a new hard disk before run the Acronis Rescue Disk? I am asking since Rescue Disk do not see the new hard disk installed.

I am doing this since I created an image if the old disk (Seagate 320 gb) and want to copy it to the new disk (Seagate 500gb).

I thought Rescue disk did all the procedure, including formatting the hard disk?

Please clarify the correct procedure to follow, thanks for the help.

Do I need to quick format first a new hard disk before run the Acronis Rescue Disk?

I thought Rescue disk did all the procedure, including formatting the hard disk?

While it is not really a prerequisite, if possible — do the formatting by all means (the Acronis BootCD does format your HDD.)

I am asking since Rescue Disk do not see the new hard disk installed.

If Acronis True Home 2016 fails to detect your HDD — ensure that your HDD has been initialised.

If it is still going undetected, try the BootCD from the previous Acronis True Home 2015.

Please clarify the correct procedure to follow, thanks for the help.

The Acronis tutorial is underway and shall be due shortly.

Oh yes, the Tracking Protection has been seen on the beta release for quite some time. ;)

Is it faster than ABP? :think:

Since I use only my own custom Filters and Rules, there does not seem to be any overlap between the native Block Lists and mine, so far — hence, only time will tell. :dunno:

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived