ESET v4 Fixes

shought

This is not problem with the fix . Eset definitions caused this. I also have this error. I did not try, but complete uninstall, and then fresh install should solve the problem. You can Google about this problem. Some says that they did not touch anything and Eset updated automatically itself.

Cheers :)

I Googled the issue but couldn't really figure out the cause as I followed the diagnostics on the Wilder's Security forum for the problem but everything on my system seemed to line up. The problem was still there so I :

1-Disabled self defense and rebooted

2-Unfixed and uninstalled ESET. Deleted the registry entries and the ESET folders under Documents and Settings for all users and my user name and rebooted.

3-Installed ESET again, disabled self defense and rebooted

4-Ran the fix and rebooted

5-Changed the red icon to green by updating to the initial database of 05-14-09 (4075)

6-It should update to the curremt database as I recall in a day or so - we'll see.

I may have to do the same for my desktop and netbook. Although I haven't seen the problem yet, I also don't think they have updated properly.

You need to do first update manually. Just keep pressing to update until you get it.

Cheers ;)

Thanks Mara. Updated just fine to the current database (4234) a couple of minutes ago, so around 12 hrs. after I did the fresh install and fresh fix.

• Replies 2k
  • Views 204.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aoham :

Maybe that`s the reason, I dont know. But I `ll comunicate to Matt 1553 , The author of Nod Enabler.

I also have all Net.framework installed (till v. 3.5 SP1) and no problem for me.

Hope this is the reason why it fails for some people...

I am glad you could make it work.

Jofre

aoham :

Which language of XP and ESET are you using ?

I have to comunicate this to matt1553 - the author.

Jofre

English

im not facing that problem but these one:

nonfunctional.th.jpg

even if i click under "Configure" and mark "Enable real time file system protection" then "Ok" i still have that red icon. Because the mark wont stay...

Please any idea? Never had these problem anyway.

Thanks a lot in advance

Go to Setup->Advanced Setup->Update. Click on "Setup...". Choose option "Always update program components", and press OK. Now, try updating Eset. If there is no update, wait until next is out. Also, you could post for us you modules version. Go to Help->About and copy here you modules, so we can see if you have the latest. BTW, which Windows are you using? If Vista SP2, then you definitely need to get modules updates. If updating to newest modules do not solve the problem, Uninstall and do a new Install. Do not use Repair.

For everybody who have General Compiler Error:

Disable Self-Defense->Reboot>UnFix box, mara- fix->Uninstall (do not try to use Repair, it won't work)->Reboot->Install again ESET->Disable Self-Defense->Reboot->Apply the fix with option "Enable Self Defense"-Y>Do first update manually.

Cheers :D

• Administrator

Vow that's a long procedure. I already know the way to do it but it takes a long time to do and 4 or more reboots so haven't done it still.

Anyway box mara fix 1.1 OR 1.2?

Infinite_Vision

Mara, I encountered the problem today as well but I did not reinstall version 4.0.437.0 and the fix. I kept hitting the update button for about 20 times and it finally worked.

This is not problem with the fix . Eset definitions caused this. I also have this error. I did not try, but complete uninstall, and then fresh install should solve the problem. You can Google about this problem. Some says that they did not touch anything and Eset updated automatically itself.

Cheers ;)

I Googled the issue but couldn't really figure out the cause as I followed the diagnostics on the Wilder's Security forum for the problem but everything on my system seemed to line up. The problem was still there so I :

1-Disabled self defense and rebooted

2-Unfixed and uninstalled ESET. Deleted the registry entries and the ESET folders under Documents and Settings for all users and my user name and rebooted.

3-Installed ESET again, disabled self defense and rebooted

4-Ran the fix and rebooted

5-Changed the red icon to green by updating to the initial database of 05-14-09 (4075)

6-It should update to the curremt database as I recall in a day or so - we'll see.

I may have to do the same for my desktop and netbook. Although I haven't seen the problem yet, I also don't think they have updated properly.

You need to do first update manually. Just keep pressing to update until you get it.

Cheers ;)

About the new NodEnabler 3.2 :-

It`s confirmed NodEnabler 3.2 needs «Microsoft.NET Framework» installed. Confirmed not just here at Nsane`s but also at another website. This way it works fine on all Operational Systems.

Don`t forget, you need to reboot y / PC after NodEnabler installed.

Download :- Go to Post Nr.366 here, this topic.

Need your information in order to post NodEnabler 3.2 on FrontPage.

Cheers

Jofre

• Administrator

Microsoft.NET Framework is already installed on windows. It the version you are talking about.

@DKT27

Yeah, I know it's long, but it works. Maybe you can just try what Infinite_Vision did. And, it does not matter, you can use 1.1 or 1.2. You can see from changelog, that I just added some checks.

Cheers ;)

• Administrator

Please post the 1.2 link again. I have hit it 50 times. It downloads but when it tries to update it causes the so-called problem. I'm sure that ESET has found some fixes for it(box mara). Or is it a bug of mara fix?

Microsoft.NET Framework is already installed on windows. It the version you are talking about.

------------------------------------------------------------

For NodEnabler 3.2 to work, you need at least Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 but for some programs compatibility you may need v.3.5.

• Administrator

For NodEnabler 3.2 to work, you need at least Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 but for some programs compatibility you may need v.3.5.

Yes I know it. I have 3.5.

(...)

Go to Setup->Advanced Setup->Update. Click on "Setup...". Choose option "Always update program components", and press OK. Now, try updating Eset. If there is no update, wait until next is out. Also, you could post for us you modules version. Go to Help->About and copy here you modules, so we can see if you have the latest. BTW, which Windows are you using? If Vista SP2, then you definitely need to get modules updates. If updating to newest modules do not solve the problem, Uninstall and do a new Install. Do not use Repair.

Oki first thing is done (switched to "Always update program components"), i've upgraded to latest antivirus definition but no modules update.

Here the others infos:

Virus signature database: 4235 (20090711)

Update module: 1028 (20090302)

Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1227 (20090629)

Advanced heuristics module: 1092 (20090309)

Archive support module: 1097 (20090702)

Cleaner module: 1042 (20090702)

Anti-Stealth support module: 1012 (20090526)

SysInspector module: 1213 (20090507)

Self-defense support module : 1005 (20081105)

All with windows xp sp3 with latest patches.

Thanks a lot for the help and patience

Please post the 1.2 link again. I have hit it 50 times. It downloads but when it tries to update it causes the so-called problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to your request , here is

ESET4box,mara Fix 1.2 :-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» mediafire.com

...........................................ShareCode »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» /download.php?im4l3j0jwmi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers

jofre

• Administrator

Thanx. Downloading.

The box, mara-fix 1.2 can be downloaded from our frontpage ;)

What is the best to use? : Nodlogin9.9, NodEnabler3.2 or Box, mara-fix 1.2?

I have heard that some fixes not update everyday?

I have noticed that I get the general compiler error if the computer has a trial version and definitions are 4229 or below. Apparently, some trial update servers are stuck at 4230 (I checked the upd.ver), while others can update to the latest definitions. A server that can update is u49.eset.com/eset_eval , though it takes a few manual clicks to get it. Hope this helps.

I have noticed that I get the general compiler error if the computer has a trial version and definitions are 4229 or below. Apparently, some trial update servers are stuck at 4230 (I checked the upd.ver), while others can update to the latest definitions. A server that can update is u49.eset.com/eset_eval , though it takes a few manual clicks to get it. Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No problems here, using NodEnabler 3.2. Updates when there are new virus signature database to update. Right in time.

YOU must try ! 100% working on all Operational Systems. Goto Post Nr 364 or Post 366.

Dont forget to comment here.

Also : install first at least Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0.

Don`t forget to reboot PC once you have installed NodEnabler 3.2 - This way, never fails !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~I know it works , but need your confirmation in order to post NodEnabler 3.2 on FrontPage !!! Works with proxies too !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers

Jofre

NodEnabler 3.2 has been added to our listings :D Thanks to jofre :D

NodEnabler 3.2 has been added to our listings ;) Thanks to jofre :)

Nice..!

Why this when you have NodEnabler, Nodlogin and MiNodlogin?

Why !?

That`s the question !

Archived