"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

It so happens that this Firefox behavior is; by design and not really a bug — Aris has just released a new beta release which now brings options to the about:preferences to be opened in a window / tab (the CTR tutorial is due for an upgrade — stay tuned.)

Important Announcement:—

Added 8 new entries to the Classic Theme Restorer (CTR) guide and also changed 1 existing entry — check out the changelog for further details.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
while downloading 99% of windows 10 file via microsoft website . idm says cannot download the file because of timeout

details:

connection timeout...help me i downloaded 99% of file now i stuck out ...what to do

while downloading 99% of windows 10 file via microsoft website . idm says cannot download the file because of timeout

details:

connection timeout...help me i downloaded 99% of file now i stuck out ...what to do

Server downtime may be. Try now!

details:

Server downtime may be. Try now!

since 1 hour am trying it says time out error ..am frustated

but my idm file what i downloaded does not have referer link in it bcoz i think its microsoft website ..so wt should i do

In the Connection tab of IDM, reduce the Default max. conn. number to 1 and then retry. 8)

Whenever you encounter such an issue, it is important to post details of the direct download link/s and/or file name. :dunno:

Point to be noted is that most of 99% stoppages happen when ones security system flags the main IDM executable, IDMan.exe — if the digital signature is missing possible due to patching (just a heads up.)

but my idm file what i downloaded does not have referer link in it bcoz i think its microsoft website ..so wt should i do

In the Connection tab of IDM, reduce the Default max. conn. number to 1 and then retry. 8)

Whenever you encounter such an issue, it is important to post details of the direct download link/s and/or file name. :dunno:

Point to be noted is that most of 99% stoppages happen when ones security system flags the main IDM executable, IDMan.exe — if the digital signature is missing possible due to patching (just a heads up.)

i changed to default conn to 1 ..but also it says timeout error.Win10_1511_SingleLang_EnglishInternational_x64.iso

http://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win10_1511_SingleLang_EnglishInternational_x64.iso?t=4563d281-bd60-473e-adfb-05c65bbc4585&e=1448090947&h=33629b29e4e0cc5534a5c91491bd461e

guys i dont know to hide this link..future i will do..

i changed to default conn to 1 ..but also it says timeout error.Win10_1511_SingleLang_EnglishInternational_x64.iso

http://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win10_1511_SingleLang_EnglishInternational_x64.iso?t=4563d281-bd60-473e-adfb-05c65bbc4585&e=1448090947&h=33629b29e4e0cc5534a5c91491bd461e

Wonder if you are having internet connection issues . . . . . . . the download is working fine, here — what happens if you disable your security system during the download process (especially the AntiVirus component?) :think:

Yes, dcs18 is right. @leech99, your security setup may be causing this chaotic scenario. Try disabling your antivirus/Anti-Malware solutions and try. It is always a good practice to add IDM appdata folder and program folder in the exclusion list of your AV/AM solution.

This may sometimes also happen when IDM.exe is modified by some patch. In this case, try to stay as clean as possible from the next approach.

Wonder if you are having internet connection issues . . . . . . . the download is working fine, here — what happens if you disable your security system during the download process (especially the AntiVirus component?) :think:

i disabled kaspersky internet security..same happened timeout error

Is there any way to prevent IDM from calling home when a Proxy is added. Everytime I use a proxy to download something, I am presented with Fake serial Dialog

i disabled kaspersky internet security..same happened timeout error

In that case, it must be your internet connection, then.

Is there any way to prevent IDM from calling home when a Proxy is added. Everytime I use a proxy to download something, I am presented with Fake serial Dialog

01.) What was the reason for routing through a proxy?

02.) What was the detailed method employed to route through the proxy?

01.) What was the reason for routing through a proxy?

02.) What was the detailed method employed to route through the proxy?

The reason for routing is to get higher speeds and bypass the limit set by the firewall.

Method employed was adding proxy in the IDM Options. Routing is done using Psiphon. It creates a local proxy server. In IDM using Get proxy from IE, it picksup the proxy address.

The reason for routing is to get higher speeds and bypass the limit set by the firewall.

Just a heads up — firewalls set limits neither to the internet speed nor the download speed limits.

Method employed was adding proxy in the IDM Options. Routing is done using Psiphon. It creates a local proxy server. In IDM using Get proxy from IE, it picksup the proxy address.

Bingo — what I can make out is that you made no changes to the 25 IPs after routing your proxy.

Just a heads up — firewalls set limits neither to the internet speed nor the download speed limits.

Bingo — what I can make out is that you made no changes to the 25 IPs after routing your proxy.

In institutions there is Cyberoam, and speed is restricted per id. So to bypass the limit imposed to login id's it is used.

If I dont use proxy, IDM is not able to call home. It has been 4-5 months it was working, but after proxy is added, it is able to call home.

Is there any way to block the IP's before routing through proxy, if any.

In institutions there is Cyberoam, and speed is restricted per id. So to bypass the limit imposed to login id's it is used.

If I dont use proxy, IDM is not able to call home. It has been 4-5 months it was working, but after proxy is added, it is able to call home.

Routing through proxy causes an IDM deactivation — a phenomenon which we are very well aware of.

Yes, there is a solution — unfortunately, only you can resolve it.

Routing traffic through a proxy introduces a corresponding change in all the 25 IPs — none of those IPs would remain standard any longer and shall change from proxy to proxy without any uniform pattern.

In other words, you will have to find out and then block the 25 new IPs which have changed with the particular proxy you have decided to adopt (a process which shall have to be repeated each and every time.)

Routing through proxy causes an IDM deactivation — a phenomenon which we are very well aware of.

Yes, there is a solution — unfortunately, only you can resolve it.

Routing traffic through a proxy introduces a corresponding change in all the 25 IPs — none of those IPs would remain standard any longer and shall change from proxy to proxy without any uniform pattern.

In other words, you will have to find out and then block the 25 new IPs which have changed with the particular proxy you have decided to adopt (a process which shall have to be repeated each and every time.)

Then best is to leave it like that. Just a feww days with Dialog Box, but I get 10 times the download speed. :D

details:

Perhaps this can help

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/register/new_faq/problems4.html

or this

http://www.mediafire.com/view/hnkt5f5i2u7u0ih/Why%20does%20it%20happen.png

(click on the image to toggle full screen mode)

New security counter-measures for security state on verified (https) pages introduced in the the latest Firefox (V43) sabotaged all the existing workarounds which previously made it possible to color the background of the Location Bar, the standard green (or any other color of User choice.)

Have just adopted a new implementation to make it possible once again as demonstrated by the following Firefox V43 illustration (check out my background color of the Location Bar — highlighted in yellow):—

Click the following image for the bigger picture (to exit the image from full screen, press the Esc key):

HVjj809.png

@dcs

can you give me the entry corresponding to hiding search one offs, it looks as though nightly has removed that entry and now i dont remember its parameter.

("browser.search.showOneOffButtons", false);

It is now Process Lasso 8.8.9.3 Beta.

It is now Process Lasso 8.8.8.8 Final :naughty:

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived