ESET v4 Fixes

shought

Trying to download from the proxy is just a nightmare. I am trying to download box-mara fix 1.2, and it downloads at about 4-8kb/s, and at some point during the download it stops and I have to start again.

I can't even finish downloading the file, can we have a mirror or something please?

Edit: Nevermind, found one on the previous page.

• Replies 2k
  • Views 205.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried Nodenabler 3.2 on eset 2.7.0.39 working flawlessly..no problem at all..

@ Jofre

any advice the best setup for it? Thanks.. I think as advise by one of the maker from the other site is to change or do force license insert before it reaches its expiry. what is your point of view?

Tried Nodenabler 3.2 on eset 2.7.0.39 working flawlessly..no problem at all..

@ Jofre

any advice the best setup for it? Thanks.. I think as advise by one of the maker from the other site is to change or do force license insert before it reaches its expiry. what is your point of view?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Jin :

Because we still are at the beginning of this great utility, at this moment I have almost all settings checked:

1- GENERAL »» Desktop shortcut =» Checked

........................Run at Startup and Standard =» Checked

2 - ADVANCED »» Both boxes =» Checked

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers

Jofre

Still getting general compiler error. Stuck at 4229 and i got v4.

Used nodlogin in the beginning but changed to nodenabler after reading that it could fix the problem but it didnt. So what should i do?

Can someone explain the differences between NodEnabler, NodLogin and box-mara fix, like what they do to keep ESET4 up-to-date (e.g. licences or trial reset etc)? Just curious, thanks. :D

Can someone explain the differences between NodEnabler, NodLogin and box-mara fix, like what they do to keep ESET4 up-to-date (e.g. licences or trial reset etc)? Just curious, thanks. :D

Box-Mara fix simply modifies the registry to extend the trial, giving you essentially a trial that lasts forever. The others are license inserters. You use a retail version of Eset and they search for valid licenses from either a database or various websites and insert them in the Eset product for you. When the license expires, gets blacklisted, or gets near to expiring, you can use them to find and insert a new valid license.

jayhuffdaddy

If I downloaded from Eset directly and using box fix, will I have problems since I didn't download a trial version of eset?

Not sure because I use a couple of the license finders myself. (They work great, btw.) I think there is a way to convert retail to trial (or was it vice versa). I'm sure someone else will answer your question.

But you could always just download a trial version directly from ESET.

Whichever version you download it will be just fine, just Fix it and everything will be done for you.

I have noticed that I get the general compiler error if the computer has a trial version and definitions are 4229 or below. Apparently, some trial update servers are stuck at 4230 (I checked the upd.ver), while others can update to the latest definitions. A server that can update is u49.eset.com/eset_eval , though it takes a few manual clicks to get it. Hope this helps.

Hey man thanks, that did the trick for me. I changed the update server manually.

I have noticed that I get the general compiler error if the computer has a trial version and definitions are 4229 or below. Apparently, some trial update servers are stuck at 4230 (I checked the upd.ver), while others can update to the latest definitions. A server that can update is u49.eset.com/eset_eval , though it takes a few manual clicks to get it. Hope this helps.

Hey man thanks, that did the trick for me. I changed the update server manually.

This seems to have did the trick for me as well. Many thanks for the additional update server.

Did you guys check out the matousec test of ESET Smart Security 4.0.417.0?

Check it out below:

Poor Eset

Any guess on what it got? 99%? 96%? NO It got 4%.

One of the lowest ratings in history! So ahead and use Eset, soon ur gona get a bill on your credit card of £50,000 from when hackers planted 5 viruses on ur pc! :rofl:

Demosthenes

This seems to have did the trick for me as well. Many thanks for the additional update server.

Doesn't look like the manual update server works anymore...

Mara, I encountered the problem today as well but I did not reinstall version 4.0.437.0 and the fix. I kept hitting the update button for about 20 times and it finally worked.

That did the trick :)

Hi I need help. I tried reading through the thread but I can't seem to find an answer. I used mara's box fix and I followed the instructions and everything is fine, I click the fix and it asks if I want to unfix (if I turn off security thing) but when I try to update it keeps asking me to input a username/password. Any help?

NodEnabler 3.2.1 is out!

Version 3.2.1

+Fixed the problem experienced by gws with V3.2 when the existing license is checked.

+Modified the Vista (and later) task to run on user logon instead of on a network event (more reliable, less failed starts).

Download

Site: http://www.ziddu.com

Sharecode: /download/5630482/NodEnabler3.2.1.zip.html

:battle: :battle: :battle: »»» Here is the champion !!!»»» :ph34r:

NodEnabler 3.2.1 is out!

Version 3.2.1

+Fixed the problem experienced by gws with V3.2 when the existing license is checked.

+Modified the Vista (and later) task to run on user logon instead of on a network event (more reliable, less failed starts).

Download

Site: http://www.ziddu.com

Sharecode: /download/5630482/NodEnabler3.2.1.zip.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the minor bug found by user "gws" reason why this new version NodEnabler 3.2.1 was done :

=== "I'm still getting this error, installed all the .net framework versions ( now up to 3.1 SP1)

"AutoIt Error"

Line -1:

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

=====Here are the last run results =====

Run on 12/07/2009 at 20:58:52 local time by #####

License data stored at: HKLM64\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Profiles\@My profile

Using the same proxy settings as Internet Explorer.

Waiting for a successful connection to an ESET update server...

ESET Server: u51.eset.com, Test file size: 3506

Successfully contacted an update server, continuing.

Existing license: Username: EAV-18107669, Password: adn28h5uad

Verifying the existing license...

===================

Rebooted after all updating. Still " No Worky "

Running Windows 7 7127 x64 and Eset 4.0.437

Giving more info, I hope it is not me Eyes

Thanks for all the hard work. " ===

gws (»»» @Lite? )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIRROR :- (NodEnabler 3.2.1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»mediafire.com

......................................ShareCode »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» /download.php?yodyzo2o0fj

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers»»» :)

Jofre

PS:- People just need to have installed at least, Microsoft.NET Framework v.1.1 and this way NodEnabler 3.2.1 works fine, with automatic updates. All OS and Eset 2, 3 and 4.

Check if you have all Microsoft Windows Security Updates.

Restart PC when you have installed NodEnabler 3.2.1 and try then update 1st time, manually.

No need to Schedule, unless you are on NET 24 hours / day . This case, just on this case, you can schedule to check for updates every 6 or 12 hours.

using update server: http://u48.eset.com/eset_eval seemed to solve this for me @ 4248 now

Thanks, I used box mara fix 1.2 and was unable to update no matter how many times I clicked.

I inserted this and the other servers and no more problems.

It updates fine now.

Thanks for posting these.

:lol:

No problem. Maybe there should be a notice about needing to add certain servers to successfully update while using the box/mara fix.

I was randomly testing some trial update servers and noticed that those in the u40's and u50's can update to the latest definitions, but those at u20's or u30's seem to be stuck at 4230 (according to update.ver). Can anyone else confirm this?

thanks jofre, nodlogin stopped working for me today. Just installed the new nodenalber you posted and it made my AV come back to life :P

thanks jofre, nodlogin stopped working for me today. Just installed the new nodenalber you posted and it made my AV come back to life :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are :) !

As I said before, NodEnabler 3.2.1 is the Champion Now ! ( like my horse of two legs...)

Cheers

Jofre

• Administrator

It working for me now. Unfixed Box-mara, installed the new ESET version, fix it by new box-mara(v1.2). No "general compiler error" at all. :dance: :hehe: :) :) :think: :smartass: ;)

Archived