"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Why don't you guys start posting Android tutorials it's virgin territory. ^_^

You are supposed to post the "android firewall tutorial" btw :angry:
If I did that the territory would no longer remain virgin. :tehe:
What tempting you to keep the territory virgin? You can rather say that the tutorial will be a hell of a headache and there is no assurane that it will work (like the ESET firewall fix fail) - I would accept it. :spank:
how's ur windows 10 going btw? how r u managing the updates? :rolleyes:
Don't ask. I don't have a personal Win 10 system right now. A friend whose system I have assembled, gave me the system to use till I assemble my own. I have installed win 10 in that. Formatted yesterday after Ccleaner cleaning messed with it. The Windows update thing is tricky with win 10. Before formatting, by dcs18's trick, I was able to restrict the auto download of updates but after formatting, the same trick isn't working.

Another problem is ESET's tray icon isn't starting up with windows.

Microsoft will never learn!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't you guys start posting Android tutorials — it's virgin territory. ^_^

You are supposed to post the "android firewall tutorial" btw :angry:
If I did that — the territory would no longer remain virgin. :tehe:
What tempting you to keep the territory virgin? You can rather say that the tutorial will be a hell of a headache and there is no assurane that it will work (like the ESET firewall fix fail) - I would accept it. :spank:

Well OK then, the Android firewall tutorial is impossible for a person like me, with limited (nay nil) competency — happy? uu0vOfR.gif

Never knew it would be so easy to wriggle out and away. g4ZwQYe.gif

Check out the apps. I use - it would be easier for you ( just launch a search for the following apps., one-at-a-time; at https://play.google.com/store/apps )

• Alarm Clock (with Stop Watch) = Alarm Clock Xtreme
  • Anti-Theft = Where's My Droid Pro
  • Anti-Virus = CM Security Antivirus AppLock
  • Automation = Tasker (for the Pros.) or Locale
  • Backup & Restore = Titanium Backup Pro
  • Battery Saver = Greenify Pro
  • Blocker (Calls & SMS) = Extreme Call Blocker Call Master or Root Call Blocker
  • Calculator = MathStudio
  • Calendar = Business Calendar Pro
  • Call Recorder = Voice PRO Call Recorder
  • Camera = Camera ZOOM FX Premium
  • Card Reader = CamCard Business Card Reader
  • Contacts Exporter = Excel<->Contacts
  • Dialer = DW Contacts & Phone Dialer Pro
  • File Explorer = X-plore File Manager
  • Flashlight (Torch) = Amazing Flashlight
  • Full-screen Caller ID = Ultimate Caller ID Screen HD
  • Instant Messenger = WhatsApp Plus
  • Keyboard = Swype
  • Launcher = Next Launcher 3D Shell
  • Music Player = Poweramp
  • Office Suite = OfficeSuite 8 Premium
  • Patcher = Lucky Patcher
  • Scanner = CamScanner Phone PDF Creator
  • SMS Program = GO SMS Pro Premium
  • SMS Scheduling = SMS Flow Scheduler +
  • Super User = SuperSU Pro
  • System Info = System Info
  • Theme = Alloy Red Theme CM10.1
  • Video Player = MX Player Pro
  • Voice Assistant = EVA

Have revised two of my personal choice of top-rated Android apps. — highlighted above. 8)

I have this list already except those two highlighted. You sent me via PM ages ago.

And most of those apps are best suited for custom ROMs.

BTW, I rate "Swiftkey" over "Swype" and I am not a big fan of complex audio player. So AIMP is all I wanted. I am happy with it.

And most of those apps are best suited for custom ROMs.

Custom ROM or Stock ROM does not matter — what makes a difference though, is that those apps are mostly suitable for rooted devices (regardless of the ROM.)

BTW, I rate "Swiftkey" over "Swype" <snip>

Well, when I am using the typist method, SwiftKey does seem better — however, I prefer Swype for it's superior swiping (after all Swype is the innovator of this radical method.)

<snip> I am not a big fan of complex audio player. So AIMP is all I wanted. I am happy with it.

JFTR, the latest breed of Poweramp, no longer calls for the custom codec to be slip-streamed — a variety of different factory-fitted HD codecs come pre-installed. ^_^

<snip> I am not a big fan of complex audio player. So AIMP is all I wanted. I am happy with it.

JFTR, the latest breed of Poweramp, no longer calls for the custom codec to be slip-streamed a variety of different factory-fitted HD codecs come pre-installed. ^_^
Still I am happy with AIMP :D

Some really good news for Android Users of the latest Lollipop and Marshmallow Xposed Framework and Installer is now available (thanks to rovo89.) ^_^

Not sure for intel based device. It bricked my device.
You have the rare gift known as Midas touch (in reverse) all gold you touch turns into dust. :TeHe:
Yes, very true. My fortune is very bad.

Can someone contact me, I am wanting help on a custom built high end laptop, would like to email for help

What's wrong discussing out here?

Guys, right now I got a bricked Lenovo A6000 plus phone to fix.

My friend went to city to fix it. Roamed around some repair shop. They couldn't fix it. Finally he apprached Lenovo service center. But as the phone was rooted, which means the warranty was breached. They pounding on that opportunity, agreed to repair the phone for 5k bucks, where the phone itself costs 7k. Pretty "flaccid dick condition" on a romantic bed time with your girl, right? :tooth:

He came back and left the phone with me saying "If you can't repair, crush it". He was pretty sad.

Now, I tried his phone to get recognised in the computer but it was a hell of a mess to do that. I will tell this if I succeed in making the device work. Somehow, I made the device recognised and ready to flash through adb sideload. I am going to download the stock rom tonight. I have a doubt in this case. The current rom on the bricked device reads "Kraft-A6000-s_S014_150730" but after searching a lot I only find "Kraft-A6000-s_S015_150819" through their official server.

So if anyone has a flashing experience with Lenovo device, I want to ask - can I flash S015_150819 rom over existing bricked S014_150730 rom?

Worked perfectly. Just repaired my friend's lenovo a6000 plus.

Hurray :clap:

I will write the tuturial here if I don't feel lazy. @dcs18, send me some mojo. :tooth:

I will write the tuturial here if I don't feel lazy.

F3h9xqz.gif

@dcs18, send me some mojo. :tooth:

Personally, I like to pick on subjects that do not already have any tutorial on the internet highway.

I like to reserve space for the same and then just wait for the inspiration to kick-in. ^_^

I tried the tutorials around the web but none of them was able to list the lenovo a6000 plus device on adb sideload command without which it wasn't possible to flash a device with that condition. The improvised part was mine.

[Fix] Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus phone Unbrick Tutorial

Condition of the phone

P_20151117_154854_1.jpg

Resources

The Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus stock ROM direct from Lenovo servers - 1.05 GB

Kraft-A6000-s_S015_150819_WCC8.zip

ADB Sideload Tool - 749.5 KB

Minimal ADB and Fastboot

ADB driver for Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus - 8.27 MB

xiaomi_usb_driver.rar

The Procedure

Now, restart you PC to boot options and disable Driver signature enforcement.

Instal the ABD driver for Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus from the given link in your PC and restart.

Make sure your bricked phone has at least 50% of charge. Connect your phone with the original data cable with the PC and turn it ON. Be sure to keep the phone with the data cable in a stable position because any disconnection during the process may lead the phone to permanent damage. Also make sure that the PC or Laptop whatever your are using for the purpose can hold for 6-8 minutes under A.C power interruption. Power loss during the process will also permanently damage the phone.

Now after connecting the phone to PC and switching the phone ON, you will see the Droid Boot menu as shown in the first picture of the tutorial.

Use the volume up/down key to nevigate to the option "Apply update from ADB" and select the option by pressing the power button.

Now your PC should make a "hardware insert sound".

Now instal "minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1_setup.exe". Navigate to its installed folder in program files and move/copy the downloaded ZIP file of Lenovo ROM in there.

Now launch the ADB fastboot app from the shortcut placed in desktop as administrator and type in

adb devices
. In case of successful driver installation and connection, you should see your device ID followed by "sideload" command. If the device ID is not appearing in the command window, you might have missed something. In that case start from scratch again.

Now you are ready to send the ROM package to your phone. To do that, in the same command prompt window type in

adb sideload Kraft-A6000-s_S015_150819_WCC8.zip
exactly as the way it is and hit "Enter". Then the adb command will start sending the ROM package to your phone. You will see the progress in the command window.

After 100%, the package will be sent to your phone. Then your phone will verify and instal the package. It will take a while for this and at last it will say you successful presenting the "Droid Boot" menu as shown in the first picture of the tutorial.

Now, diconnect the cable from the PC and and restart the phone pressing the power button once over the "reboot system now" option. It will take some time to take you to the android setting during a fresh start.

Feel free to ask/suggest anything in this regard.

Good Luck!

All credits goes to the original developers of the used tools. My credit is just composing them together.

Tested successfully on Windows 10 64 bit with Lenovo A6000 Plus

Now I will tell you my improvised part.

It's about finding the adb driver for the phone. I found some solutions but none of them worked. Then after connecting the phone, I went to the device manager. Spotted the device in the "unknown device" section. Copied it's "Hardware ID" and found the exact driver using the trick in my sig which was also improvised. :lol:

The exact driver came out to be a XIAOMI one though but worked flawlessly :tehe:

It's about finding the adb driver for the phone. I found some solutions but none of them worked. Then after connecting the phone, I went to the device manager. Spotted the device in the "unknown device" section. Copied it's "Hardware ID" and found the exact driver using the trick in my sig which was also improvised. :lol:

The exact driver came out to be a XIAOMI one though but worked flawlessly :tehe:

Can you tell the source of the article. Also which website did you use to find the driver or just used google. Any beginner links will be appreciated

Can you tell the source of the article. Also which website did you use to find the driver or just used google. Any beginner links will be appreciated
The tutorial is everywhwre in the web. Just google the title.

The driver download part is improvised from a link in my signature "How to download exact driver using hardware ID trick"

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived