It is now Process Lasso 8.8.9.3 Beta.

It is now Process Lasso 8.8.8.8 Final :naughty:
Got your arithmetic, wrong? :tehe:
You got your alphabets wrogn :D

The 8.8.8.8 stable was released 11 days ago — on the 11th (not today as you thought.) x3218mP.gif

The 8.8.9.3 was released 3 days ago — on the 19th (not today as Pequi thought.) h3uXN07.gif

The 8.8.8.8 stable was released 11 days ago on the 11th (not today as you thought.) x3218mP.gif

The 8.8.9.3 was released 3 days ago on the 19th (not today as Pequi thought.) h3uXN07.gif

Damn you Pequi :angry:

This thing isn't allowing me to sleep properly since the day I have found it.

But I am also aware of my Midas Touch phenomenon.

It looks like its blocked from mozilla's side, it's not working now :angry:

Somebody else also got his alphabets wrong :sneaky: :lmao:
You should ask Virat Kohli regarding that :tehe:

Can anyone point me to remove GWX from Windows ? i remember there's a guide here, damn M$ they silently installed this update in my Win 8.1 :angry: :wtf:

Can anyone point me to remove GWX from Windows ? i remember there's a guide here, damn M$ they silently installed this update in my Win 8.1 :angry: :wtf:

Were you thinking of the one on post # 3222? ^_^

Were you thinking of the one on post # 3222? ^_^

Ok, i have uninstalled it with Total Uninstall, lol.

"Preventing Windows 10 From Getting Reserved Without Your Consent"

Method # 3:—

• Block GWX.exe, GWXConfigManager.exe, GWXDetector.exe, GWXUX.exe and GWXUXWorker.exe using your Anti-executable.

@dcs18. Which Anti-executable software do you recommend. Is there anyway to do it without installing additional software

@dcs18. Which Anti-executable software do you recommend. Is there anyway to do it without installing additional software

Ghazi, most of us out here are running Process Lasso Pro just like an Anti-executable. :)

However, if you do not prefer installing any additional software, you can use the Group Policy instead. F3h9xqz.gif

Ghazi, most of us out here are running Process Lasso Pro just like an Anti-executable. :)

However, if you do not prefer installing any additional software, you can use the Group Policy instead. F3h9xqz.gif

Can you share how to do it with group policy

Can you share how to do it with group policy

Navigate to Group Policy >> User Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> System >> Don't run specified Windows application.

Example:

Now, let's take the example of the guide at post # 3222 — to prevent the following unwanted applications from running:

GWX.exe

GWXConfigManager.exe

GWXDetector.exe

GWXUX.exe

GWXUXWorker.exe

The flow chart of your Group Policy should take the following direction:—

Click the following image for the bigger picture (to exit the image from full screen, press the Esc key):

aSbD5y2.png

i found them to be still trying to make a connection(thanx to wfc)

Taker, the above Group Policy illustration was to prevent applications from executing — not to block them from internet connectivity as you seem to have misunderstood.

i tried this same technique on these very .exe's and was unsuccesful

Have observed that Group Policy stops application even earlier than Process Lasso — the only reason though, I continue to use Process Lasso (despite its delay in prevention) is that Group Policy throws up a pop-up thereafter, stating why the application is blocked (this is counter-productive to a SysAdmin's time as Clients start calling up to complain.)

N00b here. What on earth is this GWX, anyway?

Get Windows 10 (X)

i found them to be still trying to make a connection(thanx to wfc)

Taker, the above Group Policy illustration was to prevent applications from executing — not to block them from internet connectivity as you seem to have misunderstood.

i tried this same technique on these very .exe's and was unsuccesful

Have observed that Group Policy stops application even earlier than Process Lasso — the only reason though, I continue to use Process Lasso (despite its delay in prevention) is that Group Policy throws up a pop-up thereafter, stating why the application is blocked (this is counter-productive to a SysAdmin's time as Clients start calling up to complain.)

maybe i misunderstud but i use the same group policy method to block mshta.exe for teamviewer and when blocking that way I don't see mshta making a connection....so why gwx.exe or likewise are making connection?

also for me group policy is not throwing any pop ups :think:

Will give you a feedback from both windows 8.1 and windows 7.

maybe i misunderstud but i use the same group policy method to block mshta.exe for teamviewer and when blocking that way I don't see mshta making a connection....so why gwx.exe or likewise are making connection?

That Group Policy is for an Anti-executable function (not a firewall) — why would you expect it to allow / block internet connection (are you still confused?) yXZVmpE.gif

also for me group policy is not throwing any pop ups :think:

Did you try any other application apart from mshta.exe — here is the pop-up:—

HVlwIES.png

If you did not bother to read and understand the tutorial in toto — you stand to be the Loser in the longer run (remember your Firemin fiasco):—

Check out an alternative to Firemin at post # 2051 shall be more than willing to dump Firemin and embrace any alternative which is found scientific and not based on mere hearsay (looking forward to folks coming forward with a guide, soon.) F3h9xqz.gif

I too used Firemin on your prompt regarding Firefox resource management. The next day I dumped it and didn't tell you thinking you may get angry about that. It minimizes the resource uses, that's true but browser became slower.

If you did not bother to read and understand the tutorial in toto you stand to be the Loser in the longer run (remember your Firemin fiasco):

Check out an alternative to Firemin at post # 2051 shall be more than willing to dump Firemin and embrace any alternative which is found scientific and not based on mere hearsay (looking forward to folks coming forward with a guide, soon.) F3h9xqz.gif

I too used Firemin on your prompt regarding Firefox resource management. The next day I dumped it and didn't tell you thinking you may get angry about that. It minimizes the resource uses, that's true but browser became slower.

I would but I don't have my personal windows system right now. So not getting into the details ATM :spank:

And I'm still counting the moments for this great piece of tutorial #3941. :)

The Acronis tutorial shall certainly be done, J4NY4R — my Clients are keeping me occupied, ATM. :(

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived