ESET v4 Fixes

shought

Thanks mara and box for the fix, working on Windows 7 32-bit. Well, I think it is, how to I check how many days I've got remaining for the trial? I can't find how long there's left at all. XD haha

If you used option to remove trial watermarks, then you can't check, but don't worry, countdown is stopped on 31.

Cheers ;)

I posted and then when I was afk I later realised this was probably why. Not my brightest moment! Thanks again! :(

• Replies 2k
  • Views 204.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe you can still check it in the About box, not sure.

No, it can't be checked. That watermark is also removed. BTW, I did not forgot for the changes you asked, I did not have the time, but I'll do it soon.

Thanks mara and box for the fix, working on Windows 7 32-bit. Well, I think it is, how to I check how many days I've got remaining for the trial? I can't find how long there's left at all. XD haha

If you used option to remove trial watermarks, then you can't check, but don't worry, countdown is stopped on 31.

Cheers :P

I posted and then when I was afk I later realised this was probably why. Not my brightest moment! Thanks again! :)

You are welcome.

Cheers :P

I believe you can still check it in the About box, not sure.

No, it can't be checked. That watermark is also removed. BTW, I did not forgot for the changes you asked, I did not have the time, but I'll do it soon.

Ok :lol:

No problem ;)

So is it better to use 1.1 instead of 1.5?

Yes, because we are talking about two different fixes. What you found is mara- fix 1.5 and it is obsolete now, and boxmara- fix is a new fix which has version 1.1.

Cheers ;)

Oh... sorry, my mistake ;)

I didn't notice fix 1.5 was without the "box" part :lol:

NodEnabler 3.xx will be ready in a week or so, said matt1553 !

Keep your eyes on this topic and wait for the new BOMB ! :rolleyes:

NodEnabler 3.xx will be ready in a week or so, said matt1553 !

Keep your eyes on this topic and wait for the new BOMB ! :P

Nice! Guess you will post the new NodEnabler and NodAbler for all to use here! :rolleyes:

ESET Fix 1.1 is still working on Windows 7 x64 buld 7229 and on Windows XP Professional SP3

Tried it today on both systems.

Hi,there ! :lol:

= NodAbler is now version 2.1 and final.

= NodEnabler 3.2 is now version Alpha and even so is working.

Keep your eyes on this Topic. These "Utilities" will be posted here as soon as they are released.

OBS:- Read in first place my posts Nr: 255, 258, 260 and 264

Cheers

Jofre

currently using smart security v4.0.437 with box, mara fix 1.1.

the fix works but i'm facing some problem on the update. it keep updating to the same signature database (>20mb) even though i'm already updated to the latest. it shows that it's the latest 4174 (20090620) from the Update page right now, however when I try to click it, it links itself back to the old signature database 4075 (20090514), which is the one that comes together with v4.0.437.

anyone getting the same problem?

the fix works but i'm facing some problem on the update. it keep updating to the same signature database (>20mb) even though i'm already updated to the latest. it shows that it's the latest 4174 (20090620) from the Update page right now, however when I try to click it, it links itself back to the old signature database 4075 (20090514), which is the one that comes together with v4.0.437.

Which operating system are you using (including service pack)?

Cheers :lol:

Just checked, and I'm getting the same. Using Windows 7 32-bit RC (Build 7100).

Cheers :)

using vista 32bit sp2 here.

I can't tell anything here because I don't have t o test it, but it might be the problem that tention has. Try the suggestions I will write for him.

Cheers :yes:

You problem is SP2 for Vista. ESET v4 is currently not compatible with Vista SP2. It's really strange that you don't have any other problem except this with it. One of temporary solutions by ESET is that you disable Self-Defense and Anti-Spam module. You will have to go in Safe Mode to disable Self-Defense. When in Safe mode go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset. Press F3 and type Self. Then put the value of found key to 0. Reboot computer to normal mode and then disable Anti-Spam module. Reboot again. Try to update now.

Cheers :)

I can't tell anything here because I don't have t o test it, but it might be the problem that tention has. Try the suggestions I will write for him.

Cheers ^_^

You problem is SP2 for Vista. ESET v4 is currently not compatible with Vista SP2. It's really strange that you don't have any other problem except this with it. One of temporary solutions by ESET is that you disable Self-Defense and Anti-Spam module. You will have to go in Safe Mode to disable Self-Defense. When in Safe mode go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset. Press F3 and type Self. Then put the value of found key to 0. Reboot computer to normal mode and then disable Anti-Spam module. Reboot again. Try to update now.

Cheers :yes:

thanks for the reply. i have actually turn the test mode on here as shown in the link, so it has upgraded the modules to works with vista sp2.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=conte...4&actp=LIST

anyway the problem still exist like when i click the word "4175 (20090621)" from the Update page, it will link back to 4075 (20090514). however, if i leave it to auto update itself without clicking the update button manually, it will not update the whole thing (>20mb) as i mentioned. will test it again later.

Hi,there ! ^_^

= NodAbler is now version 2.0 and is almost ready.

= NodEnabler 3.2 is now version Alpha and even so is working.

Keep your eyes on this Topic. These "Utilities" will be posted here as soon as they are released.

OBS:- Read in first place my posts Nr: 255, 258, 260 and 264

Cheers

Jofre

NodAbler is now version 2.1.

@tention

It seems I did not understand you problem when I suggested solution. You will have to ignore that problem. It seems that ESET does not update links regularly for trial version so it points to correct database on their web page. But, don't worry, if you are getting latest definitions, everything is OK.

Cheers ^_^

My earlier problem is my nod32 keep updating itself with >20mb files even it already has the latest definitions. I pointed out the link is because i though that's the problem that cause it to keep updating.

I tried reinstall the fix and the problem has been fixed as it only update when there's new definition now.

Thanks for helping and the nice fix. ^_^

ESET Servers having problems with updates !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey ! FORGET ! WORKING again !

All is fine. :)

cheers

Jofre

I just tried manual update, first time worked, so no problems spotted here :)

PsychoticxBloodxLust

i like nod enabler, mainly because it uses the nod321 database if i'm not mistaken where as nodlogin is hosted on its own server, the other thing is its not BLed and it is given it own schudled time to check the linsce status in the background, the only thing is it sometimes fail to update but work 95% of the time if you just wait an xtra hour it corrects its self

Hi,

My name is Vidjindra.

And i have a little problem with the fix.

When i install the ESET Smart Security 4.0.437 its still going good. After that you have to disable the self defense by pressing F5.

After that i restart my laptop and try to use the fix. But the fix say that the self defense is still on. Is that someone how can advise me?

My system is: Windows vista home premium 64-bit

Thanks anyway for this great site!

Vidjin

p.s.

this is the printscreen where you can see the self defense is off but the fix still says thats on(in dutch)

naamloosnbi.th.jpg

I see your Dutch, so I'll make an exception and continue in Dutch from here:

Als je met je rechtermuisknop op de fix klikt en dan 'Uitvoeren als', 'Administrator' dan zou hij wel moeten werken(zet eerst Self-defense uit natuurlijk).

Translation:

If you right-click the fix and press 'Run as', 'Administrator' then it should work(first disable Self-defense of course).

I see your Dutch, so I'll make an exception and continue in Dutch from here:

Als je met je rechtermuisknop op de fix klikt en dan 'Uitvoeren als', 'Administrator' dan zou hij wel moeten werken(zet eerst Self-defense uit natuurlijk).

Translation:

If you right-click the fix and press 'Run as', 'Administrator' then it should work(first disable Self-defense of course).

Thanks it works perfect!!

Archived